UK paper - interesting

[lo...]

http://www.bjmp.org/content/benzodiazepines-revisited

Not sure if this has been posted before but I was very heartened to read in the opening paragraph that there is indeed a government led drive to reduce benzo dependence in all health board areas.

I can't read the whole article.  >:( >:(  brain too fuzzy.  :-[ :-[

Good article F, looks like its from 2012......one would think Doctors

should be educated by this, but obviously they aren't....so bizzare. :tickedoff:

Morreweg:

I think doctors don't feel the need to keep up with changing procedures. They think they are fine as long as they graduated from medical school, even if they are 65 years old and boy, times have changed since then. But they don't know this because they never bother to go to seminars and such. If they do go to those, they spend most of their time in the pool or sunbathing. But it still really annoys me when I see an ad that people can be detoxed in a matter of days. What a friggin joke..

Morreweg:

I think doctors don't feel the need to keep up with changing procedures. They think they are fine as long as they graduated from medical school, even if they are 65 years old and boy, times have changed since then. But they don't know this because they never bother to go to seminars and such. If they do go to those, they spend most of their time in the pool or sunbathing. But it still really annoys me when I see an ad that people can be detoxed in a matter of days. What a friggin joke..

Those misleading ads by detox clinics are amazing.  But clinic hype is not limited to benzo detox.  Sometimes they promise all sorts of things which must be unlikely.

Morreweg:

Yes, they feel like they can fix anything at all....in a matter of days.

Those misleading ads by detox clinics are amazing.  But clinic hype is not limited to benzo detox.  Sometimes they promise all sorts of things which must be unlikely.