Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Yes, we need to figure this out.  It is very strange.

I know for a fact that a 0.5 mg Klonopin tablet should weigh about 0.17 grams. 

Hence, I suspect you have a "tare" problem.

Do you know how to "tare" your scale?

I did tare it once earlier before weighing each pill individually & they all came out to about .17, with all 10, I believe being 1.722

Then I got the scale out again just now placed 10 pills on it & got 3.996 with all ten pills on it.

I removed them hit the tare button & weighed again & got the same # essentially

Do I just need to remove the little pan & hit the tare button?

If the little pan is the plastic tray used to hold material, then perhaps this is the problem.

You should have the plastic tray on the scale and then tare.

Then leave the tray on the scale and add the pills.

Is that what you are doing?

I’m sorry bob, I’ll m having major family problems I’m going to let this go for now. Thank you so much I’m sorry to ask for help then bail, but things are very bad for me with family issues right now, I didn’t realize how bad until right now- be well much gratitude

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone!

Nice to see some familiar names over here. A question. I am just below 3 now, tapering 1 mg w/ DLMT and the other 2 in pill form still. Since I switched to liquid a few days ago, my hands are freezing again and I have an eye twitch that will not stop. It's awful. What the heck? Could this possibly be from going to liquid?

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue...

A couple of us have had some issues, to varying degrees. Often an easy fix by a slower change to liquid, and from as stable a position as possible...

Dont be put off....

:)

Hi Everyone!

Nice to see some familiar names over here. A question. I am just below 3 now, tapering 1 mg w/ DLMT and the other 2 in pill form still. Since I switched to liquid a few days ago, my hands are freezing again and I have an eye twitch that will not stop. It's awful. What the heck? Could this possibly be from going to liquid?

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue...

A couple of us have had some issues, to varying degrees. Often an easy fix by a slower change to liquid, and from as stable a position as possible...

Dont be put off....

:)

I agree completely with Can'ts advice. With every adjustment or change I have made, I responded best with a gradual transition. You are not alone, it has happened to many of us.  :smitten:

Can someone tell me how much vodka would be needed to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium? I think someone told me several years ago to use 3mL of vodka to dissolve 1mg of klonopin (which I'm tapering off of) before adding 97mL of water to make a solution, but I'm not sure how to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium.

Thanks!

Jeff

You can dissolve 1mg of all common benzos with 2ml of 80 proof vodka. 

So a 10mg tablet will require at least 20ml of 80 proof vodka. 

If you then dilute with 80ml water, your final solution will be .1mg per ml.

Thanks for that info, Builder. I'm sorry to add one more question: If it takes at least 20mg of vodka to dissolve the 10mg Valium tablet, then how much PG would it take the same tablet?

Many thanks yet again!

Jeff

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue,

I know that I had reaction to changing to liquid.... some do some don't.  I went with some dry and some liquid which I see you are doing.  Some say to updose the liquid part a bit -10% or so- and then get stable before starting to cut....

Wishing you the best

SS

Can someone tell me how much vodka would be needed to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium? I think someone told me several years ago to use 3mL of vodka to dissolve 1mg of klonopin (which I'm tapering off of) before adding 97mL of water to make a solution, but I'm not sure how to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium.

Thanks!

Jeff

You can dissolve 1mg of all common benzos with 2ml of 80 proof vodka. 

So a 10mg tablet will require at least 20ml of 80 proof vodka. 

If you then dilute with 80ml water, your final solution will be .1mg per ml.

Thanks for that info, Builder. I'm sorry to add one more question: If it takes at least 20mg of vodka to dissolve the 10mg Valium tablet, then how much PG would it take the same tablet?

Many thanks yet again!

Jeff

The ratios for vodka and PG are about the same.  Use 2ml PG for each mg of benzo.

Cant, Kasey, SS:

Thanks for support and advice. I'll try that. I never feel totally stable so I guess best to keep going, at a snail's pace. I hope everyone doing okay. Always fun to see old friends in a new room. It's like going to a party and running into people you haven't seen in a long time!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue,

I know that I had reaction to changing to liquid.... some do some don't.  I went with some dry and some liquid which I see you are doing.  Some say to updose the liquid part a bit -10% or so- and then get stable before starting to cut....

Wishing you the best

SS

Hey SS, I haven't taken liquid but I have read quite a few people on here who had problems switching from pill to the liquid.  Some think it's from the additives in the liquid, just guessing.  I hope u feel better soon and your body gets use to it.  Or just ask builder how to make your own.  I'm down to .0375x, still holding my 15v Valium.  It won't be too long now before before I get to titrate that, thank goodness.  Good to see u on here :smitten:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue,

Wishing you the best

SS

Hey SS, I haven't taken liquid but I have read quite a few people on here who had problems switching from pill to the liquid.  Some think it's from the additives in the liquid, just guessing.  I hope u feel better soon and your body gets use to it.  Or just ask builder how to make your own.  I'm down to .0375x, still holding my 15v Valium.  It won't be too long now before before I get to titrate that, thank goodness.  Good to see u on here :smitten:

Hi Mary,

That's so great that you are down so low on the Xanax! Congrats on getting down so far!

