Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Staunch, go to Home Page and scroll slowly down the page, read and you will see taper plans, and Titration will be one of them.  Good luck !!    :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I forgot they buried it in their site makeover.

Or you can click here:

Titration Board

Mary, would staunch get help on dissolving Valium in the Valium Support group? I think just getting it dissolved correctly is what staunch needs to do first. Water alone will not dissolve it.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My Neurologist mentioned doing 5mg Valium tab in 50Ml of water which would equate to 1mg per 10ml and 0.1mg per 1ml of water is this correct?

Thanks

For what it's worth, this math looks right. What I'm concerned about is using only water. If you use water, you are creating a very poor suspension, not a solution. With suspensions, the particles settle out again after you mix up your liquid. However, a water taper can be done. Use a jar with a tight lid, shake up and down for a few seconds, make sure the water is not swirling around in a vortex, quickly remove the lid and pull your dose with an oral syringe. Quickly is very important because the Valium will start to settle as soon as you stop shaking the jar.

If you create a solution by first dissolving the Valium in a small amount of alcohol (such as 80 proof vodka), then adding water to equal a total of 50ml of liquid, the Valium will not settle. You will have created a solution. The Valium will be dissolved and will not settle out under normal circumstances.

There is some controversy about how long the Valium stays stable in the solution. Some people say a week or more. Some people say a few days max. You might ask about that in the Valium support group.

I have been where you are and got through it. You will, too. You can do this!

P.S. Oops, I used capsules, so I did not include soaking the tablet to disintegrate it. You first need to soak a tablet in a small amount of liquid until it disintegrates. Different brands are probably different in how long that takes. Then add more liquid to equal a total of 50ml. Whatever method you use, just make sure your total liquid is 50 ml.

Staunch, go to Home Page and scroll slowly down the page, read and you will see taper plans, and Titration will be one of them.  Good luck !!    :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I forgot they buried it in their site makeover.

Or you can click here:

Titration Board

Mary, would staunch get help on dissolving Valium in the Valium Support group? I think just getting it dissolved correctly is what staunch needs to do first. Water alone will not dissolve it.

I think titration is better, but sure he can ask on Valium support group.  ;)

Is there anyone that’s good with math/tapering schedules? At tail end of my taper and having some problems cognitively working some things out. I’ve been dry cutting a very long time and just need some advice with someone that’s not as fried and can give me some clarity with some of this. I’m down to 0.16mg which I know is incredibly low. Due to unforeseen circumstances I no longer have access to the scale my father was using and he’s in hospital. Can anyone recommend an easy way to cross to LT that’s relatively easy on cognition?

My Neurologist mentioned doing 5mg Valium tab in 50Ml of water which would equate to 1mg per 10ml and 0.1mg per 1ml of water is this correct?

Would appreciate any help with this, my withdrawal has been so acute I can barely function to orchestrate this.

Thanks

Gardie already brought up that water and Valium will not create a solution, so I won’t reiterate that part, but there’s something else to consider with the vodka/propylene glycol titration method. Here we go: The idea with the vodka method is the alcohol dissolves the benzo, the problem is when you dilute it we don’t know for sure if the benzo stays in solution or precipitates out (which would make this method a suspension method instead of a true solution). That being said, shaking the mixture before drawing *should* help mitigate this problem. You will still want to draw your dose quickly, but the concern about it falling out of suspension I believe is less. Now for the nitty gritty...

You will need 2 ml of solvent (vodka) per 1 mg benzo to dissolve it. So for a 5 mg tablet, you will need 10 ml vodka. Then you will add 40 ml water to create a 1 mg per 10 ml mixture. The beauty of this ratio is that you can easily measure your dose. You said that you are at .16 mg Valium, so you would multiply .16 by 10 to get how many ml you need to draw in your syringe.

.16 mg x 10 = 1.6 ml

You’ll need 1 ml oral syringes, these can be purchased from Amazon (I like the care touch brand, personally, they have marks for every .02 ml making precise measurements easier). A 10 ml glass graduated cylinder will make preparing your solution a bit quicker as well (I use Pyrex brand).

Make sure you have an air tight, clean GLASS jar to make your mixture in (baby food jar, etc).

For taking your dose you’ll draw up 1 ml of mixture, drink that and then draw up .6 ml and drink that. Depending only how slowly you want to reduce, you will gradually draw up less and less until you reach 0 ml.

I think this covers it. I hope it helps and if I’ve made a mistake somewhere someone will chime in.

Anyone know the math for microtaper of 1.5mg Valium? Xx how much water/milk ect?

Did you see what kitsune suggested a few posts back? If you want water or milk, I'd say use full fat, homogenized milk. Put 5mg tablet into 50ml of milk. Then 1ml of milk = .1mg of Valium.

Make sure your total reduction is not more than 10% of your current dose per month. Maybe kitsune can come in and do the math on that. I used an odd way of figuring. It worked but it's hard to explain.

Hi gardener, yes Thanku I just guess I’ll have to try and do the math on my dosage.  :-\

I can try but you are risking my messing it up! I'm doing a very aggressive gabapentin taper right now so my brain kind of blinks off and on.

