Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks GARD...so sorry I was so anxiety-ridden yesterday.  I have printed out this page so I won't be bugging you about the same ole thing.  I just had it in my mind that that lady was trying to convince me that I was doing the wrong thing.  Sorry to have bothered you.  WTG on reaching 10mls pulls.  Yes, I will do your super chicken method once I start up again...a very good plan.  I'm not joining anymore groups...lol.    Good to hear you didn't need the Epi. 

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I even think I have answered it, but hell, I'm going to ask it anyways.  How do I know if my current symptoms are because of my recent cut or it's just part of the withdrawal I would be going through anyways?  I have gone down from .125mg k to .085mg k, and I feel pretty much the same, in face a little bit better than I did in January.  However, things rotate, like for example I was having shoulder pain and muscle tension and I feel like that has subsided a bit but now I am having anxiety.

So...I am wondering, if I hold, will the anxiety go away?  Does it matter?  It's only .085mg of K.  I'm having a hard time believing this much can effect me at all.  I used to just down and extra .5mg of k sometimes to sleep.  It's just mindblowing if this tiny amount can give me extra anxiety.

Green, unless you keep a diary and can see a regular pattern, I don't think you can know. Waves and windows just happen. I think if I were that close to the end, I would just keep creeping slowly toward the finish line as long as the symptoms were tolerable. If they're not, a hold would be worth a try.

Hope you find a rate that works for you.

Gard :)

Thanks Gard!  I am going to take this advice to heart cause I think I am just at the brink of tolerable right now and even the slightest variance in my daily life is kinda throwing me off, so I am going to hold here for a week and see how I feel.  Maybe I'll hold for longer but yeah the anxiety is just getting to me right now.

Thanks GARD...so sorry I was so anxiety-ridden yesterday.  I have printed out this page so I won't be bugging you about the same ole thing.  I just had it in my mind that that lady was trying to convince me that I was doing the wrong thing.  Sorry to have bothered you.  WTG on reaching 10mls pulls.  Yes, I will do your super chicken method once I start up again...a very good plan.  I'm not joining anymore groups...lol.    Good to hear you didn't need the Epi.

Don't worry about it, Lib. I used to search all around for answers until I decided it was only confusing and upsetting me. I got good help on this thread and found the sources to be reliable, so decided to stay right here.

I like my super-chicken method because it gets me past the psychological barrier of starting again. My daughter also suggested that my brain needed to get used to adjusting to cuts again after a hold and that once it did, it would do better adjusting. It's an interesting idea and maybe has some merit. But don't quote me! Neither of us has any kind of medical background.

I think printing and bookmarking are good ideas. When you start up, you will have everything at hand.  :thumbsup:

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I even think I have answered it, but hell, I'm going to ask it anyways.  How do I know if my current symptoms are because of my recent cut or it's just part of the withdrawal I would be going through anyways?  I have gone down from .125mg k to .085mg k, and I feel pretty much the same, in face a little bit better than I did in January.  However, things rotate, like for example I was having shoulder pain and muscle tension and I feel like that has subsided a bit but now I am having anxiety.

So...I am wondering, if I hold, will the anxiety go away?  Does it matter?  It's only .085mg of K.  I'm having a hard time believing this much can effect me at all.  I used to just down and extra .5mg of k sometimes to sleep.  It's just mindblowing if this tiny amount can give me extra anxiety.

Green, unless you keep a diary and can see a regular pattern, I don't think you can know. Waves and windows just happen. I think if I were that close to the end, I would just keep creeping slowly toward the finish line as long as the symptoms were tolerable. If they're not, a hold would be worth a try.

Hope you find a rate that works for you.

Thanks Gard!  I am going to take this advice to heart cause I think I am just at the brink of tolerable right now and even the slightest variance in my daily life is kinda throwing me off, so I am going to hold here for a week and see how I feel.  Maybe I'll hold for longer but yeah the anxiety is just getting to me right now.

I know how that feels, Green. I think I may be getting close to that myself (because of outside stress piling up and making me wobbly), but not quite at the brink yet. If I get there, will definitely hold. No more big crashes for me!

Starting my LT today after a very rapid “get off as much as possible” crazy plan that was plain denial.

Hope this works- going from pills to liquid that I made is kind of scary- but if I feel bad during transition I can hold.

New way of thinking for me who like to get unpleasant things over with :D

Starting my LT today after a very rapid “get off as much as possible” crazy plan that was plain denial.

