Vogue 2014:"The Truth About Prescription Pills: One Writer’s Story of Anxiety"

[La...]

Well written article. But increasingly I find myself wondering, why isn't this on the evening news? Why isn't this getting wider press coverage? Food borne illnesses, illnesses from people not getting vaccinated, ebola, none of these things effect as many people as benzos. I was reading something today that was estimating 500,000 in the UK alone. If you add the rest of the world that means millions and millions of people suffering great harm and damage.

Sometimes I wish I had the courage to contact a news outlet but I'm in a field where the word getting out on this could greatly harm my ability to make a living. Maybe when I'm on the other side but not while I'm in the thick of it.

Thanks for posting this article. Forwarded it to family members, hopefully will help them understand what I am going through. I agree we should be seeing more of this on the news, but unfortunately the numbers also say that this is big bucks for Big Pharma, so I think we will not see much about it for a long while yet. I would love to be wrong.

Lapis...thank you again. You have posted some very good mainstream articles about this problem. I too wish they were headlines...these stories need a wider audience. It seems impossible this has been going on for 50 years. Unbelieveable.

Every day I am grateful I discovered the root of my illness...I consider myself lucky.

Healing to all,

Carita :smitten:

Hi All,

Glad to share what I find! Thanks for your comments too. And yes, please share this info with others. Sometimes it's easier for them to receive and understand it if it's written in a mainstream publication by someone else. There's validation in that.