Why does doing regular chores etc. rev up symptoms?

Hello all,

I was just wondering, if others experience what I have noticed if I happen to get some energy and start moving around doing chores around the house, plus I was outside today and planted a (very) small garden to have a taste of some fresh veggies this summer. Now I'm really vibrating away here with the crawling sking and all of my other wonderful symptoms to boot, the physical ones. Mentally is good though, so what happens when we exert ourselves that makes something change to feel as though it's back to a c/t again?

Anyone relate? I sure do feel I could fall asleep in an instant though but am so darn revved up I'm not sure I can at this point, just so frustrating.

Thanks

skooter,

That happened to me a lot during my taper. Any kind of activity is going to raise your blood pressure, increase your heart rate, your mental activity, etc. This in turn kicks in your sympathetic nervous system, better known as "fight or flight". It can kick up symptoms again to a degree. This isn't a bad thing even though you may temporarily feel worse. I kind of thought of it as my body cleansing and rebalancing itself.

Good for you for getting out and doing all that good stuff! More than I did today!  ::)

Try to wind down by doing some deep slow breathing, meditation, etc. You'll be fine.  

really vibrating away here with the crawling sking and all of my other wonderful symptoms to boot, the physical ones. Mentally is good though, so what happens when we exert ourselves that makes something change to feel as though it's back to a c/t again?

Anyone relate? I sure do feel I could fall asleep in an instant though but am so darn revved up I'm not sure I can at this point, just so frustrating.

Thanks

The vibrating is terrible.  I stopped the klonopin Feb 8 and I still feel like I could give someone a massage just by leaning against them.  If I do ANYthing, it makes the vibrating worse.  I can't do anything to make me feel too good, or too bad.  Any neuro stress sets off the vibrating and the muscle cramps.  I've been to neurologists about this, before I knew it was from w/d.  They all want to prescribe Cymbalta, Lyrica and Neurontin.  No * way!  I think I really messed myself up bad by coming off all this stuff so fast.  But, I've been off the stuff since Feb and I don't want to go back on.  I thought the only danger with coming off this stuff too fast was seizure - I have never ever been so wrong about anything in my life!

Have you done hormone saliva testing to see if your hormones are out of whack?  I'm sure that is what started this whole mess for me decades ago. 

I get bad anxiety if I do more then a small clean. It's really taken a toll on my house  :( . I dont get real physical problems from it except the shaky/jittery feelings from anxiety.

This too will pass... My house is screaming "WHEN???!!!!"  :laugh:

Amanda  :smitten:

Just keep it clean enough so no one calls the heath, fire or police dept  --- or don't let anyone see inside, if you live alone!  Gotta set those priorities - sounds bad, but I'm serious.  Used to be I could safely eat off my floors, not a loose paper, un-filed bill, dirty dish to be seen.  I have said so many times these past few months that if I were not experiencing these things for myself, I'd never believe them - sad,  but true.  It is embarrassing and I know people do not understand.

No it never gets that bad!  I have a daughter and wouldnt let her live in a place that bad. But the rugs could use a good cleaning, my walls need to be scrubbed, I need to organize my book shelves, etc etc. I keep the basics good but it sure isnt what it used to be  :-[

Hoi skooter

I think it is great, you made yourselfe a small vegi-garden! That is a real good work. It soes connect us with the ground (flor, earth) witch i think we really need.

I do work in the garden of a friend sometimes and it does make me feel verry good. I do get into the work and forget all my symptoms by this. After a day working in the garden, I am verry tired but Iam proud of myselfe, that I was able to work a whole day. I grow some vegi-plants on my veranda as well. I watch them every day how they grow and I do see every new leave or fruitflower. It is a work witch is really giving sence and it is conecting me with live!

I am in the good situation, that my w/ds are not getting wors when a do work. Maybe you should do the work verry slowly, giving yourself every rest you need. But hold on to the garden work, you will have fun with the growing plants!!

Greets

Leon

Hi skooter,

Boy, I was having a pity party last night about not being able to exert myself without having w/d symptoms rev up.... SOB, hyperventilating, tight throat, debilitating fatigue, etc, etc, etc.  At least you are not alone, skooter.  I am over 9 months off Xanax.

Patty  xo

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I don't even know if my "garden" qualifies as a garden it's so small. I used to have humongous gardens to have all we needed to get through the winter. The one I did yesterday, a mere pitance of what I used to do. And by the time I managed to finish it I almost collapsed right then and there. I haven't even gone out yet and cleaned up the mess I made cleaning out that little spot that only seemed good enough for weeds.

