Author Topic: "Body Scan" Meditation Link  (Read 28174 times)

[Buddie]

Re: "Body Scan" Meditation Link
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 01:08:50 am »
Fabulous, soothing voice. Thanks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:18 pm »
This is great, love it. Thanks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:45 pm »
Thank you for sharing this!  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 07:11:06 pm »
Here is another body scan link, this one from Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn:
http://youtu.be/SHVwkoQPPKc

blessings, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »
Well I have to thank [...] for her bodyscan link
Here is a body scan meditation link.... http://www.archive.org/details/MCullenBodyScanMeditation

I hadn't been on here in months and feeling Wayyyyyy desperate yesterday from no sleep I got on to see if there was anything. I found the link to the bodyscan and downloaded it. I used to meditate quite a bit years ago lol on cassette tapes. But now having to moved to the ipod non of my meditations work on it :( I had actually already been looking for something to put on my ipod. SO YAAAA so thankful to find one.

So last night I did my whole routine and so desperate and normally I listen to audio books at bedtime but decided to do the body scan. Its 30 mins long and guess what it worked. I fell asleep before it finished and woke at some point to take off my earbuds and had been deep enough to actually go back to sleep. Wahoooo I usually am so tense and my anxiety is so bad my whole body is tense and can never get to sleep.

Thanks so much I just copied my post I put in another post but wanted to thank you. Know of any other good meditaions I would love one w/ ocean waves doing a body scan or just relaxation meditation.

Peace on your journey to freedom
Tanya

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:54 pm »
Just noticed that the body scan meditation by Jon Kabat-Zinn has been removed from Utube...however, if you want to participate in many of his other Utube offerings, just Google his name.  blessings, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »
Gaiam has a really good DVD with a woman named Maritza.  I repeat her version often.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 12:53:21 pm »
the body scan read by McCullen doesn't really work on me- because after all these time, I started to know it by word and so I can't pay enough attention Do you have any other link with the same type of exercise? For me the McCullen body scan meditation was great, I felt immediately the result. I tried the other one mentioned above, tried the link doesn't wok, tried another one body scan by the same author on youtube and t was very lenghty and had the opposite effect. Don't know why. Any help on this? Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »
Hey [...], here is another one that I like http://www.mindfulnesscentre.com/Mal%20Huxter%20Body%20Scan.mp3 .  The narrator Mal Huxter has a cool Australian accent  :)

Good luck,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 02:31:36 am »
Just a quick question. Do you think it's possible for those with heavier physical symptoms to somatize their symptoms further through body scan or internal focus practices such as these?

I've always wondered if meditation in general can actually tune us to our inner dialogue and if not handled properly can make things worse.

I know that when I'm in the throes of withdrawal things seem to get worse after I try any form of meditation.