Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hello MT group. Looking for similar stories where you had to slow your daily rate once you got lower in the taper. My rate got away from me to about 13% at 2mg and it is unbearable. Thinking of slowing to about 5% a month or so. Anyone car  to share a similar experience?

This link shows step by step how to use a dry or liquid taper generator

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator

You would want to use this tool to generate a curve that tappers a constant percentage all the way to your jump.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/direct/directForm.php

This is what the curve looks like.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TimqNpPLtIKuj5SU5uFvMXah-twOQoYW

Please feel free to ask any questions. Godspeed.

This is all really great info. Just to be sure I have it correct on your curve you have it set for 6% of each new dose and it calculates it all the way down?

Yes exactly right, it’s a game changer!

I still don’t really compute my brain is overwhelmed but I will have my husband look at this. I appreciate it so much. How did you decided on 6% every two weeks? By my record I was good around 7.5-9% a month but much over that I became non functional. I did try to slow to 6% once when I was at about 9 and it made me worse. The meds give me a toxic sick stimulating effect so I can’t go to slow either. Do you just pick a rate for two weeks do it and see how you feel then adjust up or down? Thank you for sharing your experience.

Maybe consider doing a symptoms-based taper. I was doing tiny doses when I got low, so I did a little basic math along the way, but the real judge was symptoms. That revolutionized my taper. It was a brutal taper until I started basing everything on the symptoms. You'll get there any way you choose best!!

Hi Ultra-

What is you method for symptoms based taper? Do you pick a daily rate and not percentage and then lower the daily rate if you have more symptoms? How often are you changing the rate? Thanks!

I was ridiculously mega sensitive to practically any cut along the way, but even more so at the "lower" doses. I started at 6mg/day klonopin. I never did more than 2-3% monthly cuts during the whole journey. I would set those numbers up each month, but rarely did I follow them. If my cuts caused sx, then I just held as long as needed to calm down a bit and then get going again. After several weeks or a month I would recalculate my numbers again just so I was always determining percentages based on my current numbers (if that makes sense). I was having to work full-time throughout the entire ride (plus some surgeries and other life stressors), so increased sx seemed to always be an issue. The finish line got closer and closer with each passing month, so I just tried to keep that in mind. Hang in there!!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello MT group. Looking for similar stories where you had to slow your daily rate once you got lower in the taper. My rate got away from me to about 13% at 2mg and it is unbearable. Thinking of slowing to about 5% a month or so. Anyone car  to share a similar experience?

You would want to use this tool to generate a curve that tappers a constant percentage all the way to your jump.

This is all really great info. Just to be sure I have it correct on your curve you have it set for 6% of each new dose and it calculates it all the way down?

I still don’t really compute my brain is overwhelmed but I will have my husband look at this. I appreciate it so much. How did you decided on 6% every two weeks? By my record I was good around 7.5-9% a month but much over that I became non functional. I did try to slow to 6% once when I was at about 9 and it made me worse. The meds give me a toxic sick stimulating effect so I can’t go to slow either. Do you just pick a rate for two weeks do it and see how you feel then adjust up or down? Thank you for sharing your experience.

Maybe consider doing a symptoms-based taper. I was doing tiny doses when I got low, so I did a little basic math along the way, but the real judge was symptoms. That revolutionized my taper. It was a brutal taper until I started basing everything on the symptoms. You'll get there any way you choose best!!

Hi Ultra-

What is you method for symptoms based taper? Do you pick a daily rate and not percentage and then lower the daily rate if you have more symptoms? How often are you changing the rate? Thanks!

I was ridiculously mega sensitive to practically any cut along the way, but even more so at the "lower" doses. I started at 6mg/day klonopin. I never did more than 2-3% monthly cuts during the whole journey. I would set those numbers up each month, but rarely did I follow them. If my cuts caused sx, then I just held as long as needed to calm down a bit and then get going again. After several weeks or a month I would recalculate my numbers again just so I was always determining percentages based on my current numbers (if that makes sense). I was having to work full-time throughout the entire ride (plus some surgeries and other life stressors), so increased sx seemed to always be an issue. The finish line got closer and closer with each passing month, so I just tried to keep that in mind. Hang in there!!

