Is my Klonopin Pill able to be titrated. How can I know. I'm new at titration.

[da...]

That's about it.  My pill can be cut though and it disolves in water (kind of disappears). I asked a pharmacist and he didn't know about the titration method.  Would appreciate some help.  Pill says 2531V on it.        Thanks      Dancat

That's about it.  My pill can be cut though and it disolves in water (kind of disappears). I asked a pharmacist and he didn't know about the titration method.  Would appreciate some help.  Pill says 2531V on it.        Thanks      Dancat

The tablet breaks sown in water, but the K does not dissolve

It will, however, dissolve in full-fat milk, or a little bit of alcohol. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

I'm sorry I just don't understand it.  I for testing purposes put a klonopin pill in a plastic cup of water.  I waited about 5 minutes and stirred it.  I stirred for about 2 minutes or even more.  It then seemed to dissolve and I noticed small particles all around my cup.  I had to put it under a light to notice them.  Some were suspended near the top.  My question is: is this OK?  Can I then go about titrating like I saw in the video. Was this pill a "good" pill for titrating.  That's all.        Thanks so Much for Your Patience.  I'm a Dummy!              Dancat

Your pill is made up of more than just the benzo.  There are other pill fillers which do dissolve in water.  The benzo itself doesn't dissolve.  It needs to be dissolved in either milk or alcohol as builder said.  Once dissolved then you can do a titration taper.  If you use water it will not disperse evenly. What mg pills are you using?

Let us know if you have other questions?

Stay strong!

sharkey

I'm sorry I just don't understand it.  I for testing purposes put a klonopin pill in a plastic cup of water.  I waited about 5 minutes and stirred it.  I stirred for about 2 minutes or even more.  It then seemed to dissolve and I noticed small particles all around my cup.  I had to put it under a light to notice them.  Some were suspeded near the top.  My question is: is this OK?  Can I then go about titrating like I saw in the video. Was this pill a "good" pill for titrating.  That's all.        Thanks so Much for Your Patience.  I'm a Dummy!              Dancat

If you drop a sugar cube in a glass of cold tea, the sugar cube will disintegrate, break down. but its still just a bunch of sugar crystals laying in the bottom of the glass.  It did NOT dissolve.  You still have a glass of unsweetened tea, with a pile of sugar laying on the bottom.  Most of the glass will still be unsweetened, but the last couple of swallows will be sickiningly oversweet.,

Plain water will not give you satisfactory results for tapering because K is NOT water-soluble,and the actual med, klonopin, will NOT be evenly dispersed in the water.  So when you pull your dose, you might get no actual med in the dose, or you might get a whole bunch of med in the dose.  The point is you won't know how much med you actually are getting, which is why it won't work for titration.

But...K IS soluble in even very small amount of alcohol, then that solution can be further diluted with water.  You can dissolve 1mg of K in 1ml of 80 proof vodka, and then dilute it with 99ml of water, and you will have a uniform solution with .01mg of K in every ml of the liquid.

Thanks Sharkey and Builder.  I get the picture now.  I only have 1 mg. pills or I would cut. I think that answers your question Sharkey.  I was hoping I could do it with water by stirring quickly for a significant time and throwing it in the beaker and then chug-a-luging it immediately.  I was at first, only concerned if the pill was titratable.  I read somewhere some are not.

Oh, by the way, there is room for error as I am just starting out.  I think I might have to cut which will be difficult because I have arthritis and a slight tremor (not caused by drugs or alcohol etc.)

Also, I read something by Colin about putting water in and drinking 3/4 of mixture.  I thought it could done albeit badly.

Guys, thanks so much for taking the time and patience.  And of course, please load me up with suggestions if you can.  I really appreciate it. Anything you can think of.                      Again Thanks and Congratulations on Your Recovery              dancat

You could dissolve your 1mg pill in 2ml of high proof alcohol like vodka.  Then add 98ml of water and do a daily reduction of .5ml a day which would be 7% every 2 weeks.  It is conservative but once you get use to it you could speed up or slow down based on how you feel.  Make sense?

Stay strong!

sharkey

• 1 month later...
Do you think .5, .4, .3, .25 or so is a good method to stop? I'm trying to make it as a rapid as possible, but not cold turkey? I was only on for three weeks so far remember. And my use wasn't very consistent at all. What do you think about skipping days? Does that help?

Do you think .5, .4, .3, .25 or so is a good method to stop? I'm trying to make it as a rapid as possible, but not cold turkey? I was only on for three weeks so far remember. And my use wasn't very consistent at all. What do you think about skipping days? Does that help?

A consistent, steady daily reduction has shown the best results from my experience and reading here.  The up and down from skipping days can confuse the body and mind and make things worse.

