Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Judy,

The daily cut would not be 7% it would be .7%.  Instead of cutting 10% and holding 14 days I suggested breaking it up into 14 small cuts 10%/14=.7%.  So each day you would drop by .7% and 14 of these will add up to 10%.

As Builder pointed out, another way to look at this is your current 10% cut is .5ml.  Instead of going immediately down by .5ml you would go down by .5ml/14=.036ml each day.

Well, I drank the full .5 mg dissolved tablet two days in a row and got some 1ml syringes from vet so I'm ready to start my daily liquid taper tomorrow as you suggested. However I am wondering if I am being premature in starting since between July 22 and July 28 I cut a total of .75mg and am only now beginning to recover from the WD I experienced.  My last cut was July 28, Tuesday .125mg. Starting Wednesday (7/29) I resumed taking the full .5mg dose and have been there for four days.  Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

I agree with Gardener.  You just reinstated a big cut AND have just switched to liquid dosing.  I'd hold steady - maybe for a week or two - whatever is needed, especially if you are getting tangible results from holding.

What kind of "tangible results from holding" would I expect to have?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Gardener.  You just reinstated a big cut AND have just switched to liquid dosing.  I'd hold steady - maybe for a week or two - whatever is needed, especially if you are getting tangible results from holding.

What kind of "tangible results from holding" would I expect to have?

I guess it is a bit subjective, but in your judgement if holding is causing noticeable improvement I think that would be very worthwhile...better sleep, less brain fog...whatever it is.

csm, a lot of capsules are made with MSG as an ingredient. There is a small but real chance that you are responding to that. 

csm, a lot of capsules are made with MSG as an ingredient. There is a small but real chance that you are responding to that.

Thanks for the heads up on this, but I take so many supplements daily - all capsules - I doubt if adding a small amount would make any difference at this point.

CSM- 

The kind of precision you are trying to achieve is truly not needed.  Small variations in your day-to-day dosing will be self cancelling. 

Judy about this:

Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

In my experience s/x tend to pile up. If you do not hold until they are gone (or pretty much tolerable) they will follow you. I often ignored mine, or minimized them, much to my regret. If I had just implemented, say a two week hold several times when I felt bad, I could have avoided the two enormous nine week holds I had to do to get rid of really bothersome s/x. Not saying this will happen to you . . . just sharing a cautionary tale . . .

Hope you feel better.

Okatz

CSM- 

The kind of precision you are trying to achieve is truly not needed.  Small variations in your day-to-day dosing will be self cancelling.

Micromanaging a microtaper!  :crazy: I know, I've become OCD over getting off this crap since I started. I've got to just stick with a plan and forge ahead.  My main concern was that cutting tablets was going to be problematic if the med isn't evenly distributed, but then so many have successfully used this method. Just being my ultra-anal self.

Has anybody heard anything from Jeff (Ultra) recently?

Yeh, I heard he's still beating up that psychiatrist egotistical, clueless, incompetent, willfully-ignorant narcissist at the medical school that told him he was a loser and that he could get off 3mg of K in less than 2 months if he was worth anything  :)  Maybe that dude had Ultra confused with NYCWaveRider (or whoever). Still can't believe that person drop 5mg of K in two MONTHS!!

Ha ha!  Thanks for checking, Garner.  I was away from the computer for two days taking care of my wife. New complications from her cancer ride. I was on the phone with docs and insurance companies as well as getting her to appointments, etc.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Fixed your post for ya, Ultra.  ;)

Hugs to you and your wife! :hug:

Ha!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks for the correction, teach.

Hey, guess what?  I got an appointment today with a psychiatrist who IS in my network. I can't see him until September 16th, which about 4 days before I run out of clonazepam, but that's better than none! Long story, but his assistant has been with him for 20 of the 30 yrs of the psychiatrist' career. She was actually nice! She said she thinks he'll write me the script. I hoping he's "old school" and will be lenient in his benzo writing. It's an hour and 45 minutes away. We'll see. Four days before I run out!! Pretty amazing. I'm hoping nothing keeps the appointment from happening. I'm not gonna say a word about tapering. I need this stuff for years since it'll take me that long to whip this stuff.

Crossing fingers!!

Thanks to everyone for continued support.

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Good news! 

Will they cover your 4 day  shortfall?

Hey Marija!