Now the house is another story in itself. I to used to be that clean freak where you could eat off the floors. Now I'm lucky if I manage to cook supper, let alone clean up afterward. Stacks of papers everywhere, piles of junk that need to be purged along with the closets, drawers, cupboards and on and on and on. Man I hate this. I used to do it all, along with go out to pay bills, get groceries come home cook, take care of the kids and all that good stuff of being a mother and housewife. Now I can't even watch my grandaughter let along take care of myself :tickedoff:

It's one of them mood days continuously changing for sure. And to hear Patty say she's 9 months out just furthers that depression hanging around waiting to pounce. I guess I should stay away from the blogs today as all I seem to do  is be whining again, pffffffffftttt. Just wanna throw this crap away, but I know where I'll end up. I always said I should of been a monk!! :laugh::idiot:

Hey, skooter,

You may not have the decreased energy/fatigue at 9 months off.  I am so sensitive to meds and think I just got hit harder than alot of members.  We both know this will pass, right?  Today I am sitting in that stupid recliner and watching tv shows.  The weather here in PA is glorious and people are with friends and family members but here I sit.  Next year I will have a feast!!!!!

Patty  xoxoxoxo

Oh Dear Patty,

I'm glad your frame of mind is allowing you to think of what you'll be doing next year, which is great!! (although I'm sorry you can't be out there too)

The hard thing is when you're mind won't let you get in that frame of mind, and does the opposite to ya, and just nags and nags at you to be miserable and give you even worse thoughts, that's what I can't take :tickedoff:

If it helps ya, I'm in that chair too, and not paying attention to stupid tv I'm so tired of it all.

I've gotten to the point where these problems hit me while I'm mowing the lawn/exercising/gardening/anything active and I'm just ignoring it. I just talk myself out of it or let the symptoms take over until they subside.

Take the leg issues. I feel like I can't walk right - like my legs are going to give out. They feel like they always need to move and I can always feel these sensations in my calves. Yet I don't care. I walk, I run, I kick - all to prove that hey, I can walk, I can kick, I can run. Sure, I get fatigued easier (also due to lack of sleep from Gabe), but I came to the conclusion that I was letting these symptoms rule me and that's a no-no.

Fuck these symptoms. That's my new motto. :)

I'm real glad you're able to do this Petey.

I was doing a lot yesterday, as the s/x's were rising and the fatigue was getting worse and worse, I got so dizzy I almost passed out before I could finish that little patch of garden I did. I kept resting inbetween, and everytime I'd get up, my legs would almost give out. I had to tell hubby to keep coming to the window incase I did pass out it was so bad, but I didn't let that fear take over at least and was proud I had finished it. ROFL if you saw the size I'm sure you'd be scratching your head lol. But I had also done lots of laundry which also got finished too and a few other things. Now for me that's a whole days work, wheewwwww. If I think how much I used to do in a day, that's when it bothers me big time so have to just do what I can each day. Boy did I pay for it today tho :tickedoff:

Hi Skooter,

I can tell you that I am just letting it all go. I do the very basics. Since I started this process in Februray, it is just the basics. As long as I get my clothes washed for the workweek I feel successful. I am just letting it all go and making rest and taking relaxtion my top priority. I decided that for this period of time, I have to come first.

Hang in there!!!!!!

Thanks Opt,

I'm trying so hard, it's been so rough. I have no idea how people are able to work going through this process, I'd probably be put in the psych ward from the stress alone, as my stress level is very high right now and I don't have to work. I'm glad you're hanging in there and are taking care of you :smitten:

Yes. Whenever I play with my daughter outside, anything too physical and I feel like my arms are weighted down, can't breathe... vertigo. etc.

But there is hope because it's not happening every single time I do something physical. I hope it gets better for you ..... do not give up hope.

I think I could somewhat work past the fatigue by pushing myself (I think) but any activity, during a wave, causes a tight throat, SOB, hyperventilation and gasping for air.  Darn, I wish that would go away......yet, I know it will soon.

Patty  xo

Hi All  I know what you mean when you say that housework or anything physical really knocks you out, its so annoying, part of you wants to do all these things and yet your body is screaming NOooooooo, and when you do do something you have to suffer from it, so it puts you off doing anything, my councellor used to say do some walking etc, but by the time Ive done abit of housework, I need a rest. I do look after my grandson 2 and a half days a week, and so have to push myself, I really look forward to our nap time and  I also go to my mums on a Thursday, I have to take her shopping and do a little bit of housework but she tells me to sit down, thank goodness, but theres a lot that needs doing at her house and mine. Oh well definitely next year, I hope to be my old self, but Ive forgotten what my old self was . Luv Pauline :laugh: