Psychiatrists are sad about their profession !

[Mo...]

Claudia:

I wish this was longer. Thanks for posting it. Do you think the dangers of these meds is finally being brought to light? Or is this just a blip on the screen?

Bets

Claudia:

I wish this was longer. Thanks for posting it. Do you think the dangers of these meds is finally being brought to light? Or is this just a blip on the screen?

Bets

Bets, I personally am very pessimistic about any mega changes in the near future.

Hoping for our next generation.......hoping they are smarter than us.

Claudia:

Bets

Bets, I personally am very pessimistic about any mega changes in the near future.

Hoping for our next generation.......hoping they are smarter than us.

M: I agree with you. No major changes will happen in our lifetime. This is why I called the FDA on the 1st of every month and complain to them about these drugs, and they always have an excuse. By now they know me well enough as I call them the biggest pharma lobbying group in the country. They don't like it when I say that. Well, tough sh*t. Our only hope is for future generations, like you said. But how many people will be killed in the meantime? Murder more like it. My mom is so worried about my brother, who takes 3 ADs~~SSRis and Abilify. He's worse than ever. He turned into a mean SOB......He was never like this before he took these drugs. He used to see my current pdoc but dropped him after my doc refused to script him these meds. He felt my bro would do better with a change in lifestyle and some intense therapy, which he was willing to do for him~~free of charge. But bro wanted a quick fix. :crazy:

Thanks so much for this, Morreweg!

This is positive news, definitely, even though it's a blip on the radar screen in terms of what needs to happen to effect a major change throughout the world. However, I do think that changes can happen during our lifetimes. I know I'm being a little too optimistic here for myself, because I'm almost 63, but with the tools we have available these days - Internet, social media, FB, etc., news moves much faster. I don't think that the problems with psych drugs can remain in the closet forever. These problems have gone on for far too long already. Everyday people/doctors are speaking out more. BB is an excellent forum, and there are other forums as well that people from all over the world can access via the Internet to become informed.

I was listening to a podcast last night, and it was mentioned that doctors are incredibly conservative, and it takes years for them to fully embrace evidence-based changes. This is unfortunate in terms of their dispensing-of-drugs practice. But I believe that they will be more likely to change quickly once it becomes clearly apparent to them that some of the drugs they're prescribing could impact their patients negatively for years to come or may actually be the cause of death. 

I was listening to a podcast last night, and it was mentioned that doctors are incredibly conservative, and it takes years for them to fully embrace evidence-based changes. This is unfortunate in terms of their dispensing-of-drugs practice. But I believe that they will be more likely to change quickly once it becomes clearly apparent to them that some of the drugs they're prescribing could impact their patients negatively for years to come or may actually be the cause of death.

Terry: I'm sure they will find a way to blame the deaths on other factors. As long as pharma makes money, they are not going away. My guess is that their next biggest money maker will be pot. They've already started to grow it in two states, with computers, scientists, yada yada. Of course they are now lobbying for fed law changes....

Psychiatrists have had such a bad reputation for so long they really need to find another, more uplifting, way to make a living.

Maybe the drug cartels need a few good men.

Hi Claudia

I have just contacted the cepuk.  They probably don't want more personal stories but I sent mine anyway! Just in one paragraph.  Not much to describe a whole lifetime of suffering.  >:(

Somebody, somewhere, apart from BB, might be interested.  You never know.

I am more optimistic about the future.  I never thought I would see the day when cigarette smoking would become unacceptable and now we are talking about the possibility of a smoke free society here in Scotland!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Despite the tobacco companies. And Beijing has banned smoking in public places.  :thumbsup:

There are many drivers of change.  Most developed societies just can't afford the rising costs of healthcare.  The more adverse effects of drugs that come to light the more policymakers will question the affordabiliy of all these drugs.  Not just the cost of the drugs themselves but the economic and social costs of all the adverse effects. The increasing longevity of the population is putting such pressure on health and public sevices, governments have to find ways to contain costs.  Big business can only hold power for so long.  The tables will turn, are turning.

