Author Topic: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group  (Read 468176 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group
« Reply #11850 on: September 02, 2021, 06:47:33 pm »
Hello MT group. Looking for similar stories where you had to slow your daily rate once you got lower in the taper. My rate got away from me to about 13% at 2mg and it [...] unbearable. Thinking of slowing to about 5% a month or so. Anyone car  to share a similar experience?

This link shows step by step how to use a dry or liquid taper generator
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator

You would want to use this tool to generate a curve that tappers a constant percentage all the way to your jump.
http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/direct/directForm.php

This [...] what the curve looks like.
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TimqNpPLtIKuj5SU5uFvMXah-twOQoYW

Please feel free to ask any questions. Godspeed.

This [...] all really great info. [...] to be sure I have it correct on your curve you have it set for 6% of each new dose and it calculates it all the way down?

Yes exactly right, itís a game changer!

I still donít really compute my brain [...] overwhelmed but I will have my husband look at this. I appreciate it so much. How did you decided on 6% every two weeks? By my record I was good around 7.5-9% a month but much over that I became non functional. I did try to slow to 6% once when I was at about 9 and it made me worse. The meds give me a toxic sick stimulating effect so I canít [...] to slow either. Do you [...] pick a rate for two weeks do it and see how you feel then adjust up or down? Thank you for sharing your experience.

Maybe consider doing a symptoms-based taper. I was doing tiny doses when I got low, so I did a little basic math along the way, but the real judge was symptoms. That revolutionized my taper. It was a brutal taper until I started basing everything on the symptoms. You'll get there any way you choose best!!
Hi Ultra-
What [...] you method for symptoms based taper? Do you pick a daily rate and not percentage and then lower the daily rate if you have more symptoms? How often are you changing the rate? Thanks!

I was ridiculously mega sensitive to practically any cut along the way, but even more so at the "lower" doses. I started at 6mg/day klonopin. I never did more than 2-3% monthly cuts during the whole journey. I would set those numbers up each month, but rarely did I follow them. If my cuts caused sx, then I [...] held as long as needed to calm down a bit and then get going again. After several weeks or a month I would recalculate my numbers again [...] so I was always determining percentages based on my current numbers (if that makes sense). I was having to work full-time throughout the entire ride (plus some surgeries and other life stressors), so increased sx seemed to always be an issue. The finish line got closer and closer with each passing month, so I [...] tried to keep that in mind. Hang in there!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11851 on: September 03, 2021, 04:02:38 pm »
Hello MT group. Looking for similar stories where you had to slow your daily rate once you got lower in the taper. My rate got away from me to about 13% at 2mg and it [...] unbearable. Thinking of slowing to about 5% a month or so. Anyone car  to share a similar experience?

You would want to use this tool to generate a curve that tappers a constant percentage all the way to your jump.

This [...] all really great info. [...] to be sure I have it correct on your curve you have it set for 6% of each new dose and it calculates it all the way down?

I still donít really compute my brain [...] overwhelmed but I will have my husband look at this. I appreciate it so much. How did you decided on 6% every two weeks? By my record I was good around 7.5-9% a month but much over that I became non functional. I did try to slow to 6% once when I was at about 9 and it made me worse. The meds give me a toxic sick stimulating effect so I canít [...] to slow either. Do you [...] pick a rate for two weeks do it and see how you feel then adjust up or down? Thank you for sharing your experience.

Maybe consider doing a symptoms-based taper. I was doing tiny doses when I got low, so I did a little basic math along the way, but the real judge was symptoms. That revolutionized my taper. It was a brutal taper until I started basing everything on the symptoms. You'll get there any way you choose best!!
Hi Ultra-
What [...] you method for symptoms based taper? Do you pick a daily rate and not percentage and then lower the daily rate if you have more symptoms? How often are you changing the rate? Thanks!

