Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi, I’ve been liquid micro tapering using Jim Hawks data chart for about a year. Today I’m at 0.4989 mg of diazepam and could technically jump but I am freaking out about the symptoms I could incur if I jump at this dose. Would it be safer to drop 1/2 or 1/4 of my dose for a few weeks to see how my body reacts? Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :D

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I’ve been liquid micro tapering using Jim Hawks data chart for about a year. Today I’m at 0.4989 mg of diazepam and could technically jump but I am freaking out about the symptoms I could incur if I jump at this dose. Would it be safer to drop 1/2 or 1/4 of my dose for a few weeks to see how my body reacts? Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lan, it really depends on how you are doing now......how are your symptoms now?  If you are having an easy time of it, jumping now might be okay, if you are having symptoms, I would definitely wait until I got lower.  If you are good at 1/4, you can jump then or you can just take your time and go to zero.  Give your brain and central nervous a good amount of time to stabilize.    Good luck!!

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼.    🙋🏼😘🙏😷

I jumped at .48 mg after a relatively easy taper last October and it wasn’t great for me. I would encourage you to go lower and listen to what your body and brain are telling you.

I agree with the others...if you a little unsure at this point, then drop a little lower, listen to your gut feelings, and decided then what to do next. It doesn't seem harmful to cut a bit more. I think you'll "know" when it's time to let go.

On you go!

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone point me to a daily micro taper chart? I'm considering doing this but I don't know where to find one. Thanks

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php  Maybe you can copy and paste this and see if it leads to something that may help.

Jeff

I made a spreadsheet and I just want to make sure I am doing the math right. What I did was  take the 5% cut I would make for a month and divide it by 24 days which was how long I would have held if I did a cut and hold. That gave me .0001 reduction daily. And then I do that for 48 days as the cut amount would not change until then. Then I recalculate to keep the cuts from getting higher than my body can handle. Or I could keep it at that if I have found that I'm doing fine and I don't have any issue.

deepcanyon,

I'm sorry you had to hold for a while but I have to admit, it makes me feel a little better because I did the same. I had tapered down from 3mg of Klonopin to .5 mg and it was a slow cut and hold. I stopped at .5 because I needed a break. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life those years as well which I don't think would have been manageable had I not taken a break. I think it took me around three or four years to get as far as I did. Now I'm getting ready to start again. I broke my leg on monday and so I'm on the fence about starting now or when my leg is healed. But I totally get where you are coming from. On one hand I would have liked to have not stopped because I'd be closer to being off it, but really, when I ponder it, I think taking a break from the taper was far better for me. I don't truly regret it. I stabilized so much that I don't have any symptoms on most days. I feel pretty good most of the time. During my taper, I really did not, but I was doing cut and hold then and only around 4% a month. Now I'm going to try daily micro because I think that might work much better for me in that it will be smoother I think.

How do I determine the rate I should go with my DMT? Years ago I started at 7%, too much, ultimately stabilized around 5.1% then over time had to lower it which I think was more related to a build of symptoms and stress and a desire to no longer deal with that than at that point. That was probably a few years in.

I'm starting at .5mg K which I've held at since 2017. I feel quite good  now and sleep well with a melatonin. I feel like I could start at 5% safely, so would that be recommended? I also had an approximate 24 day cycle where from the point of  the cut to when I felt the uptick abated was usually 24 days or so. Should I calculate that into my taper?

My thinking is that given it might take a few weeks for me to feel if it's too much, I wonder how best to calculate it so that I'm not going absurdly slow if I could go a little faster. I also know that cut and holds hit harder and most people fare much better on DMT and even can go a little faster. So I'm trying to take that into consideration.

Also, do you find that with DMT you do have more control over your symptoms, that you can keep them rather low? My goal this time is to not have it be as rough as it was last time.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

How do I determine the rate I should go with my DMT? Years ago I started at 7%, too much, ultimately stabilized around 5.1% then over time had to lower it which I think was more related to a build of symptoms and stress and a desire to no longer deal with that than at that point. That was probably a few years in.

I'm starting at .5mg K which I've held at since 2017. I feel quite good  now and sleep well with a melatonin. I feel like I could start at 5% safely, so would that be recommended? I also had an approximate 24 day cycle where from the point of  the cut to when I felt the uptick abated was usually 24 days or so. Should I calculate that into my taper?

My thinking is that given it might take a few weeks for me to feel if it's too much, I wonder how best to calculate it so that I'm not going absurdly slow if I could go a little faster. I also know that cut and holds hit harder and most people fare much better on DMT and even can go a little faster. So I'm trying to take that into consideration.

Also, do you find that with DMT you do have more control over your symptoms, that you can keep them rather low? My goal this time is to not have it be as rough as it was last time.

I think it is best to start low and go slow. If you feel good at that rate, increase a little and see how you feel. If you hit a rough patch or notice an uptick in symptoms you know you’ve reached your comfortable maximum taper rate.

I think it is best to start low and go slow. If you feel good at that rate, increase a little and see how you feel. If you hit a rough patch or notice an uptick in symptoms you know you’ve reached your comfortable maximum taper rate.

Otherwise known as CMTR :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Kitsune and Mary. I know you are right. When I tapered before I ended up slowing it down over the years just to feel better and function better. The last two years were so much better than the first two, minus hitting menopause full blown in 2016.

Thanks Kitsune and Mary. I know you are right. When I tapered before I ended up slowing it down over the years just to feel better and function better. The last two years were so much better than the first two, minus hitting menopause full blown in 2016.

Does it get better after menopause?

Does it get better after menopause?