I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that: I'll see the psychiatrist with 4 days worth of benzo pills left. So, I'm good (assuming that he actually gives me the script the day I see him). I run like a bat out of hell to the nearest pharmacy and get it filled!!

Have a super blessed and fun weekend!

I love you all.

Jeff

Jeff,

Phew!  My brains misfired while reading your post.

Good luck and run quickly with script in hand .......hold onto it tightly.....

Marija

Count on it, Marija!!  If you see a streak of fire go flying across the sky in the middle of the day, then that's probably me on my way to the pharmacy to get the thing filled. First, I hope like crazy that he writes it. Second, I hope he writes it for the next 1.176 billion years since it'll probably take me that long to get off this K stuff. I wish I had the metabolism of NYCWaveRider (still can't remember if that's correct or not) to be able to get off of 5mg of K in less than two months, but ain't happenin'. I'm doing good if I can reduce .005mg/day. Started at 5mg after being on this stuff for well over two decades, and I'm at about 2.26mg right now (I think). It hurts my brain (what's left of it) to even think of that.

Have a super cool day!

Jeff

Hey, can somebody tell me how to insert a picture into my post? I see the Mona Lisa icon on the toolbar, I click on it, and then it shows me a flashing cursor in between two bracketed...thing-a-ma-bobs. I tried to right-click and paste my image, but notta.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do? Gotta include some pics for Sharkey since we both graduated from the same college (of course, I'm old enough to be his Dad).

Sorry this wasn't a MT question. I'll take the demerits  ;)

Thanks!

Jeff

Hey, can somebody tell me how to insert a picture into my post? I see the Mona Lisa icon on the toolbar, I click on it, and then it shows me a flashing cursor in between two bracketed...thing-a-ma-bobs. I tried to right-click and paste my image, but notta.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do? Gotta include some pics for Sharkey since we both graduated from the same college (of course, I'm old enough to be his Dad).

Thanks!

Jeff

I think it wants the picture to be on the internet and the url to link to.

[34...]

Yeh, I heard he's still beating up that psychiatrist egotistical, clueless, incompetent, willfully-ignorant narcissist at the medical school that told him he was a loser and that he could get off 3mg of K in less than 2 months if he was worth anything  :)  Maybe that dude had Ultra confused with NYCWaveRider (or whoever). Still can't believe that person drop 5mg of K in two MONTHS!!

Ha ha!  Thanks for checking, Garner.  I was away from the computer for two days taking care of my wife. New complications from her cancer ride. I was on the phone with docs and insurance companies as well as getting her to appointments, etc.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Hey, guess what?  I got an appointment today with a psychiatrist who IS in my network. I can't see him until September 16th, which about 4 days before I run out of clonazepam, but that's better than none! Long story, but his assistant has been with him for 20 of the 30 yrs of the psychiatrist' career. She was actually nice! She said she thinks he'll write me the script. I hoping he's "old school" and will be lenient in his benzo writing. It's an hour and 45 minutes away. We'll see. Four days before I run out!! Pretty amazing. I'm hoping nothing keeps the appointment from happening. I'm not gonna say a word about tapering. I need this stuff for years since it'll take me that long to whip this stuff.

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Good news! 

Hey Marija!

I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that: I'll see the psychiatrist with 4 days worth of benzo pills left. So, I'm good (assuming that he actually gives me the script the day I see him). I run like a bat out of hell to the nearest pharmacy and get it filled!!

I love you all.

Jeff

Jeff,

Marija

Count on it, Marija!!  If you see a streak of fire go flying across the sky in the middle of the day, then that's probably me on my way to the pharmacy to get the thing filled. First, I hope like crazy that he writes it. Second, I hope he writes it for the next 1.176 billion years since it'll probably take me that long to get off this K stuff. I wish I had the metabolism of NYCWaveRider (still can't remember if that's correct or not) to be able to get off of 5mg of K in less than two months, but ain't happenin'. I'm doing good if I can reduce .005mg/day. Started at 5mg after being on this stuff for well over two decades, and I'm at about 2.26mg right now (I think). It hurts my brain (what's left of it) to even think of that.

Have a super cool day!

Jeff

I'll be watching for that streak of fire! 

I, too, am in awe of NYCwaverider - incredible. I have a friend who recently tapered 3 mg of klonopin, was on for 5 years give or take, taper off in about 3-4 months with only a week long headache for battle scares. We are all uniquely made, that's for sure.

First things first. Get your script and then one foot in front of the other.