It is true that doctors are very conservative and don't like changing their practice but as the evidence mounts they will.

One of my GPs said she NEVER prescribes benzos.  I don't know why or where she came to this decision.

It may take longer in the US but who knows when the tide will turn.

And I plan on living a long time yet.  ;D

LF  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Claudia

I have just contacted the cepuk.  They probably don't want more personal stories but I sent mine anyway! Just in one paragraph.  Not much to describe a whole lifetime of suffering.  >:(

Somebody, somewhere, apart from BB, might be interested.  You never know.

I am more optimistic about the future.  I never thought I would see the day when cigarette smoking would become unacceptable and now we are talking about the possibility of a smoke free society here in Scotland!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Despite the tobacco companies. And Beijing has banned smoking in public places.  :thumbsup:

There are many drivers of change.  Most developed societies just can't afford the rising costs of healthcare.  The more adverse effects of drugs that come to light the more policymakers will question the affordabiliy of all these drugs.  Not just the cost of the drugs themselves but the economic and social costs of all the adverse effects. The increasing longevity of the population is putting such pressure on health and public sevices, governments have to find ways to contain costs.  Big business can only hold power for so long.  The tables will turn, are turning.

It is true that doctors are very conservative and don't like changing their practice but as the evidence mounts they will.

One of my GPs said she NEVER prescribes benzos.  I don't know why or where she came to this decision.

It may take longer in the US but who knows when the tide will turn.

And I plan on living a long time yet.  ;D

LF  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi F, :smitten:

excellent idea to E-mail CepUk...., I'm sure they are interested in your

story. My comment how harmful Benzos are is listed, it shows up when

I google my full name.........entry on CepUk.

Lets just hope thing will change soon, as Ashton states in her E-mails ....

ITS A TRAGEDY.

LF: The US has also taken a strong stance on ciggies. They are not allowed in any buildings and mostly, if you want to smoke them you have to do so either on your property or in your car. There is also a kind a weird stance in a community where there is a large military base (I forgot which). You can drink alcohol in your own home or buy it at a store but it is illegal to transport it from the store to your home via your car or by walking. So how do you get it to your home???

LF: My pdoc does the same. Except for me and my need for meds for my taper, he just doesn't script them. Hasn't done so for 15 years. I asked him why and he said, I am not about to prescribe a drug that does so much damage. I have tapered far too many patients and saw first hand what they went through. There are other methods that can be used rather than a benzo." Good for him. :thumbsup:

Hi Claudia, Hi benzogirl

I am not sure if my message to cepuk was private or not.  Hadn't thought of it being made public but I don't mind if it is.  It was only a short para with the briefest of details.

Glad other GPs take the same view.

LF  :thumbsup:

LF and Claudia:

It's hard to search for your posts because I do not know your real, full  names....

I wanted to come and see you the other day Bets, but your door

is locked (PM). Left you a message on another thread but you seem

to be ''trotting'' around the Forum. :laugh:

Wonder if you will ever get there....hahaha :smitten:

LF and Claudia:

It's hard to search for your posts because I do not know your real, full  names....

I wanted to come and see you the other day Bets, but your door

is locked (PM). Left you a message on another thread but you seem

to be ''trotting'' around the Forum. :laugh:

Wonder if you will ever get there....hahaha :smitten:

Hi Claudia:

Which thread was it? I doubt I will find it on my own. Benzo brain. :D Yes, I've been trotting around. :laugh: But lately I've found this section to be the most interesting. The three of you guys seems to find the best stories. And I didn't mean to imply that I needed or wanted your name. Just that you posted that you could find your comments on that other site, and I was curious what that site was all about, as I have never logged into it. This is must do for me. Maybe I'll make a post there too. Yes, my door is closed. Sorry. :'(