Hope this works- going from pills to liquid that I made is kind of scary- but if I feel bad during transition I can hold.

You can do it! :thumbsup:

Good luck Cliffdweller, I think I'm ready too. Just hoping I can get some help with a plan  :hug: Harmonee

If builder doesn't see your post here, you could try the Titration board.

Don't worry about it, Lib. I used to search all around for answers until I decided it was only confusing and upsetting me. I got good help on this thread and found the sources to be reliable, so decided to stay right here.

I like my super-chicken method because it gets me past the psychological barrier of starting again. My daughter also suggested that my brain needed to get used to adjusting to cuts again after a hold and that once it did, it would do better adjusting. It's an interesting idea and maybe has some merit. But don't quote me! Neither of us has any kind of medical background.

I think printing and bookmarking are good ideas. When you start up, you will have everything at hand.  :thumbsup:

Thank God you don't have any medical background!!! "Medical background" seems to be screwing so many people up :)

Bless ya!

Jeff

Just to get to know what I’m doing before tapering. Builder I suspended 20 x .5mg X into 20ml of Vodka (80 proof). Added 180 ml of water to get about a week’s worth.  I draw up 10ml 3 times daily (currently on 3 x .5 X daily). Would you expect a taper schedule (assuming I feel fine at 10% reduction) take about 18 months to get down to .025? I find taking all doses in liquid easier than both tablet and liquid, or am missing something since so many people on BB use both tablets and liquid. Also does anyone have an Excel formula to use as a guide for daily reduction?

Hmm...I thought I answered this, but I don't find it in my history so...

Your prep and procedure are correct.

The "formula" is:

current dose X %  = total reduction

total reduction/days = daily reduction

1.5mg X 10% = .15mg

.15mg/14 days = .0107mg/day  (round down to .01mg/day daily reduction)

It takes "as long as it takes".  You will probably need to adjust your cut rate some as you progress.

Thank God you don't have any medical background!!! "Medical background" seems to be screwing so many people up :)

Bless ya!

Jeff

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Cliffdweller,

I am on Valium too. I am now at  .622mg

I switched to liquid  Valium when I was at about 1.25 mg (I think it says it in my signature)

I did not have any problem at all. The liquid does taste bad though. (I use Roxanne (brand) liquid Diazepam and I make a solution of 10:1 water and Valium.)I have a little glass full of grape juice to drink down right away after I take my dose and it makes it much easier. Other than that, no problem!  Actually it made my taper much easier and smoother because it allows for making much tinier cuts, so you have better control at keeping wdsx at bay.

Good luck. And don’t let any stories you may have read about start you thinking that things will be difficult. Things may be just fine.

Oh, also some people will updose a bit if things get difficult when you switch to liquid.

It’s also a good idea to hold for a while to give your body a chance to get used to the switch.

I think I held for about a week. I don’t remember if I updosed. I don’t think I did..

Well best of luck!

Heathcliff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS if you are interested, just want you to know that liquid Valium ( diazapam ) is available in the USA. It’s called Diazapam oral solution  1ml=1 mg manufacturer is Roxane. I get it by prescription at Walgreens.

Hello, I have been tapering Xanax since January 2015. It has taken so long, but I have gotten so damn sick from w/d at times. I was prescribed 2 mg a day during nursing school 18 yrs ago. It was here I learned how to do a micro taper, and thank-God because there is no other way I could try to get off this. I am now down to 0.045 mgs/ 24 hrs, divided into 5 doses via liquid taper. I have had several symptoms r/t w/d. The worst being my whole GI system. What is going on now is periods of severe pain in my back up high between my spine and shoulder blade. I think I am getting spasms because the next day the top of my shoulders are hard and very sore. The last few days have been sporadic and when it happens it is debilitating, I cannot get in a comfortable position and it hurts to breath at times. I do get some relief, when my hubby massages the spot and I take an NSAID, enough to be able to go to sleep at night until the pain wakes me up 3-4 hours later. It has almost brought me to tears at times. It is so weird, it comes and goes. I have Flexeril, it helps a little, but it seems the spasms are more powerful. I have been doing stretches, it helps. Has anyone else experienced this? It kind of scares me. TIA , Rose B

