Benzos linked to CANCER

[im...]

"Scientists said that the more sleep medication a person takes and the longer they are on them, the greater the danger.

Those regularly using sleeping pills at least twice a week were nearly two-and-a-half times more likely to develop cancer of the airways than non-users.

And in those using the drugs for three years or more the risk appeared to treble.

The 20-year study, involving scientists from Norway, Finland and the UK, is thought to be the largest yet to highlight the cancer risk from using medicinal sleep aids."

:sick:

That's just fucking great. The info is from Daily Mail: yeah, I know, it's Daily Mail but the 20 year study was real. That's so depressing.

I raised this issue quite a while back after reading that my benzo (oxazepam) which I had taken for 28 years was classified as a Group 2b ("possible" carcinogen) by the IARC.

I became alarmed after reading that because I've been diagnosed with a blood disorder which I know I didn't have prior to benzos. My haematologist didn't seem convinced that there's a correlation though.

It's troubling to say the least.