Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Has anybody heard anything from Jeff (Ultra) recently?

Yeh, I heard he's still beating up that psychiatrist egotistical, clueless, incompetent, willfully-ignorant narcissist at the medical school that told him he was a loser and that he could get off 3mg of K in less than 2 months if he was worth anything  :)  Maybe that dude had Ultra confused with NYCWaveRider (or whoever). Still can't believe that person drop 5mg of K in two MONTHS!!

Ha ha!  Thanks for checking, Garner.  I was away from the computer for two days taking care of my wife. New complications from her cancer ride. I was on the phone with docs and insurance companies as well as getting her to appointments, etc.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Fixed your post for ya, Ultra.  ;)

Hugs to you and your wife! :hug:

Ha!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks for the correction, teach.

Hey, guess what?  I got an appointment today with a psychiatrist who IS in my network. I can't see him until September 16th, which about 4 days before I run out of clonazepam, but that's better than none! Long story, but his assistant has been with him for 20 of the 30 yrs of the psychiatrist' career. She was actually nice! She said she thinks he'll write me the script. I hoping he's "old school" and will be lenient in his benzo writing. It's an hour and 45 minutes away. We'll see. Four days before I run out!! Pretty amazing. I'm hoping nothing keeps the appointment from happening. I'm not gonna say a word about tapering. I need this stuff for years since it'll take me that long to whip this stuff.

Crossing fingers!!

Thanks to everyone for continued support.

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

OMG! OMG! This sounds so promising. Can't wait to hear what happens! Now work on your very compelling story as to why you need the K long term! You know: major stressors; wife ill; need to be there for her; trouble sleeping; K was working well for you. And please work very hard at stroking his ego when you're there! Any means to an end!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends,

I have posted on the titration board as well.

Thought I would pick the smart minds here too.

I cannot continue MT X. Simply too symptomatic.

I would like help on planning a cross to V.

I will need to triangulate the dosage for I'm a fast metabolizer for the CYP2C19 pathway.

Here is my current dosing schedule.

6:30 am - .105 X

9:30 am - 2 mg V

10:30 am - .105 X

1:30 pm - .105 X

4:30 pm - .105 X

7:30 pm - .105 X

10:00 pm - 2 mg V

11:30 pm - .105 X

What I wish to do is cross over, stabilize and then MT. I will need to dry MT in that my Pdoc is not on board with a liquid MT.

Thank you for your help.

Marija

Anyone?

Math Gurus, please rescue Marija. So far she only has me over on the titration board! Gulp! :o

Edit: Thank you, SG and Moya!!!

Yeh, I heard he's still beating up that psychiatrist egotistical, clueless, incompetent, willfully-ignorant narcissist at the medical school that told him he was a loser and that he could get off 3mg of K in less than 2 months if he was worth anything  :)  Maybe that dude had Ultra confused with NYCWaveRider (or whoever). Still can't believe that person drop 5mg of K in two MONTHS!!

Ha ha!  Thanks for checking, Garner.  I was away from the computer for two days taking care of my wife. New complications from her cancer ride. I was on the phone with docs and insurance companies as well as getting her to appointments, etc.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Hey, guess what?  I got an appointment today with a psychiatrist who IS in my network. I can't see him until September 16th, which about 4 days before I run out of clonazepam, but that's better than none! Long story, but his assistant has been with him for 20 of the 30 yrs of the psychiatrist' career. She was actually nice! She said she thinks he'll write me the script. I hoping he's "old school" and will be lenient in his benzo writing. It's an hour and 45 minutes away. We'll see. Four days before I run out!! Pretty amazing. I'm hoping nothing keeps the appointment from happening. I'm not gonna say a word about tapering. I need this stuff for years since it'll take me that long to whip this stuff.

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

That's great news.  I sure hope that this is the one who will help you with your taper. :thumbsup:

Sending tons of good thoughts your way.

doodle dog

Is Valium med distributed evenly enough to support .02 mg cuts with sufficient accuracy?  I'm using 2mg pills and am not metabolizing liquid for whatever reason. 

Can I successfully dry cut at this rate holding as needed?  I'm under 2mg now and this is getting very difficult and I need to make tiny cuts.

2mg V is one of the better pills to cut with the scale.  For example, if a 2mg pill weighs .170g a .001g scale could cut as small as .012mg.  That's about low enough to make daily cuts to zero.

Ok thanks.  I'm using the popular Gemini 20.  I'm using a blade to make tiny cuts...is that OK?  Using a file was hard because it was too easy to file too much.

