Author Topic: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group  (Read 421375 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 12:32:09 am »
Thank you so much, buddies. the advice and kind words mean so much, especially when you are in a panic.

I am still on a dry dose and going to switch to liquid, but first I think I will switch from 3 times a day, to four times a day. I know my system [...] so sensitive, that every little switch seems major.

After I switch the dry dosing to 4 times a day, and adjust ok, then I will try switch to liquid. I will hold there for a bit to make sure I am ok with the liquid switch and then start microtaper.

does this sound like a good plan? Sorry, I seem so out of it. [...] this darn benzo brain. I want to check and recheck everything with others.

thanks soooooooooooooo much for the replies.

wecan16
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 12:44:48 am »
What a nice thread!  :smitten:
I can relate to very tiny pieces of pill, I got already [...] plastic containers for my future low doses. I will put the container on the scale, then I will tare the scale to get zero weight, then I am going to put a tiny filed piece previously weighed at the closer, but a bit lower, required weight.
Then I plan to use a very tiny spatula or a little spoon to adjust precisely the weight using powders.
After that I am going to identify the containers by writting the weight on them, this [...] the ID I always use, 1, 2, 3...are not good numbers for me, especially if having Cog fog  :D
After taking the dose I am going to make sure that no powder [...] in the container by adding water at the end several times and drink the washing water every time  :D
At lowest and ridiculous doses...I am going all the way to zero  :idiot:...I mean I am going to go as far as 0.0028 or 0.0026 mg :laugh: :D  :idiot: I am going to use a couple of agglomerates selected at random from the powder of a full pill.
I know, I am getting nuts  :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 12:49:09 am »
Thank you so much, buddies. the advice and kind words mean so much, especially when you are in a panic.

I am still on a dry dose and going to switch to liquid, but first I think I will switch from 3 times a day, to four times a day. I know my system [...] so sensitive, that every little switch seems major.

After I switch the dry dosing to 4 times a day, and adjust ok, then I will try switch to liquid. I will hold there for a bit to make sure I am ok with the liquid switch and then start microtaper.

does this sound like a good plan? Sorry, I seem so out of it. [...] this darn benzo brain. I want to check and recheck everything with others.

thanks soooooooooooooo much for the replies.

wecan16

Yes that sounds like a GREAT plan. It's how I did it too.
Get used to liquid a bit and then start the taper.
I understand the having to verify with others. It's kind of a lonely process because you [...] don't know what to do or can't think straight some days.

The spacing out doses helped me too.
[...] you'll settle soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 12:51:15 am »
sounds like you are doing well, [...]. and thanks, [...]. it's amazing how some nice feedback can bring your spirits up and give you some[...] :-)

wecan16

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 12:55:01 am »
sounds like you are doing well, [...]. and thanks, [...]. it's amazing how some nice feedback can bring your spirits up and give you some[...] :-)

wecan16

:thumbsup:
I know! It's what I clung to at the start of my taper.

:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 12:58:49 am »
By the way, [...]. I had a reaction to MRI dye, too. it was hellish. I almost peed myself right on the table and had a huge panic attack.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 01:02:02 am »
By the way, [...]. I had a reaction to MRI dye, too. it was hellish. I almost peed myself right on the table and had a huge panic attack.

Yes, it awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It when my vertigo started and I got put on benzo's for anxiety. Little did I know.. It was " [...]" the dye.

Are you planning on titrating your benzo or get a prescription for liquid Ativan ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 01:39:26 am »
Thanks for starting this support thread. [...], you are almost there!!  Congratulations.

I am doing a water titration to taper from Ativan. I went through a successful taper back in 2007 using this method. Like Ben, I also got all of my information from the old yahoo benzo support group. The titration spreadsheets and instructions on how to prepare daily dosages can still be downloaded from the site. I only dose three times a day, and that seems to be enough for me. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 01:57:33 am »
[...],

one of my biggest issues [...] the dizziness vertigo that really flared up during this taper because I went too darn fast. but lesson learned. I'm not quite sure if my doc will prescribe liquid benzos. I guess I will see. but i'll likely [...] try the titration methods.

and nice to hear your story, [...]. that you were able to do it before and are doing it again. It sure gives me[...] I can make it through. sometimes it feels endless. :sick: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 01:58:06 am »

wecan16

Hi Wecan, I love your name  :smitten: I am not doing perfect but this [...] a journey like no other in my life, so better to enjoy windows when we can and laughing at myself [...] a field in which I am becoming an expert due to this crazy taper  :D