Thank you for sharing Ultra! I may be in the same slow boat.

I have learned so much from this thread. Thank you everyone. I see after you all posted the conversion chart my big mistake was working off a daily set rate and not adjusting the % each month as I went down. The cuts became to big in these smaller doses.

I have been reading a lot of SG's posts on here and found them super helpful. I had tried a rescue dose and a small dose correct/increase both which gave me a stimulated effect which is scary. I have been holding but am becoming sicker by the day. Because of tolerance and paradoxically reaction I have always felt better tapering and was sick on the drug very shortly after starting it. I do have a very sensitized nervous system and would like to keep slowly cutting using the % adjust each month for my new dose the way the conversion chart shows and what SG talks about. I am trying to find a safe starting point now. I am very toxic sick and lots of adrenaline since my small increase. Before the increase I had noticed that as the numbers got further past 9% I became non functional bed bound. Not stimulated like the up dose but just did not have the physical energy to lift my head. Now I am stuck in bed feeling revved up and don't have the energy to lift my head either. Holding makes me so sick. It's been 2.5 weeks and I am ready to go again. What is a good way to find a starting point. I don't want to remove to much because then I can't move and if I remove to little then I am stuck with so much adrenaline/ stimulating effect. How do you get started with a happy medium?

I have faith I will find the sweet spot and pull out of this as whenever I have held and started cuting  again it has always helped so much but I am aware that my daily rate and not adjusted for monthly % has come back to bite me. How do I start again without letting that happen?

Is SG still around on these threads?

Hi Ultra-

Thank you for sharing Ultra! I may be in the same slow boat.

I have learned so much from this thread. Thank you everyone. I see after you all posted the conversion chart my big mistake was working off a daily set rate and not adjusting the % each month as I went down. The cuts became to big in these smaller doses.

I have been reading a lot of SG's posts on here and found them super helpful. I had tried a rescue dose and a small dose correct/increase both which gave me a stimulated effect which is scary. I have been holding but am becoming sicker by the day. Because of tolerance and paradoxically reaction I have always felt better tapering and was sick on the drug very shortly after starting it. I do have a very sensitized nervous system and would like to keep slowly cutting using the % adjust each month for my new dose the way the conversion chart shows and what SG talks about. I am trying to find a safe starting point now. I am very toxic sick and lots of adrenaline since my small increase. Before the increase I had noticed that as the numbers got further past 9% I became non functional bed bound. Not stimulated like the up dose but just did not have the physical energy to lift my head. Now I am stuck in bed feeling revved up and don't have the energy to lift my head either. Holding makes me so sick. It's been 2.5 weeks and I am ready to go again. What is a good way to find a starting point. I don't want to remove to much because then I can't move and if I remove to little then I am stuck with so much adrenaline/ stimulating effect. How do you get started with a happy medium?

I have faith I will find the sweet spot and pull out of this as whenever I have held and started cuting  again it has always helped so much but I am aware that my daily rate and not adjusted for monthly % has come back to bite me. How do I start again without letting that happen?

Is SG still around on these threads?

Actually, this is a great thread for asking about a daily micro taper. That's how this whole thread got started and worked wonders for years for so many. Unfortunately, SG is no longer on the thread. He and I became friends off the thread and stay in touch, but he just had his fill with the thread since he was so good (great, actually) at the x's and o's of daily micro tapering. He's an engineer by trade, so he was really into the details of what it takes to taper successfully. I'd suggest that you reach out for someone named Bob7 here on BB's. Just search until you locate him or maybe send a personal message. He's friendly and also great with advice. I'm sure he'd be happy to help with your starting dose to get going again. It's kind of a personal thing, so maybe think back to a dose size where you felt half way "decent" and start there, just be conservative. I'm sure Bob could jump in. Anyway, my best to you!!!

Following this thread.

I’ve been methodically tapering (cut and hold) for over three years now but the 5-10% cuts are getting too difficult now. Looking to try a micro daily taper. I’ve been at this for so long and need a better strategy for the final lap.

