Pharma Giant Pfizer faces law suits again....phew.

[Mo...]

Claudia:

I hope those on Zoloft read this....Dirty stinking liars....

You can say that again Bets....phew... :tickedoff:

Birth defects ..... that really is unforgivable.

Uncorrectable presumably?

And I usually forgive most things.

LF  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Birth defects ..... that really is unforgivable.

Uncorrectable presumably?

And I usually forgive most things.

LF  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

criminal, and I don't forgive ......happened  in the 60s ....Contergan scandal...

they just paid off millions....no big deal to them. >:( >:(

If Zoloft is bad for birth defects then the other SSRIs may also be bad for birth defects. This could be big.

who knows, best to find another solution and stay away

from this crap. I'd rather eat a dead mouse than touch any of these meds. :)

In my opinion, the entire situation stinks to high heaven. That's a very old saying that my mother used, but it's apt here as with all these psych drugs.

I'm recalling also the YouTube video with Robert Whittaker who was saying his book had 16 studies done by various government agencies that detailed how ultimately damaging these psych drugs were.

And he also felt it was Big Pharma And psychiatrists who buried those studies as none appeared in any of the prominent medical journals.

Criminal? Definitely. And why in the world would any doctor let drug reps be their educators? Money, time (or lack of it), and just plain ignorance.

May as well have Big Pharma teaching medical school. Or is that already happening?

Claudia:

I lasted one whole day on Zoloft. It was horrible, the worst drug I've ever been prescribed (until benzos, that is).

Claudia:

I lasted one whole day on Zoloft. It was horrible, the worst drug I've ever been prescribed (until benzos, that is).

OMG...thanks god it was just for one day....dangerous crap it is,

makes me so angry....

Intend....of course its happening...Big Pharma are sponsoring

medical schools......its a corruptive system ....stinks from head to toe... :o

http://www.naturalnews.com/049447_doctor_bribes_pharmaceutical_industry_whistleblowers.html

In my opinion, the entire situation stinks to high heaven. That's a very old saying that my mother used, but it's apt here as with all these psych drugs.

I'm recalling also the YouTube video with Robert Whittaker who was saying his book had 16 studies done by various government agencies that detailed how ultimately damaging these psych drugs were.

And he also felt it was Big Pharma And psychiatrists who buried those studies as none appeared in any of the prominent medical journals.

Criminal? Definitely. And why in the world would any doctor let drug reps be their educators? Money, time (or lack of it), and just plain ignorance.

May as well have Big Pharma teaching medical school. Or is that already happening?

Intend:

Good point. I also recently watched that Whittaker YouTube vid. He made so much sense that I actually thought he was a scientist. He did his homework. My pdoc refuses to see any and all sales reps. And of course, he does not accept samples...

Yes,

I do know that the drug companies are involved with our universities just like the oil and energy companies are.

They have representatives sitting on the board of directors and have tremendous influence.

Just my sarcasm coming out.

Disgusting to think we pay for this with our taxes, and it's actually poisoning us. But those legislators and schools love it apparently. Either they're DUMB, or they never use these drugs or breathe the same air and drink the same water like us "average citizens."

I guess none of them thinks of getting "hoisted on their own petard."

They fund the medical schools. 

Oh, problems with Big Pharma are so entrenched that it's like a massive plague upon the whole of society, in every part of the world.

Why would you wonder that?

It must be true. I see solicitations from lawyers firms to join this lawsuit.

If anyone has the data and proof of this, they do.

Taking any psych meds during pregnancy has been a "known crapshoot" for a number of years.

If they're a "crapshoot" with adults, then they surely can be with a developing fetus.

They fund the medical schools.

Yep.

Why would you wonder that?

It must be true. I see solicitations from lawyers firms to join this lawsuit.

If anyone has the data and proof of this, they do.

Taking any psych meds during pregnancy has been a "known crapshoot" for a number of years.

If they're a "crapshoot" with adults, then they surely can be with a developing fetus.

When I see "solicitations from lawyers firms to join this lawsuit" I am left wondering if they're aiming to make a fast buck rather than deliver what's best for the benzo sufferer.  Lawyers can be notorious for leading clients on.

Lawyers are certainly looking to make bucks, fast or slow. But in a contingency arrangement, which most of these are, they only make money if you win. They make a huge percentage 33-40%, but it's the only way an average person could ever take on big business.

There is no doubt whatsoever that lawyers in these circumstances want to make those contingency fees by winning these lawsuits.

But as I said, the data/proof is there about the dangers of using these psych drugs during pregnancy.

It's certainly on the handout that comes with my benzo from the pharmacy. And anyone can google this. I just googled "benzo use during pregnancy," and "SSRI use during pregnancy."

Plenty of sites came up, and there have been numerous studies since 2002. What I saw is that "risks cannot be ruled out," and among other sites, studies done in 2014 and 2015 have shown Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac have been linked to neural tube defects in the fetus, and that "celexa can cause serious birth defects if taken during pregnancy."

I'm always amazed when people question this sort of thing and apparently don't look some of this up for themselves. Or maybe they do, and then still question it in the face of overwhelming evidence.

If the evidence for a lawsuit is there, it's there. And that means that enough children have been afflicted with some kind of defect from the use of these drugs during pregnancy to establish a "causation" criteria rather than just a correlation.

I'm definitely not going to question the motives of lawyers in circumstances like these. It's not the "job" of any lawyer involved in this type of situation to "placate" a "benzo sufferer."