alprazolam intensol help

[ga...]

Hi. I am trying to dilute my alprazolam intensol (liquid Xanax) so I can micro taper. I am mightily confused. My liquid is 1ml=1mg so that part is pretty straightforward.

My med is already in a liquid form (dissolved in water). I have been measuring it with an oral syringe that is marked to .02ml.

I have been taking at

3AM, 7AM, 11AM, 3PM, 7PM .18ml  and .20ml at 11PM. The total is 1.10ml per day.

My last .02ml cut knocked me over for a week. I want to dilute and micro taper. I am seriously math challenged at this point because of sleep deprivation and benzo-brain effects.

I want to start by micro tapering the 11PM dose down to equal the other doses. Then I want to micro taper round robin style keeping the doses as even as possible. That's what I was doing up until now. But for some reason my brain cannot understand the micro tapering.

I ordered a 100ml graduated cylinder. It will arrive on Wednesday.

Now what? I've been reading the directions about titration but I can't figure out how to apply them to my situation. Has anyone done this or at least has a brain that can figure out how to do this?

My benzo-brain needs this in simple step-by-step, day-by-day instructions starting with how to get the bedtime dose even with the others. Maybe after I do that I will be able to understand how to keep going. (Or maybe not!)

Thank you!

Dilute your med 9:1 with water. Now 1ml contains .1mg

Take 5X1.8ml (.18MG) at normal times.  For your last dose, take

1.98ml(.198mg)

1.96ml(.196mg)

1.94ml(.194mg),  etc.

In 10 days, your 11PM dose will be .18mg, matching the other 5 doses.

Oh, thank you, builder. My brain needed that! (Although, now that I see it, I can't imagine why I couldn't figure that out myself.  :-[  :laugh:)