Actually it was when I switched over to all liquid Xanax ages ago that it felt as though I had CT'd.  Real horror show.  So I made my own liquid and basically take about 10% of my daily dose in liquid and have been doing that for awhile.  I have control over my sxs and taper rate which was getting ridiculously slow  .0005 every two days.  So I realized  I needed to do a long hold -- but today, at day 55 of my hold I can say that even with a nasty cold I feel better than I have in a year!  It's not a window -- it's French Doors! 

This body does heal , this body does heal, this body does heal .....

Congrats again... we're all turtling off this stuff...

:smitten:

SS

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue,

Wishing you the best

SS

Hi Mary,

That's so great that you are down so low on the Xanax! Congrats on getting down so far!

Actually it was when I switched over to all liquid Xanax ages ago that it felt as though I had CT'd.  Real horror show.  So I made my own liquid and basically take about 10% of my daily dose in liquid and have been doing that for awhile.  I have control over my sxs and taper rate which was getting ridiculously slow  .0005 every two days.  So I realized  I needed to do a long hold -- but today, at day 55 of my hold I can say that even with a nasty cold I feel better than I have in a year!  It's not a window -- it's French Doors! 

SS

That is such a exciting news.  I am so happy for you!!  I'm low enough on the xanax several people have suggested I just cut it, it would be less than a 5% cut but I just can't risk it after what happened last time.  I'm just gonna sneak off.  I really am happy for u :smitten::D:thumbsup:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Blue

Hi Blue,

Wishing you the best

SS

Hi Mary,

SS

That is such a exciting news.  I am so happy for you!!  I'm low enough on the xanax several people have suggested I just cut it, it would be less than a 5% cut but I just can't risk it after what happened last time.  I'm just gonna sneak off.  I really am happy for u :smitten::D:thumbsup:

There's just no harm in going slowly.... especially for the last bit I figure.  The body will need to adjust even with the Valium on board.

But you're so close!!!

Fabulous

SS

Hi, so my compounded liquid expires in a month & my generic k pin is on back order everywhere. I know I’ve thought my compound iffy in it’s efficacy,(still do, but not sure)but don’t have equipment to make own liquid right now. Point being, I was going to use Jim’s charts to dlmt with .5mg/ml compounded suspension for only my 3rd .5mg dose of day, until it was gone, then start dlmt on other doses, first 1 or 2 of day. My doses 6am .5, 12pm .5 6pm .5, bed time 2mg. Now I’m wondering if I can liquid taper all 3 day doses, leaving bed dose as tablets, but still get the percentage worked into the chart?

Is this just dumb & impulsive to try to jump over to liquid doses for 3 out of 4 daily doses per day?

Last evening, I took my 6-7pm liquid taper dose & felt more awake than I do when I take my tablet, took me a bit long ne’er to get to sleep(not much after taking tablets)this A.M. I took compounded liquid=.99ml=almost .5mg & I feel like want to go to sleep. I shook it well both times. What could be the problem here?

I just tried it for my A.M. dose, couldn’t read the small lines on the 1ml 100 increment syringe, but was trying for .99ml. How does one see these lines? Use a magnifying glass? So far I’ve only tried to draw .95, so the line was bigger, how do I read those smaller lines?

Anyway, I’m feeling extra tired, unwell, & nauseous, which I thought would be the opposite with liquid? Can’t afford to feel worse right now, but it could be something else going on, I suppose. Maybe it just hit me all at once too much & now I want to go to sleep, hm, don’t like this feeling.

Also I got some tiny amt of water in my suspension (while pushing & pulling on syringe trying to get right amount) that was left in syringe from rinsing syringe last night after taking 6pm dose, will that contaminate or ruin my suspension?

Also, the pharmacist told me to find milliliters, take the dose I want in mg & divide by .5mg=liquid milliliter dose. How would I do the opposite? Convert the amount I’m taking in mililiters & convert to mg?

So I was going to taper 3rd .5mg dose @5-10% every 14 days, of daily dose with liquid leaving all else in tablets.

Using Jim’s charts.

Is there a way to taper first 3 doses of day with liquid @3-5%, or even 10% every 14 days, using Jim’s charts leaving 2mg bed dose in tablets?

Or is there a way without Jim’s charts to do this?

Or have I ruined suspension getting water in it?

Is it normal that I feel like going back to sleep?

All thoughts, imput appreciated.

Thank you, Scaredie

Hi, so my compounded liquid expires in a month & my generic k pin is on back order everywhere. I know I’ve thought my compound iffy in it’s efficacy,(still do, but not sure)but don’t have equipment to make own liquid right now. Point being, I was going to use Jim’s charts to dlmt with .5mg/ml compounded suspension for only my 3rd .5mg dose of day, until it was gone, then start dlmt on other doses, first 1 or 2 of day. My doses 6am .5, 12pm .5 6pm .5, bed time 2mg. Now I’m wondering if I can liquid taper all 3 day doses, leaving bed dose as tablets, but still get the percentage worked into the chart?