Am viewing this thread from my phone so will read and add more once I can get to my computer.

Praying this helps!

Lori

Congratulations on your progress so far.  I do think micro tapering helps in the lower numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think there is a certain amount of people that do t stablize holding g and need to just slow their rate? It’s been a month. Some things are better some things are way worse. When do you decide to keep going? I was tolerant in a few weeks in this medication had an immediate cold turkey then reinstatement where I waited a year snd a half to try snd get stable before tapering. The major scary mental symptoms improved during that time but physically diss led and In bed in tolerance never improved until DMT. Now have hit a wall in the lower numbers as my set daily rate got higher.

Can someone help me. Tapering larazepam. Very hard to taper. So I’ve been make cuts every 4 to 5 days .00167. Using compound capsules. Symptoms can be brutal. My worst symptom is anxiety. The rest are more mild. Sleeping still 6 to 7 hours with melatonin help. Not functional outside of home. Agoraphobia. Am I cutting too fast.

Every second day I have a bad day. My taper is never different. I follow a pattern. I held two over two weeks and still had a brutal day sometimes. Can’t cut any smaller

Tulip

Can someone help me. Tapering larazepam. Very hard to taper. So I’ve been make cuts every 4 to 5 days .00167. Using compound capsules. Symptoms can be brutal. My worst symptom is anxiety. The rest are more mild. Sleeping still 6 to 7 hours with melatonin help. Not functional outside of home. Agoraphobia. Am I cutting too fast.

Every second day I have a bad day. My taper is never different. I follow a pattern. I held two over two weeks and still had a brutal day sometimes. Can’t cut any smaller

Tulip

This is a question you can only ask yourself if your cutting too fast.  I like the saying I've heard around here " heal faster then you cut". Your at a very low dose so even know your cuts are very small they have a big impact. If you you want to function better then slow down. Your body is telling all you need to know and you have a clear pattern that probably not going to change. If I were you I would hold till I got to a functional point and take smaller cut. It's best not to put time limits on our tapering. Lack of patience is our biggest enemy.

I held before for two weeks and found that taking the medication made me feel sick. And the only symptoms that got better were the mental bone physical ones don’t  I usually get one good day and one bad day. Weird pattern. Can’t break it. I thought people that micro cut can do cuts daily I can’t

Tulip

I would have to see if a compound pharmacy could make me liquid. So I’m tapering .00167 every 5 days 2.5 percent twice a week under 5 percent. But that makes a difference because of the drops in cuts. 

Is tapering to 0 make a difference at the end of taper?

I would have to see if a compound pharmacy could make me liquid. So I’m tapering .00167 every 5 days 2.5 percent twice a week under 5 percent. But that makes a difference because of the drops in cuts. 

Is tapering to 0 make a difference at the end of taper?

It's easy to make the solution out of your own pills. With 2 ml vodka and 5 ml water making a .125mg to 1 ml solution. The advantage to doing daily cuts is walking down the stairs rather then jumping af the balcony.

Your other question regarding tapering to zero is hard to answer because every one is different. The typical jump for Larezapam is .050. Some say it's phycological if you go to zero, I personally like the idea of going to zero for piece of mind that I did it and elevated any risks. There's no gaurantee you will be completely healed at the end of your taper.

If your not getting stable we're your currently at then yes taper to zero.

Thanks. Have you ever heard Of anyone that has one good day one bad day during taper.?  My bad days can be brutal with strong withdrawals feeling like anxiety.  So difficult.  Noticed past week bad day is a tiny bit more better. Still hard. Hoping it will lessen as I go down.

I know I’ll still have symptoms all the way to zero but I think jumping it’s a bigger drop than going to zero and will have more symptoms jumping from .05 as opposed to going to zero

Tulip 🌷

I read a lot of buddies don't get any windows, but s/x get less and less after there taper. Similar to what your experiencing your slight improvement the closer to the end, so you should see a steady improvement from now on. I pray.

Sound like its best if you taper to zero.   