Hello, I have been tapering Xanax since January 2015. It has taken so long, but I have gotten so damn sick from w/d at times. I was prescribed 2 mg a day during nursing school 18 yrs ago. It was here I learned how to do a micro taper, and thank-God because there is no other way I could try to get off this. I am now down to 0.045 mgs/ 24 hrs, divided into 5 doses via liquid taper. I have had several symptoms r/t w/d. The worst being my whole GI system. What is going on now is periods of severe pain in my back up high between my spine and shoulder blade. I think I am getting spasms because the next day the top of my shoulders are hard and very sore. The last few days have been sporadic and when it happens it is debilitating, I cannot get in a comfortable position and it hurts to breath at times. I do get some relief, when my hubby massages the spot and I take an NSAID, enough to be able to go to sleep at night until the pain wakes me up 3-4 hours later. It has almost brought me to tears at times. It is so weird, it comes and goes. I have Flexeril, it helps a little, but it seems the spasms are more powerful. I have been doing stretches, it helps. Has anyone else experienced this? It kind of scares me. TIA , Rose B

What you are experiencing is absolutely withdrawal. I had it and it still bothers me at times even now that I am off. I think the muscle relaxer is what works best for me. It will ease off in time.

I have had something like this come and go. I have had to lie on my back and not move. Any movement was so painful. I think the muscles are contracting and constricting my ribs. It was only intolerably bad once where I was actually struggling to breathe. My daughter called the nurse line who told her to take me to the ER. Of course, by the time the doctor came around I had no symptoms. I asked if it could be w/d. She said, "I don't know, but I've seen benzos do some very strange things." I don't seem to have it any more, but who knows, right? I did do a hold over the holidays. Maybe that helped. Maybe it would help you. Sure hope you get past this soon. :hug:

Gard :smitten:

Sublingual vs drinking the vodka/water/ v solution:

8 days since I switched from sublingual V pill to LT

I had  been doing so well ( considering) however I got was amped up, pacing, couldn’t  focus.

Was wondering if the rapid cutting and the switching to the LT caught up.

The last 2 days I took 2/3 dose in pill form rest in the liquid- holding  :(

Feeling better but edgy.

Any advise on how to get out of this rut and back on liquid tapering only.

I had  been doing so well ( considering) however I got was amped up, pacing, couldn’t  focus.

Feeling better but edgy.

Sorry to hear about this. You might try holding where you're at with part and part until you feel stable again. Then, when you feel good, try to the switch. V has a long half life so you it cold be the rapid cutting and switch has indeed caught up with you. A hold would usually helps that. Good luck.

Feeling better but edgy.

Sorry to hear about this. You might try holding where you're at with part and part until you feel stable again. Then, when you feel good, try to the switch. V has a long half life so you it cold be the rapid cutting and switch has indeed caught up with you. A hold would usually helps that. Good luck.

I agree with gard.  :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I'm now one week alcohol free (2-3 beers a night) and off Quetiapine now for 5 weeks and I'm wanting to now start my micro liquid taper.

In the past I've been on and off V a week at a time 3 or 4 times but was c/t'd off of 15mg after 6 weeks usage and after 4 weeks had to reinstate to 12mg. I've never really stabilised and suffer depression badly despite A/D's being tried and Lyrica.

My question is how much would be sensible rate of reduction to start with? I was considering a 0.35% cut daily from my 12mg for the first month which would approx give me an 9% cut over the first month.

Cheers

Staz

Hi Staz. I think most people would say 9% is reasonable. If you want to be extra careful, you could start with something lower for the first month, say 5%, and then increase your rate each month until you feel you've hit your max. That's what I've done to find a good rate for myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I miss reading everybody's posts. Nothing on here for a while. Heck, it's just about the only thread I go to. Everybody must be off their benzo now!!! Congrats :) 

Bless you, wherever you are in your journey!

Jeff

15 months and still the depression is brutal. You all take your time and taper xtra slow cause when you step off it is anybody guess!!!

Hey everybody!  I'm looking for some advice on whether to do traditional cut & holds or do daily micro cuts.  When I started out at 20mg I got down to 5mg without too much suffering, but did have the usual anxiety and crappiness in the mornings.  After a relapse I went back up to 10mg and since then I've done .5mg cuts every 3 weeks and it hasn't been too bad either.  I'm wondering if doing daily cuts is worth the hassle of shaving the pills and weighing them.  But then I think even though cut and holding isn't too bad right now it might be once I start to get to lower doses.  Any advice or experiences?