Is this just dumb & impulsive to try to jump over to liquid doses for 3 out of 4 daily doses per day?

Yes it is impulsive, especially since you do not know if the liquid is going to work yet. Why not start by tapering the 3rd dose as you planned, then if you are doing ok with the liquid we will make you a chart to taper from the next 2 doses simultaneously along with you taking your 2mg before bed.

Last evening, I took my 6-7pm liquid taper dose & felt more awake than I do when I take my tablet, took me a bit long ne’er to get to sleep(not much after taking tablets)this A.M. I took compounded liquid=.99ml=almost .5mg & I feel like want to go to sleep. I shook it well both times. What could be the problem here?

You are worrying to much....

I just tried it for my A.M. dose, couldn’t read the small lines on the 1ml 100 increment syringe, but was trying for .99ml. How does one see these lines? Use a magnifying glass? So far I’ve only tried to draw .95, so the line was bigger, how do I read those smaller lines?

Use reader glasses or get a magnifying glass

Anyway, I’m feeling extra tired, unwell, & nauseous, which I thought would be the opposite with liquid? Can’t afford to feel worse right now, but it could be something else going on, I suppose. Maybe it just hit me all at once too much & now I want to go to sleep, hm, don’t like this feeling.

Also I got some tiny amt of water in my suspension (while pushing & pulling on syringe trying to get right amount) that was left in syringe from rinsing syringe last night after taking 6pm dose, will that contaminate or ruin my suspension?

No

Also, the pharmacist told me to find milliliters, take the dose I want in mg & divide by .5mg=liquid milliliter dose. How would I do the opposite? Convert the amount I’m taking in mililiters & convert to mg?

Jims chart tells you what the ml/mg equals

So I was going to taper 3rd .5mg dose @5-10% every 14 days, of daily dose with liquid leaving all else in tablets.

Using Jim’s charts.

Is there a way to taper first 3 doses of day with liquid @3-5%, or even 10% every 14 days, using Jim’s charts leaving 2mg bed dose in tablets?

Yes, there is a way, but you say you are not sure if liquid is going to work yet so why do you want to increase the amount of liquid now? Wait till you see if the liquid will work, then we will redo the chart.

???

No

Well yes...3.5mg of benzo K would put me in a temporary coma  :sick::)

Thank you, Scaredie

Try not to worry so much...  :D:thumbsup::smitten:

From a meme I saw on FB today...

"Don't worry about things that might go wrong, think about how great it will be when you succeed."

I can tell you from my time here on BB, the major variable for determining the success  (or failure) of a taper is your attitude going in.  Its more important than "dry or liquid", "solution vs suspension", Rx vs homebrew, vodka or PG,  "micro taper vs cut&hold",etc. ::) ::)

"Don't worry about things that might go wrong, think about how great it will be when you succeed."

I can tell you from my time here on BB, the major variable for determining the success  (or failure) of a taper is your attitude going in.  Its more important than "dry or liquid", "solution vs suspension", Rx vs homebrew, vodka or PG,  "micro taper vs cut&hold",etc. ::) ::)

So well said.

Yes it is impulsive, especially since you do not know if the liquid is going to work yet. Why not start by tapering the 3rd dose as you planned, then if you are doing ok with the liquid we will make you a chart to taper from the next 2 doses simultaneously along with you taking your 2mg before bed.

You are worrying to much....

Use reader glasses or get a magnifying glass

No

Jims chart tells you what the ml/mg equals

Using Jim’s charts.

Yes, there is a way, but you say you are not sure if liquid is going to work yet so why do you want to increase the amount of liquid now? Wait till you see if the liquid will work, then we will redo the chart.

???

No

Well yes...3.5mg of benzo K would put me in a temporary coma  :sick::)

Thank you, Scaredie

Try not to worry so much...  :D:thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Bella, your right about seeing if the liquid will work first or not before adding more. I appreciate your continued support, time  & guidance. Be well :)

Thanks builder, if your talking to me. I’ve been quite tempted, even though I’m very med resistant, hate the start up & getting off, to try another antidepressant again. I am feeling very stuck, especially since taking that last nicotine patch off(it’s like that was sort of an antidepressant for me)Therapy  too. Not saying that’s my answer, but maybe I need a little boost. :'( thanks for your imput

Be well

Thanks builder, if your talking to me.

I'm talking to anyone who needs  to hear it!  ::)

As the old saying goes..."if the shoe fits..."  ;)

So well said.

:clap: :clap:

Thanks builder, if your talking to me.

I'm talking to anyone who needs  to hear it!  ::)

As the old saying goes..."if the shoe fits..."  ;)

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I’m loving the DLMT method, haven’t felt this good since before c/t four months ago!! And have been focusing on the positives, so wanted to share.  Hope everyone is doing weller today :smitten:

I’m loving the DLMT method, haven’t felt this good since before c/t four months ago!! And have been focusing on the positives, so wanted to share.  Hope everyone is doing weller today :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It helped me like that too, so glad I switched :)