Struggling

[sn...]

Hi Guys really hard at moment

5am getting extreme anxiety and out of control thoughts although I am going insane

Is there a really hard part of your taper you just have to push thru holding doesnt seem to help

I cant go up I just cant It will kill me

I have to go down without losing my mind any ideas and past experience like mine

I am titating 1.5ml per 100ml v a day

1ml this is too long and not really working

Do I have to just go for it

Cheers

A number of people have read your post without knowing what to say.  I am going to give it a go.

I think that you just need some emotional, moral, support for your taper.  You seem to be going slowly, and that is good.  You know that Valium reduction from the lowest amounts is difficult.  But think of how far you have come!!  Give yourself some credit.  I try to do that, especially when I think about how slowly I have to reduce from 2.25 mg. of Valium.  I held at two-fifths of that .25 mg. that I am reducing, just today.  I took some no-doz (equivalent of one cup of coffee), and I feel much better than I did when I woke up.  Just upon awakening, I was incredibly fatigued (my main symptom of withdrawal).

Holding does work.  But you have to be very patient, and that doesn't come easy for many of us, myself included.

Just for the record, I tried up-dosing, with a thought to not getting entirely off Valium at all.  I took 4 mg. for about a week, but toward the end of that week, I was feeling very fatigued, I think, from the increased Valium.  So I can see how you say that up-dosing isn't an option for you.

Just hang in there.  Post when you feel really bad.  The main thing is to give yourself credit for how far you have come.

Take care.

Hi Guys really hard at moment

5am getting extreme anxiety and out of control thoughts although I am going insane

Is there a really hard part of your taper you just have to push thru holding doesnt seem to help

I cant go up I just cant It will kill me

I have to go down without losing my mind any ideas and past experience like mine

I am titating 1.5ml per 100ml v a day

1ml this is too long and not really working

Do I have to just go for it

Cheers

Are you trying other methods to control insomnia and anxiety?  Natural supplements, breathing techniques, exercise, etc.?  For me just tapering wasn't enough.  I had to learn how to manage with the symptoms.  It isn't easy but it can be done.  For me, I have to get my mind off the taper so it doesn't drive me crazy.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I find that just 20 minutes of walking a little more than half a mile on a treadmill, six days a week, helps.  I come back home, eat some lunch, and then take a nap.

I had very fitful and short sleep as an older adult taking more Valium.  Since I have been able to reduce, my sleep has improved dramatically.

This was not something that I realized Valium was doing to me, hindering my sleep.  As a younger person, Valium had enhanced sleep.

Try chamomile tea for its calming effect.  If it has GABA, I don't know it.  Use two tea bags and steep for 30 minutes.  Then sit down and sip slowly.  Do something that previously has relaxed you.  Writing or reading quietly.  I get the best effect from the tea when I stop all activity, and just sip as I sit. 

I have used Ambien, against recommendations, but I think that it makes my fatigue worse when I am coming off it, two days after taking.  The half-life is supposedly shorter than that, but that is my experience.  Ambien does give you restful sleep.  I also take one-half tablet of a 25-mg. Unisom, on a regular basis.

Come back on the site and let us know how you are doing.  People here know what you are going through and will be supportive.