Afraid not its a scientific and  medically known fact  its a LOT harder, than anyone else regardless of age or sex for post menopausal women of which myself am one  :(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Guys  :hug: How many of you used PLAIN WATER to do a DLMT successfully as I know quite q few people do, and after reading what Colin, the owner of BB wrote regarding once you ad water to Alcohol it dilutes the Alcohol and then the diluted Alcohol its self  can cause the drug to recrystallise so therefore its not actually spreading out in the diluting agent but becoming one mass , like adding salt to water, boil away the water and what's left?  Mass Salt crystals.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235642.msg3025689#msg3025689

I myself when I first tried liquid DLMT year's ago started out with just water and was doing OK until I was told that Water don't act as a solvent for Diazepam, which then got me seriously paranoid and worried,  so I  added Vodka and that's what bloody effed me up, I felt so bad for so long after that I gave up on DLMT, but now want to try it again and intending to use water but need to hear form those of you who did plain water titration please with nothing else added.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is generally for benzo micro taper, but my pdoc has just told me to microtaper zopiclone. 10% every 2 weeks. I’m at 1.87mg, that’s going to take me 6 more months. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Nova, the problem with just using water is that the drug falls out of suspension really quickly. Could you use a suspending agent like Ora plus? That would make it easier for you. I have a friend using just water (she’s not on BB) and she’s down to .5 mg V and doing pretty well. It can be done, but if you’re wanting a more accurate way of tapering the suspending agent would be better. My understanding with full fat milk is that it also acts as a suspending agent— the benzos attach to the fats and are suspended in the mixture — as milk is made of fats, sugars, and water. Downside of using milk is that it doesn’t keep as long as the other options. The vodka and propylene glycol methods should really just be considered suspension methods as well beings we don’t know for certain if the benzo stays in solution or precipitates out. When I used both methods I always shook my jar thoroughly before drawing my dose to make up for that uncertainty. I hope this helps.

Nova, the problem with just using water is that the drug falls out of suspension really quickly. Could you use a suspending agent like Ora plus? That would make it easier for you. I have a friend using just water (she’s not on BB) and she’s down to .5 mg V and doing pretty well. It can be done, but if you’re wanting a more accurate way of tapering the suspending agent would be better. My understanding with full fat milk is that it also acts as a suspending agent— the benzos attach to the fats and are suspended in the mixture — as milk is made of fats, sugars, and water. Downside of using milk is that it doesn’t keep as long as the other options. The vodka and propylene glycol methods should really just be considered suspension methods as well beings we don’t know for certain if the benzo stays in solution or precipitates out. When I used both methods I always shook my jar thoroughly before drawing my dose to make up for that uncertainty. I hope this helps.

Hi Kits  :hug: tried milk, vodka, none agree with me, but I did start out with plain Water year's ago, and was doing OK, but got paranoid as too many people on here were going on about it not dissolving in water but there was at time,  quite a  few people on BB using just water and did fine. 

But you don't come across them any more, as I think that lots of peole got as paranoid as me about the not dissolving stuff, but even in Vodka, Diazepam still don't fully dissolve anyway , but read this link she's an ex BB member and was also on Surviving anti depressants, and is very knowledgable about Benzos and their solubility. Hers her BB stuff http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=61594.msg831509#msg831509

And here' s her surviving antidepressants posts where she makes a point of stating that she no longer uses Ethanol ( Alcohol) as she was using Ever clear, but went back to plain water and was tapering Bennzos and AD's using just water with great success https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

And personally I think if you do like she did which is exactly what I used to do using only water, give it a good stir and quickly draw off what I wanted to throw away and then drink my dose , but as I said if you read her post's she knows her stuff not just about the drugs but the science and chemistry effects of using water, centrifugal force when stirring and where to draw off from the solution never from the top , how the vortex created by stirring will  have effect if any, on the amount of  the dose your drawing off  etc.  :)

Love    Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Is there anyone that’s good with math/tapering schedules? At tail end of my taper and having some problems cognitively working some things out. I’ve been dry cutting a very long time and just need some advice with someone that’s not as fried and can give me some clarity with some of this. I’m down to 0.16mg which I know is incredibly low. Due to unforeseen circumstances I no longer have access to the scale my father was using and he’s in hospital. Can anyone recommend an easy way to cross to LT that’s relatively easy on cognition?

My Neurologist mentioned doing 5mg Valium tab in 50Ml of water which would equate to 1mg per 10ml and 0.1mg per 1ml of water is this correct?

Would appreciate any help with this, my withdrawal has been so acute I can barely function to orchestrate this.

Thanks

Is there anyone that’s good with math/tapering schedules? At tail end of my taper and having some problems cognitively working some things out. I’ve been dry cutting a very long time and just need some advice with someone that’s not as fried and can give me some clarity with some of this. I’m down to 0.16mg which I know is incredibly low. Due to unforeseen circumstances I no longer have access to the scale my father was using and he’s in hospital. Can anyone recommend an easy way to cross to LT that’s relatively easy on cognition?

My Neurologist mentioned doing 5mg Valium tab in 50Ml of water which would equate to 1mg per 10ml and 0.1mg per 1ml of water is this correct?

Would appreciate any help with this, my withdrawal has been so acute I can barely function to orchestrate this.

Thanks

Sometimes there's a math guru on here, but, if not, try the Titration Board. Also, Valium comes as an Rx liquid that you can dilute, which would be more reliable than just putting the tablet in water. Valium doesn't dissolve in water.

Thank you. I’m not in a position to get a Rx as I’m about to run out of shaved doses and have to make the switch abruptly. Something unforeseen has happened and Can not continue to Dry cut. Thanks for your response

Thanks

Sometimes there's a math guru on here, but, if not, try the Titration Board. Also, Valium comes as an Rx liquid that you can dilute, which would be more reliable than just putting the tablet in water. Valium doesn't dissolve in water.

Where can I find the titration board?