need help setting up ativan titration

[Hi...]

Can ativan be iterated? Or do you have to dry cut if you can please help me do this I'm on 2mg 3x a day so a total of 6mg but I think I need to dose 4 x a day I'm in bad tolerance withdrawal and I don't know how this works but I don't have a doctor yet still and I cantvwait any longer I'm pretty severely kindled and already in extreme withdrawal so I need to taper gently but I'm not sure hoy you do the titration I heard ativan don't work in milk and I don't know how to do the math or anything some one please help me set this up

Hi, Ativan can be titrated and there are several ways to liquify it.  There is a prescription liquid or you can get it compounded at a pharmacy that does that.  For homemade you can dissolve the pills in alcohol then add water to make 100ml.  There is a writeup of this method by SophiasNana if you find one of her posts it is in her signature.  She used it and is free now.  Another way that works for all benzos is to use Ora Plus suspending liquid.  This does not dissolve, but does a good job suspending and is used by pharmacies for this purpose.

Ok....  But how do you measure the amount I don't understand any of this how do you do the mat Highgate nev mind nobody is going to help me with this I need step by step instructions for my specific dose and how much to taper at a time and help setting up a taper schedule

Hip hop, sure someone will help you!

It sounds complicated maybe and you're probably not in a state to find out how and what right now?

Well, I deal with Valium myself so tonight I don't know off the batt how the ratio is for titrating Ativan but an example ( don't use this right now , it's an example ) is that you would liquefy a portion of one dose .

You will dissolve that portion in let's say 1 ml alcohol and then add 99 ml water.

That gives you 100 ml.

You then taper by , for example 0.002 mgr a day ( I took that from Sophiasnana schedule) .

You take that amount in ml and pull it out of your liquid with a syringe.

You toss that amount and drink the rest.

And the next day you do double of that , 0.004 mgr and take that out.

Next day 0.006, etc.

I'll be more than happy to find the right ratio for titrating Ativan and help you with a daily schedule if you like.

This was just to give you an idea.

Ok thanks sounds great there's gotta be a way where I can do my whole daily dose in one batch then split it up cuz I need to dose like 4 or 5x a day

Ok thanks sounds great there's gotta be a way where I can do my whole daily dose in one batch then split it up cuz I need to dose like 4 or 5x a day

We will find out.

I've asked around here and there and will get to the How To and by how much.

What you'd usualy do though is taper off of one dose only. You don't actually take liquid for all your doses. Just replace a small amount of one dose with liquid, reduce daily till it's gone and then move to thr next dose and reduce the same amount from there over the course of a few weeks, or however quick you're going.

Till all your doses are equal again. And then start it a new time with the dose you started with.

You'd take the rest in pills as usual.

Hope,this makes sense.

Ok....  But how do you measure the amount I don't understand any of this how do you do the mat Highgate nev mind nobody is going to help me with this I need step by step instructions for my specific dose and how much to taper at a time and help setting up a taper schedule

We can take you through it step by step if that is what it takes.  Not a problem.

I need some questions answered.  What is your dose?  What pill sizes?  How many doses per day?

Measurement is done with syringes.  Most liquify only part of the dose, but the whole dose can be done if you want.  It is just preference.

I have the two mg pills and I take it 3x a day but I'm thinking of switching to 1.5mg 4x a day so still a total of 6mg but I feel like dosing more often might help since ativan is so short and I'm in tolerance withdrawal

That works.  You could liquify just one 2mg pill and then snap the other two in half for 4x dosing.  Take 1/2 a 2mg pill (1mg) and 1/4 of your liquid (.5mg) every six hours.  Nice and even.

You could switch to 4x right now without liquid too if you wanted by breaking two pills in half and one pill into quarters and taking a half and a quarter every six hours.

We can take you through it step by step if that is what it takes.  Not a problem.

Just hang on buddy...you are going to get the help you need. Just keep asking questions like you are doing. I've seen you here before...you are fighter and you are going to whip this shit :thumbsup:

tryin'

[1b...]

Hi,

This isn't difficult to do:

- Get some 150-proof vodka.

- Pour a small amount (like 10ml) into a small cup.

- Dissolve all 3 of your 2mg pills in it

- Pour into a 1-liter measuring cup

- Fill with water so the measuring cup has 1 liter of mix in it. Stir.

- Pour the 1 liter into a pitcher and store in the refrigerator.

- To take 5 doses a day, for each dose:

- first shake up the pitcher in case the Ativan has precipitated out and settled to the bottom (it will do that since the mix is mostly water)

- then measure out 200 ml of your mix by pouring that amount back into the measuring cup, and then consume

Hope this helps,

Chessplayer

[aa...]

Hi,

This isn't difficult to do:

- Get some 150-proof vodka.

- Pour a small amount (like 10ml) into a small cup.

- Dissolve all 3 of your 2mg pills in it

- Pour into a 1-liter measuring cup

- Fill with water so the measuring cup has 1 liter of mix in it. Stir.

- Pour the 1 liter into a pitcher and store in the refrigerator.

- To take 5 doses a day, for each dose:

- first shake up the pitcher in case the Ativan has precipitated out and settled to the bottom (it will do that since the mix is mostly water)

- then measure out 200 ml of your mix by pouring that amount back into the measuring cup, and then consume

Hope this helps,

Chessplayer

Could this method be used to taper off other drugs like gabapentin and remeron?

[1b...]

I'm tapering Ativan, so I can only state with certainty that it works with that.

However, it seems like it should work with any drug that is soluble in alcohol. Many (but not all) are.

Chessplayer

Could this method be used to taper off other drugs like gabapentin and remeron?

I have read where others titrate Remeron. I'm taking that too, but I'm starting to pack on the weight, so I started looking into ways to come off. Saw on survivingantidepressants.org that some were doing it over there. Might be worth checking out. I don't know anything about gabapentin. I was just asking my shrink about it tonight though, as a possible replacement for the Remeron and he said it can cause memory issues while taking it. He said it can cause problems during the day if you are working.

[aa...]
Apparently gabapentin is soluble in water, so I may try that.  I have cut down from 2100 mg. to 500 mg. the last two days with no problems, but I know I should go slower. 

That's good...hope it works out for you. Having trouble with that and the remeron or just trying to break free from the meds?

[aa...]
Yes, definitely trying to break free from meds.  Remeron doesn't help me sleep anymore and caused weight gain.  Gabapentin also causes weight gain...it does help with anxiety and insomnia but I'd like to get to where I could just take it PRN.