That scale seems kind of cheap, but seems to get the job done.

Is Valium med distributed evenly enough to support .02 mg cuts with sufficient accuracy?  I'm using 2mg pills and am not metabolizing liquid for whatever reason. 

Can I successfully dry cut at this rate holding as needed?  I'm under 2mg now and this is getting very difficult and I need to make tiny cuts.

2mg V is one of the better pills to cut with the scale.  For example, if a 2mg pill weighs .170g a .001g scale could cut as small as .012mg.  That's about low enough to make daily cuts to zero.

Ok thanks.  I'm using the popular Gemini 20. I'm using a blade to make tiny cuts...is that OK?  Using a file was hard because it was too easy to file too much.

That scale seems kind of cheap, but seems to get the job done.

I used a really thin knife when I dry cut my trazodone. It worked fine.

Friends,

I have posted on the titration board as well.

Thought I would pick the smart minds here too.

I cannot continue MT X. Simply too symptomatic.

I would like help on planning a cross to V.

I will need to triangulate the dosage for I'm a fast metabolizer for the CYP2C19 pathway.

Here is my current dosing schedule.

6:30 am - .105 X

9:30 am - 2 mg V

10:30 am - .105 X

1:30 pm - .105 X

4:30 pm - .105 X

7:30 pm - .105 X

10:00 pm - 2 mg V

11:30 pm - .105 X

What I wish to do is cross over, stabilize and then MT. I will need to dry MT in that my Pdoc is not on board with a liquid MT.

Thank you for your help.

Marija

Anyone?

Hi Marija,

I am sorry, but I have no experience with crossovers. I am sure someone here will chime in.

Anne

Hello Gardener,

I hear you loud and clear.  I read some of the posts and they will mention that they cut by .0025 mg per day.  I think to myself what does that mean because I was tapering by .5 ml per day. I guess I don't know how to convert ml to mg.

Yes, thank goodness for the math and dilution gurus.  You are all the best!

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Its just the relationship between how many mgs you mix with how much liquid.  Rx Diazepam Oral Solution comes from the mfgr, with 1mg of V in each ml of liquid, so the conversion is 1mg=1ml.  If you then dilute 1ml with 9ml water, now you have 1mg in 10ml, 0r 1mg=10ml  Or if you dissolve 1mg of diazepam tablet in 2mg of alcohol and add 98 ml water, now you have 1mg in 100mls or 1mg=100ml.    The conversion is whatever ratio of med to liquid you have chosen.

I'm not trying to embarass folks by trying to show that it's pretty simple, but I think it would make you  feel a whole lot more at ease if I could really understand it, rather than just some anonymous poster on a message board giving you your taper instructions.

JMHO :)

I agree with Builder that it is much better to understand than to just follow directions. 

1 mg = 100 mL  This can also be stated as 1 mg/100 mL = 0.01 mg/mL  meaning that each mL contains 0.01 mg or one-hundredth of a mg.

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Jeff,

I am so happy to hear this.  Gardner gave some good advice.  Please let us know how it goes.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anne

I tried dissolving the 0.5 mg K tablet in a little whole milk today but I can see very small particles that did not dissolve. So I stirred it up real well and drank it. When I start removing some how critical will it be to have it not completely dissolved.  I then experimented with the vodka dissolving method and tiny particles still settle out. How can I be confident in obtaining an accurate cut?

Thanks for your help. I could never do this on my own and my Dr is oblivious to my concerns.

Those "small particles" are insoluble, inert binders and fillers.  They are NOT benzo.  You don't need to be concerned about them.  The med will go into solution and be uniformly distributed.

Those "small particles" are insoluble, inert binders and fillers.  They are NOT benzo.  You don't need to be concerned about them.  The med will go into solution and be uniformly distributed.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Judy:

I then experimented with the vodka dissolving method and tiny particles still settle out.

What Builder said!!

I have been using the vodka method for a long time now and I was initially freaked out about those tiny particles. But once I became convinced (thank you SG and Builder) that they are not the benzo but the binders and fillers that will never dissolve, I stopped worrying.

I am almost finished my taper . . .  doing daily cuts . . . and the vodka method has worked fine for me.

Judy:

I then experimented with the vodka dissolving method and tiny particles still settle out.

What Builder said!!

I have been using the vodka method for a long time now and I was initially freaked out about those tiny particles. But once I became convinced (thank you SG and Builder) that they are not the benzo but the binders and fillers that will never dissolve, I stopped worrying.