I was ridiculously mega sensitive to practically any cut along the way, but even more so at the "lower" doses. I started at 6mg/day klonopin. I never did more than 2-3% monthly cuts during the whole journey. I would set those numbers up each month, but rarely did I follow them. If my cuts caused sx, then I [...] held as long as needed to calm down a bit and then get going again. After several weeks or a month I would recalculate my numbers again [...] so I was always determining percentages based on my current numbers (if that makes sense). I was having to work full-time throughout the entire ride (plus some surgeries and other life stressors), so increased sx seemed to always be an issue. The finish line got closer and closer with each passing month, so I [...] tried to keep that in mind. Hang in there!!

Thank you for sharing Ultra! I [...] be in the same slow boat.

I have learned so much from this thread. Thank you everyone. I see after you all posted the conversion chart my big mistake was working off a daily set rate and not adjusting the % each month as I went down. The cuts became to big in these smaller doses.

I have been reading a lot of [...]'s posts on here and found them super helpful. I had tried a rescue dose and a [...] dose correct/increase both which gave me a stimulated effect which [...] scary. I have been holding but am becoming sicker by the day. Because of tolerance and paradoxically reaction I have always felt better tapering and was sick on the drug very shortly after starting it. I do have a very sensitized nervous system and would like to keep slowly cutting using the % adjust each month for my new dose the way the conversion chart shows and what [...] talks about. I am trying to find a safe starting point now. I am very toxic sick and lots of adrenaline since my [...] increase. Before the increase I had noticed that as the numbers got further past 9% I became non functional bed bound. Not stimulated like the up dose but [...] did not have the physical energy to lift my head. Now I am stuck in bed feeling revved up and don't have the energy to lift my head either. Holding makes me so sick. It's been 2.5 weeks and I am ready to [...] again. What [...] a good way to find a starting point. I don't want to remove to much because then I can't move and if I remove to little then I am stuck with so much adrenaline/ stimulating effect. How do you get started with a happy medium?

I have faith I will find the [...] spot and pull out of this as whenever I have held and started cuting  again it has always helped so much but I am aware that my daily rate and not adjusted for monthly % has come back to bite me. How do I start again without letting that happen?

[...] [...] still around on these threads?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11852 on: September 10, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »
Not sure if this [...] where I would ask about daily micro taper
🌷

[Buddie]

« Reply #11853 on: September 10, 2021, 02:23:29 pm »

Hi Ultra-

Thank you for sharing Ultra! I [...] be in the same slow boat.

I have learned so much from this thread. Thank you everyone. I see after you all posted the conversion chart my big mistake was working off a daily set rate and not adjusting the % each month as I went down. The cuts became to big in these smaller doses.

I have been reading a lot of [...]'s posts on here and found them super helpful. I had tried a rescue dose and a [...] dose correct/increase both which gave me a stimulated effect which [...] scary. I have been holding but am becoming sicker by the day. Because of tolerance and paradoxically reaction I have always felt better tapering and was sick on the drug very shortly after starting it. I do have a very sensitized nervous system and would like to keep slowly cutting using the % adjust each month for my new dose the way the conversion chart shows and what [...] talks about. I am trying to find a safe starting point now. I am very toxic sick and lots of adrenaline since my [...] increase. Before the increase I had noticed that as the numbers got further past 9% I became non functional bed bound. Not stimulated like the up dose but [...] did not have the physical energy to lift my head. Now I am stuck in bed feeling revved up and don't have the energy to lift my head either. Holding makes me so sick. It's been 2.5 weeks and I am ready to [...] again. What [...] a good way to find a starting point. I don't want to remove to much because then I can't move and if I remove to little then I am stuck with so much adrenaline/ stimulating effect. How do you get started with a happy medium?

I have faith I will find the [...] spot and pull out of this as whenever I have held and started cuting  again it has always helped so much but I am aware that my daily rate and not adjusted for monthly % has come back to bite me. How do I start again without letting that happen?

[...] [...] still around on these threads?