If you want me to give it a go, I need to know your current dose. I've seen you post different numbers, so I'm not sure where you are at.

Shayna if you follow the method I posted above with the 1:10 concentration mixture, you would multiply your dose by 10 to get the amount of liquid you need to draw up. In your case that would be 15 ml.

I’m just talking about 1.5 mg Valium. Would be great if u think I might know dosage! Understand if ur not up to math tho x

I see you found the titration board! :thumbsup: And that they recommend the Rx liquid. If you can get that, that is the way to go. I suggest you look into the RX liquid and then keep posting on your thread on titration. You will get more help there. This support group is not very active any more.

I emailed the company that makes liquid Diazepam  that's used in UK asking about solvents and here's their reply :

Please see below response to your query as to the solvents use in the the following product:

Product Name: DIAZEPAM 2mg/5ml ORAL SOLUTION SUGAR FREE

Product Licence Number: PL 0142/0103

The Matrix for this product comprises Water, Glycerol, Liquid Sorbitol, and Propylene Glycol.

So I'm going to try the PG (  Propylene Glycol) with water as that seems to be the more  popular one on the web regarding Diazepam solvents, its also used in injectable Diazepam as a solvent  along with a very small %  of PEG (polyethylene glycol)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I emailed the company that makes liquid Diazepam  that's used in UK asking about solvents and here's their reply :

Please see below response to your query as to the solvents use in the the following product:

The Matrix for this product comprises Water, Glycerol, Liquid Sorbitol, and Propylene Glycol.

So I'm going to try the PG (  Propylene Glycol) with water as that seems to be the more  popular one on the web regarding Diazepam solvents, its also used in injectable Diazepam as a solvent  along with a very small %  of PEG (polyethylene glycol)

I hope the PG works well for you! The stuff I bought tasted awful, but I feel like it didn’t bother my stomach as much as the vodka did.

I hope the PG works well for you! The stuff I bought tasted awful, but I feel like it didn’t bother my stomach as much as the vodka did.

Hi Kits  :hug: There's a guy Called Crash Bandicoot that used to add Glycerine to his simply to make the taste better here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154392.0

And they use it in the Diazepam liquid if you look at it  :) How much PG, and how much water  were you using kits? I'm thinking of adding a bit of glycerine if it taste  like hell, is it really that bad to taste?

Nova  xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks so much I think I get it, seems a bit overwhelming at first but I guess I’ll get the hang of it x

Yes, it does sound overwhelming at first! And our brains don't learn well in withdrawal. But you all get the hang of it.

I hope you are able to get the liquid Rx. But, if not, it is still possible to mix up your own liquid. I suggest you hold where you are until you get your plan in place. :thumbsup:

Hi Kits  :hug: There's a guy Called Crash Bandicoot that used to add Glycerine to his simply to make the taste better here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154392.0

And they use it in the Diazepam liquid if you look at it  :) How much PG, and how much water  were you using kits? I'm thinking of adding a bit of glycerine if it taste  like hell, is it really that bad to taste?

Nova  xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It’s just a sickeningly sweet taste. I used PG in The same ratio that I used vodka, so 2 ml PG per 1 mg benzo then add 8 ml water. Yep, the prescription liquid uses PG as well, it also doesn’t taste great, but better than the homebrew. 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember now but regarding PG do you let the pill whole  soak for a bit in PG  then add water? If  so how long?

• 3 weeks later...

Day 3 of DMLT.

first 2 days using water

today using vodka

i am going super slowly, .5mg dissolved in 300 ml of liquid, titrating 1 ml a day or every couple of days.

still not sure if i am doing it right, in terms of the suspension. seems awfully chalky with bits that swirl and settle. I know this is an ongoing topic of discussion and i guess this is really experimental, but i'd like to get the distribution as even as possible...

how long should i leave the pill to break down in:

water

vodka

?

i swirl/stir as i suck out the discard, taking it from the middle of the jar, and more than i need then squirt out some mls back into the jar until i have the 1ml i need to discard.

any thoughts/tips?

thanks! appreciated :)

sC

Oh yes, any opinions on crushing pre-putting it in liquid?

thought i'd go buy a pill crusher.

not sure it makes any difference, but be good to hear thoughts on that.

Thanks! :)

sC

• 2 months later...

Hi

No one has posted in a while so I hope you all are doing well. I am curious about the daily taper rate. I am two years into my taper always the same rate lowering .011mg a day. Since my dose is much smaller the percentage is getting higher. Do people tapering daily usually lower the daily rate as they get closer to the end? I am at 3.7mg today.

Thanks guys!

Jen

Jen, I’ve seen people do it both ways... decreasing the taper amount as they get lower and others keeping it steady. It really depends on how you’re doing in your taper. I fluctuate between 5-10% a month. It’s really comes down to what works best for you.

• 2 weeks later...
I was doing the traditional cut and hold and now I'm doing a daily dry cut microtaper from Diazapam.  So, far I feel like it's easier on my system.