I am almost finished my taper . . . doing daily cuts . . . and the vodka method has worked fine for me.

Congratulations!!!!

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Good news! 

Will they cover your 4 day  shortfall?

Hey Marija!

I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that: I'll see the psychiatrist with 4 days worth of benzo pills left. So, I'm good (assuming that he actually gives me the script the day I see him). I run like a bat out of hell to the nearest pharmacy and get it filled!!

Have a super blessed and fun weekend!

I love you all.

Jeff

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

OMG! OMG! This sounds so promising. Can't wait to hear what happens! Now work on your very compelling story as to why you need the K long term! You know: major stressors; wife ill; need to be there for her; trouble sleeping; K was working well for you. And please work very hard at stroking his ego when you're there! Any means to an end!

Those are all great points, Gardener. My plan was to say nothing at first about needing it long term and just see how "free" he is about that. Maybe he's cool with giving 2mg/day. He's an old schooler (30 yrs of practice), so maybe he's O.K. with it. If he questions anything, then I'll use your suggestions and I'll also have all the ammunition with me from sources that show why this MT method is working for me. Yep, all good points. I'll play it by ear. It least it buys me a little time. I can still keep looking for other long-timers out there. Ya never know!

Have a ramblin' day!

Jeff

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Jeff,

I am so happy to hear this.  Gardner gave some good advice.  Please let us know how it goes.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anne

I appreciate you and everyone else. Everyone is really encouraging. What a journey, but we'll make it!!

Keep on rockin', ya'll...

Jeff

[f5...]

Gotta geaux.

As always, hugs!

Jeff

Crossing fingers!!

Geaux Tigers!

Jeff

Good news! 

Will they cover your 4 day  shortfall?

Hey Marija!

I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that: I'll see the psychiatrist with 4 days worth of benzo pills left. So, I'm good (assuming that he actually gives me the script the day I see him). I run like a bat out of hell to the nearest pharmacy and get it filled!!

Have a super blessed and fun weekend!

I love you all.

Jeff

Jeff,

Phew!  My brains misfired while reading your post.

Good luck and run quickly with script in hand .......hold onto it tightly.....

Marija

Those are all great points, Gardener. My plan was to say nothing at first about needing it long term and just see how "free" he is about that. Maybe he's cool with giving 2mg/day. He's an old schooler (30 yrs of practice), so maybe he's O.K. with it. If he questions anything, then I'll use your suggestions and I'll also have all the ammunition with me from sources that show why this MT method is working for me. Yep, all good points. I'll play it by ear. It least it buys me a little time. I can still keep looking for other long-timers out there. Ya never know!

Have a ramblin' day!

Jeff

Ooo, I like that. Do reconnaissance before giving out any info! Then choose what to use from your arsenal. Also, it helps ask questions about benzos and anxiety (that you already know the answers to) and act impressed by the doctor's wisdom whether he knows what he's talking about or not! This puts the doctor at ease and makes him more susceptible to manipulation, should he turn out to be one of the enemy.

You know, this sounds like we belong to the French resistance during WWII or something! We need to name this war! Or at the very least give ourselves a glorious name for history to remember us by! Something like Hogan's Heroes? (:idiot:)

OK, I'll try again. Just let me think about it!!

Sharkey's Heroes. Benzo-busters. Micro-masters. Cog-fog Conquerors…

Have a ramblin' day!

Jeff

Ooo, I like that. Do reconnaissance before giving out any info! Then choose to what to use from your arsenal. Also, it helps ask questions about benzos and anxiety (that you already know the answers to) and act impressed by the doctor's wisdom whether he knows what he's talking about or not! This puts the doctor at ease and makes him more susceptible to manipulation, should he turn out to be one of the enemy.

You know, this sounds like we belong to the French resistance during WWII or something! We need to name this war! Or at the very least give ourselves a glorious name for history to remember us by! Something like Hogan's Heroes? (:idiot:)

OK, I'll try again. Just let me think about it!!

Sharkey's Heroes. Benzo-busters. Micro-masters. Cog-fog Conquerors…

Lol Gardener!  You are so silly.  Those are some good ones but I particularly like Sharkey's Heroes.

I apologize for being slow to catch on but I thought the plan for a 10% reduction is .05mg per day so that over 14 days I've cut .7mg total. At a 7% cut per day or .03mg I've cut .42mg over 14 days. I'm way too confused. I'm agreeable to the 7% reduction but unsure if I'm correct on how to get there. Please correct my math if I'm wrong.