Seeing that 1mg klonopin will dissolve in 1ml vodka (80 proof) or full fat milk is extremely helpful!  Seeing that 1ml is relatively very small do you or anyone else advise this if recovered alcoholic?  Is it easier to see the dissolvement in the vodka versus the milk?

Seeing that 1mg klonopin will dissolve in 1ml vodka (80 proof) or full fat milk is extremely helpful!  Seeing that 1ml is relatively very small do you or anyone else advise this if recovered alcoholic?  Is it easier to see the dissolvement in the vodka versus the milk?

Im a recovered alcoholic, I think if my acohol to dissolve my pills like rubbing alcohol.  I could drink it but it would probably kill me lol.  I prefer acohol because i can clearing see the pill dissolved (minus the pill fillers) and I can keep my doses at room temperature.  If you cant be around alcohol maybe someone else can do it that part for you.  The alcohol amount is so small I can't taste it in the solution.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thank you for Your input.  I too want to see it dissolved and will try this.  New to this site and trying to navigate around.  I am not the patient i am the caregiver/significant other and just want to help and do the right thing fir my partner who is struggling.  Will withdrawal symptoms subside?  Think we may have been too aggressive this far and experiencing protracted withdrawal.  Have not made a cut now since 6/8.  Been controlling symptoms with supplements of GABA, magnesium, b complex  and antihistamines.  Has anyone heard of the road back program it's supplements as well?  Want and need to move forward again but want as much info and to be as prepared as we can be.  Mostly symptoms are body aches sweating numb tingly hands & feet some depression and crying because wants to enjoy life again and bring productive in society.  The help and information here is invaluable!  Thanks to all  :'(

Thank you for Your input.  I too want to see it dissolved and will try this.  New to this site and trying to navigate around.  I am not the patient i am the caregiver/significant other and just want to help and do the right thing fir my partner who is struggling.  Will withdrawal symptoms subside?  Think we may have been too aggressive this far and experiencing protracted withdrawal.  Have not made a cut now since 6/8.  Been controlling symptoms with supplements of GABA, magnesium, b complex  and antihistamines.  Has anyone heard of the road back program it's supplements as well?  Want and need to move forward again but want as much info and to be as prepared as we can be.  Mostly symptoms are body aches sweating numb tingly hands & feet some depression and crying because wants to enjoy life again and bring productive in society.  The help and information here is invaluable!  Thanks to all  :'(

How large of a cut?  From __mg to ___mg?  It has been 3 weeks which is fairly normal for a large cut.  I would recommend holding until these symptoms subside.

So withdrawal symptoms will subside?  That's encouraging.  Didn't think they would!  Start 6/8 @ 1.5 mg cut .5 mg

he insisted on reducing today so dry cut crushed and added to applesauce reduction of .0625mg.  Takes 4xday so 2 under belt symptoms cold and little shaky.  Usually anytime now and the next 5 hrs or so are when the umpires start.  Can't sit still we either walk (if not too hot) for 1/2 - 1 hr or take drive for as long for distraction.  We'll see how it goes

So withdrawal symptoms will subside?  That's encouraging.  Didn't think they would!  Start 6/8 @ 1.5 mg cut .5 mg

he insisted on reducing today so dry cut crushed and added to applesauce reduction of .0625mg.  Takes 4xday so 2 under belt symptoms cold and little shaky.  Usually anytime now and the next 5 hrs or so are when the umpires start.  Can't sit still we either walk (if not too hot) for 1/2 - 1 hr or take drive for as long for distraction.  We'll see how it goes

Try to remember what you are going through now and compare to some bad days before the taper.  When you start feeling like you did before you strarted tapering, it is time to cut again.  You may want to look into daily micro tapering,  there is link in my signature if you want to check it out.  Cut and hold usually works good for a while but sometimes people hit a wall at lower doses.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks and will look into micro tapering link.  Today is progressively getting worse so back up dose tomorrow and will hold for a bit.  Trying to stay strong.

Is it ok to use water for Temazepam.  I started liquid titration on Friday. I am using water

I'm not too familiar with T.  I did a quick search and it seems to be similar to all the other common benzos in that it is very slightly soluble in water (meaning not really enough to be useful) and it does better in alcohol.  So, if you want to dissolve it, which I recommend, you might give the alcohol/water method a try.  Just suspending it in water can be made to work if you have enough attention to detail and skill, but why not dissolve it?

I started with water.  Is it to late to change?  I am so scared that I may do something to cause withdrawals

I thought that we are to stay clear of alcohol because of the GABA recepters?  How much alcohol should I use?

You use a tiny amount - just enough to dissolve the benzo in one pill.  Most people seem to like to use 2ml, which is about a thimble full.  Not enough to cause any problems.  Then once it is dissolved you top it up with a lot of water to make at least 100ml.

Go to the microtaper support thread to meet up with others doing this.