🙌 Marija

Jeff, a lot of people put their photos on photobucket. That way they will be live on the internet, as gardener says. You can go to the site and see if that's for you.

Thanks!

Jeff

Yes, it needs a url .

Or...if you have a tablet, you can get an app called Image Link. It makes a link for any picture you have and you can just paste it between the two " Mona Lisa " brackets .

Hi BB's,

It's been a few days, I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm excited Jeff/ultra may have found a possible solution. that make me very happy.

I'm sorry Hiphop is struggling so much. I don't know what else we can do to help, because it seems that many of us keep suggesting or offering help with microtaper plans, and he doesn't seem to want that advice  and continues to taper very fast with his A, and then runs into these horrible sx.

Hiphop, if I were you, I would seriously just do it MUCH more slowly. and try to establish a microtaper plan and stick to it.  I feel bad for your pain. I thnk sticking to a plan and schedule would make this a lot less horrible for you.

We are you, that you are feeling horrible and have other health issues as well. but you can get through this. There are many other very ill people on this board. Not only with bad livers, bad sx's, but with auto immune disease, cancer etc. These make things harder, yes, but never impossible.

You can do this! please let someone help you with a reasonable microtaper and things can improve.

take care all,

shan

Hi BB's,

It's been a few days, I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm excited Jeff/ultra may have found a possible solution. that make me very happy.

I'm sorry Hiphop is struggling so much. I don't know what else we can do to help, because it seems that many of us keep suggesting or offering help with microtaper plans, and he doesn't seem to want that advice  and continues to taper very fast with his A, and then runs into these horrible sx.

Hiphop, if I were you, I would seriously just do it MUCH more slowly. and try to establish a microtaper plan and stick to it.  I feel bad for your pain. I thnk sticking to a plan and schedule would make this a lot less horrible for you.

We are you, that you are feeling horrible and have other health issues as well. but you can get through this. There are many other very ill people on this board. Not only with bad livers, bad sx's, but with auto immune disease, cancer etc. These make things harder, yes, but never impossible.

You can do this! please let someone help you with a reasonable microtaper and things can improve.

take care all,

shan

You are so sweet Shannon. And I very much agree that we have run out of suggestions to help Hiphop. ???

Hello, I started experimenting with the different micro tapers. So far, I have found that the water/vodka method is the easiest for me. Could anyone please recommend the type of glass jar that works for you. I can't close the baby food jars tight, it spills the liquid mixture every time I shake it. I also tried pickle jars, artichoke jars, jelly jars and they spill. I need to carry at least one jar in my pocketbook in order to transport one dose to my workplace or can I place this dose in a plastic bottle? Any suggestions? Thank you

Hello, I started experimenting with the different micro tapers. So far, I have found that the water/vodka method is the easiest for me. Could anyone please recommend the type of glass jar that works for you. I can't close the baby food jars tight, it spills the liquid mixture every time I shake it. I also tried pickle jars, artichoke jars, jelly jars and they spill. I need to carry at least one jar in my pocketbook in order to transport one dose to my workplace or can I place this dose in a plastic bottle? Any suggestions? Thank you

I ordered 100 mL jars from Amazon. No leakage whatsoever. They are a bit pricey but worth it to me.  The jars also come in 250 and 500 mL. Here is the link    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XR5T48?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Thank you, I like those Pyrex 100 ml bottles, is the opening wide enough for a seringe?

Yes it is.  You could easily fit 2 10 mL syringes in there.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Good news! 

Hey Marija!

I love you all.

Jeff

Jeff,

Marija

Have a super cool day!

Jeff

I'll be watching for that streak of fire! 

I, too, am in awe of NYCwaverider - incredible. I have a friend who recently tapered 3 mg of klonopin, was on for 5 years give or take, taper off in about 3-4 months with only a week long headache for battle scares. We are all uniquely made, that's for sure.

First things first. Get your script and then one foot in front of the other.

🙌 Marija

3-4 months??!!!  It's official....I'm now full-blown depressed  :'(

Thanks!

Jeff

Yes, it needs a url .

Or...if you have a tablet, you can get an app called Image Link. It makes a link for any picture you have and you can just paste it between the two " Mona Lisa " brackets .

Moodle and everyone else:

Thanks! That all makes sense. Of course, none of my pics for Sharkey have a url. They're just shots that I have in Explorer on my computer.

Thanks anyway!

Jeff