I will taper to 0. Today I’m having a good day. Slight depression burning skin. I still sleep an average of 6 to 7 hours a night. If I can’t sleep because of symptoms melatonin helps. So you think it’s possible for my symptoms to lessen.?  I already seen a bit of difference. May when I get to .03 I’ll feel better. So if I don’t decide to go with liquid taper I will continue to make cuts of .00167 capsules from compound pharmacy. That is the lowest they can go in capsules. 

There’s no guarantee, but sounds like you have a stable trend at a very low dose. This should continue and have hope and patience.

I hope to be as stable as you with symptoms when I get as low as you are. Insomnia is making tapering very difficult for me, at this rate it will be 5 years for me to be we’re your at. So understand your doing very very well!

Thanks for telling me this. I was on larazepam for only a year before I started to taper. Does being on the medication for many years take longer to heal.?  How long were you on your benzos ?  My dosages cuts are very accurate so maybe that helps too. I’ve been tapering since March 2021 and at first t tapered too fast so I slowed it right down when I got to .3 larazepam. I’m functional at home but I don’t go out because I have agoraphobia. During summer I was going out a bit.  Now I can’t at the lower doses.  If I didn’t have the brutal anxiety days my taper would be more tolerable. Every second day my symptoms are mild.

Hope you feel better too

Tulip 🌷

Hi, Is anyone doing a water taper and working?  I was dry microcutting using a scale.  I then tried the water taper and I love it.  I've been water tapering part of my evening dose but now I need to switch to water tapering part of my morning dose.  However, I'm at work.  I do have access to a private bathroom.  I'm just worried about my jar leaking...getting caught...having to leave a meeting to go dose.  Ug.  With just the pills, I could quickly just pop them with no one looking. Any thoughts or advice.  TG

Hi all,

Anyone else here doing an Ativan DMT taper? How's it going for you? Planning to go REAL SLOW on my own taper and hopefully avoid major W/D symptoms. Hoping to walk off without too much difficulty at the end and without wrecking further havoc on my CNS. Am currently trying to stabilize at 0.25 mg after being rapid tapered too quickly by psychiatrist from 1 mg back in July. Biggest issue right now is terrible insomnia. Like 1-2 hours per night.  :( Was hoping to have sleep back on track before starting DMT taper of 5% every 14 days. Anyone else in the same boat?

Would love to find some others who are tapering Ativan also to share our stories, tips, dosing schedules, etc. I think we can all use as much support as we can get! And it would make the road ahead less lonely.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Better and brighter days are indeed ahead!!! :thumbsup:

Hi. I’m doing an larazepam taper and my method is using capsules from compound pharmacy. I tapered Ed too fast at first but slowed my taper down when I got to .3. I’m at .061 now and I tapering .0016 cuts everyb4 to 5 days. So far the only hard thing about my taper is that every second day my withdrawals are horrible. My taper I one good day one bad day. Mine follows a pattern. I never stabilize but on my good days I hardly feel any symptoms. Weird.

🌷

Thanks for telling me this. I was on larazepam for only a year before I started to taper. Does being on the medication for many years take longer to heal.?  How long were you on your benzos ?  My dosages cuts are very accurate so maybe that helps too. I’ve been tapering since March 2021 and at first t tapered too fast so I slowed it right down when I got to .3 larazepam. I’m functional at home but I don’t go out because I have agoraphobia. During summer I was going out a bit.  Now I can’t at the lower doses.  If I didn’t have the brutal anxiety days my taper would be more tolerable. Every second day my symptoms are mild.

Hope you feel better too

Tulip 🌷

I've been on Klonopin for about 20 years and a short time with Xanax before that. The problem is the duration of time combined with a variation in my doseage. Then two years ago I took a supplement that had Taurine and this down regulates gaba a reptors. Now I'm struggling to find a slow enough taper rate that will allow me to heal faster then the taper.

You will get through this stay hopeful, learn acceptance and lots of distractions.

Godspeed.

Can anyone tell me if you dry micro cut larazepam at low doses under .05 what would be the amount you can do if it’s a daily cut or every few days.

Tulip 🌷