Actually, this [...] a great thread for asking about a daily micro taper. That's how this whole thread got started and worked wonders for years for so many. Unfortunately, [...] [...] no longer on the thread. He and I became friends off the thread and stay in touch, but he [...] had his fill with the thread since he was so good (great, actually) at the x's and o's of daily micro tapering. He's an engineer by trade, so he was really into the details of what it takes to taper successfully. I'd suggest that you reach out for someone named [...] here on BB's. [...] search until you locate him or maybe send a personal message. He's friendly and also great with advice. I'm sure he'd be happy to help with your starting dose to get going again. It's kind of a personal thing, so maybe think back to a dose[...] where you felt half way "decent" and start there, [...] be conservative. I'm sure Bob could jump in. Anyway, my best to you!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #11854 on: September 11, 2021, 10:25:35 pm »
Following this thread.

Iíve been methodically tapering (cut and hold) for over three years now but the 5-10% cuts are getting too difficult now. Looking to try a micro daily taper. Iíve been at this for so long and [...] a better strategy for the final lap.

Am viewing this thread from my phone so will read and add more once I can get to my computer.

Praying this helps!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #11855 on: September 12, 2021, 07:57:11 am »
Following this thread.

Iíve been methodically tapering (cut and hold) for over three years now but the 5-10% cuts are getting too difficult now. Looking to try a micro daily taper. Iíve been at this for so long and [...] a better strategy for the final lap.

Am viewing this thread from my phone so will read and add more once I can get to my computer.

Praying this helps!

[...]

Congratulations on your progress so far.  I do think micro tapering helps in the lower numbers.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11856 on: September 23, 2021, 06:09:46 pm »
Do you think there [...] a certain amount of people that do t stablize holding [...]and [...] to [...] slow their rate? Itís been a month. Some things are better some things are way worse. When do you decide to keep going? I was tolerant in a few weeks in this medication had an immediate cold turkey then reinstatement where I waited a year snd a half to try snd get stable before tapering. The major scary mental symptoms improved during that time but physically diss led and In bed in tolerance never improved until DMT. Now have hit a wall in the lower numbers as my set daily rate got higher.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11857 on: September 24, 2021, 09:40:39 am »
Can someone help me. Tapering larazepam. Very hard to taper. So Iíve been make cuts every 4 to 5 days .00167. Using compound capsules. Symptoms can be brutal. My worst symptom [...] anxiety. The rest are more mild. Sleeping still 6 to 7 hours with melatonin help. Not functional outside of home. Agoraphobia. Am I cutting too fast.
Every second day I have a bad day. My taper [...] never different. I follow a pattern. I held two over two weeks and still had a brutal day sometimes. Canít cut any smaller
Tulip

[Buddie]

« Reply #11858 on: September 24, 2021, 01:06:54 pm »
Can someone help me. Tapering larazepam. Very hard to taper. So Iíve been make cuts every 4 to 5 days .00167. Using compound capsules. Symptoms can be brutal. My worst symptom [...] anxiety. The rest are more mild. Sleeping still 6 to 7 hours with melatonin help. Not functional outside of home. Agoraphobia. Am I cutting too fast.
Every second day I have a bad day. My taper [...] never different. I follow a pattern. I held two over two weeks and still had a brutal day sometimes. Canít cut any smaller
Tulip

This [...] a question you can only ask yourself if your cutting too fast.  I like the saying I've heard around here " heal faster then you cut". Your at a very low dose so even know your cuts are very [...] they have a big impact. If you you want to function better then slow down. Your body [...] telling all you [...] to know and you have a clear pattern that probably not going to change. If I were you I would hold till I got to a functional point and take smaller cut. It's best not to put time limits on our tapering. Lack of patience [...] our biggest enemy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11859 on: September 24, 2021, 01:16:40 pm »
I held before for two weeks and found that taking the medication made me feel sick. And the only symptoms that got better were the mental bone physical ones donít   I usually get one good day and one bad day. Weird pattern. Canít break it. I thought people that micro cut [...] cuts daily I canít
Tulip