Judy,

The daily cut would not be 7% it would be .7%.  Instead of cutting 10% and holding 14 days I suggested breaking it up into 14 small cuts 10%/14=.7%.  So each day you would drop by .7% and 14 of these will add up to 10%.

As Builder pointed out, another way to look at this is your current 10% cut is .5ml.  Instead of going immediately down by .5ml you would go down by .5ml/14=.036ml each day.

Well, I drank the full .5 mg dissolved tablet two days in a row and got some 1ml syringes from vet so I'm ready to start my daily liquid taper tomorrow as you suggested. However I am wondering if I am being premature in starting since between July 22 and July 28 I cut a total of .75mg and am only now beginning to recover from the WD I experienced.  My last cut was July 28, Tuesday .125mg. Starting Wednesday (7/29) I resumed taking the full .5mg dose and have been there for four days.  Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

I apologize for being slow to catch on but I thought the plan for a 10% reduction is .05mg per day so that over 14 days I've cut .7mg total. At a 7% cut per day or .03mg I've cut .42mg over 14 days. I'm way too confused. I'm agreeable to the 7% reduction but unsure if I'm correct on how to get there. Please correct my math if I'm wrong.

Judy,

The daily cut would not be 7% it would be .7%.  Instead of cutting 10% and holding 14 days I suggested breaking it up into 14 small cuts 10%/14=.7%.  So each day you would drop by .7% and 14 of these will add up to 10%.

As Builder pointed out, another way to look at this is your current 10% cut is .5ml.  Instead of going immediately down by .5ml you would go down by .5ml/14=.036ml each day.

Well, I drank the full .5 mg dissolved tablet two days in a row and got some 1ml syringes from vet so I'm ready to start my daily liquid taper tomorrow as you suggested. However I am wondering if I am being premature in starting since between July 22 and July 28 I cut a total of .75mg and am only now beginning to recover from the WD I experienced.  My last cut was July 28, Tuesday .125mg. Starting Wednesday (7/29) I resumed taking the full .5mg dose and have been there for four days.  Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

Speaking as an impatient person who was very sorry she did not hold long enough, I'd say wait a couple more days. ;)

Judy,

I agree with Gardener.  You just reinstated a big cut AND have just switched to liquid dosing.  I'd hold steady - maybe for a week or two - whatever is needed, especially if you are getting tangible results from holding.

So I started on my road to taper, but did not start cutting. Because of the variance of the weight of each tablet and the possibility that the active K is not homogenous (not evenly distributed), I decided to err on the side of caution, pulverize the powder and then put the powder into capsules for two reasons:

1) to set a uniform average weight on which to calculate my cuts.

2) to first gauge any possible differences in how I feel transitioning from tablets to encapsulated powder (I have read that some have a problem going from tablets to liquid).

So, I made my first day and night capsules at the same weight as the original tablets (factoring in the added capsule weight). Within a few hours after dosing, I observed an increase in muscle aches and some insomnia, especially while trying to sleep (had to pop a couple Tylenol which I never have to do).

May be too soon to tell, but my sense is that there could be a difference in the breakdown; somehow, it feels as if I am not getting enough effect with the capsules which doesn't make sense. And since I mixed the powder well before encapsulating, I wouldn't think I'd notice any difference.

Should I experiment for another day on the capsules to see what happens, or should I go back to my original plan and starting shaving the tablets?

So I started on my road to taper, but did not start cutting. Because of the variance of the weight of each tablet and the possibility that the active K is not homogenous (not evenly distributed), I decided to err on the side of caution, pulverize the powder and then put the powder into capsules for two reasons:

1) to set a uniform average weight on which to calculate my cuts.

2) to first gauge any possible differences in how I feel transitioning from tablets to encapsulated powder (I have read that some have a problem going from tablets to liquid).

So, I made my first day and night capsules at the same weight as the original tablets (factoring in the added capsule weight). Within a few hours after dosing, I observed an increase in muscle aches and some insomnia, especially while trying to sleep (had to pop a couple Tylenol which I never have to do).

May be too soon to tell, but my sense is that there could be a difference in the breakdown; somehow, it feels as if I am not getting enough effect with the capsules which doesn't make sense. And since I mixed the powder well before encapsulating, I wouldn't think I'd notice any difference.

Should I experiment for another day on the capsules to see what happens, or should I go back to my original plan and starting shaving the tablets?

The capsules seem like a lot of work for very little gain, and based on result so far it seems like that gain may not be a gain at all.