Switching to liquid

[Ev...]

Hi everyone,

Could use some help. I would like to switch from dry cuts to liquid and taper from that.

Question is at what rate to I crossover. I am down to 3.75mg of ambien and finding it hard to cut, the pills are crumbling. I am currently dosing 3 times a day.

My plan is to dilute a 5 mg tab in 1ml vodka and add 49ml water to make a 50ml solution. I know not to make any cuts along the way until 1 to 2 weeks until I'm completely on the liquid.

Sorry, brain fog right now. Crossover rate?

Do you really need to crossover to liquid? I don't see why taking the same dose via liquid would be any different than taking it dry.

Of course the huge advantage of using liquid is that your dosing will be much more accurate than dealing with crumbling pills.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd just do a straight cutover to liquid and be done with pill splitting.

If i were you, I would do 99ml of water to make the measuring a little easier.  If you do that then you would draw out 25ml of the solution to be at your current dose of 3.75mg.  Then you could do liquid for a week or 2 then start reducing at a rate of 0.5ml a day or .025mg a day.  That would give you a 150 taper.  If you start there you can speed up or slow down based on how you feel. Make sense?

Note:  I dont know for sure if Ambien dissolves in alcohol.  If you know this please confirm it with me.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Do you really need to crossover to liquid? I don't see why taking the same dose via liquid would be any different than taking it dry.

Of course the huge advantage of using liquid is that your dosing will be much more accurate than dealing with crumbling pills.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd just do a straight cutover to liquid and be done with pill splitting.

For some reason, a lot of people seem to have a little issue with the crossover to liquid.  It is always smart to view this as a small cut just to be safe.  Personally, I held at full dose for 3 days with liquid and then started tapering.  I didn't have any issues.

Stay strong!

sharkey

If i were you, I would do 99ml of water to make the measuring a little easier.  If you do that then you would draw out 25ml of the solution to be at your current dose of 3.75mg.  Then you could do liquid for a week or 2 then start reducing at a rate of 0.5ml a day or .025mg a day.  That would give you a 150 taper.  If you start there you can speed up or slow down based on how you feel. Make sense?

Note:  I dont know for sure if Ambien dissolves in alcohol.  If you know this please confirm it with me.

Stay strong!

sharkey

http://www.rxlist.com/ambien-drug.htm

"Zolpidem tartrate is a white to off-white crystalline powder that is sparingly soluble in water, alcohol, and propylene glycol."

Looks like ambien is soluble in both water and alcohol.  "Sparingly soluble" is defined as 10-33mg/ml solubility, which is more than most of the benzos we deal with.  And if it is sparingly soluble in water I guess that means the alcohol is not needed.  It would be good to find another source or two to confirm this.

It does dissolve in water, just tried it, so won't need alcohol. Think I'll try switching 1 dose a day with liquid until all liquid in a couple of days, still dealing with a bit of the flu.

Thanks everyone for the response.

It does dissolve in water, just tried it, so won't need alcohol. Think I'll try switching 1 dose a day with liquid until all liquid in a couple of days, still dealing with a bit of the flu.

Thanks everyone for the response.

Just FYI...just because a substance de-constructs or disintegrates in water  (or any liquid) does NOT mean it dissolved.  Dissolving means it is uniformly distributed and stable.  Many substances that appear to dissolve are only breaking apart, or forming a suspension.

I'm not saying it doesn't really dissolve, only that you can't really tell from visual observation.