recovered from xanax addiction, from a baby boomer.

[ar...]

8)  One month 5 days since stopping  alprazolam (xanax. kalma) cold turkey , I can report I am feeling back to normal. I experienced derealisation , vertigo , ataxia , malaise , spaciness /lack of concentration, the worst the first week ,when my husband said I looked dazed and noticed I was having trouble walking in a straight line. I  also could barely throw the ball once to the dog . The derealisation disappeared the second week , but  the other symptoms persisted. I'm still not sleeping that easily like before the benzo episode.  I was taking  a small dose less that .25 only- .125 or less & only once a day at night, but for just over 12 months, & enough to cause an addiction.

I may have had tolerance withdrawal symptoms last year,when I went to the hospital with nausea ,staggering to the right , vertigo and vomiting but was misdiagonsed  with an ear virus.

I was a having trouble with a shingles reoccurance & with the fall out power plays after my father died a couple of years ago now.

I like 8) this  forum  a lot and would sit glued to it, when I was not feeling well , which was a lot of the day, this last month . Thanks to the administrators etc  ;D , for all this .

I hope now I can get on with my life in a more positive way learn the key board ,ski in July though I'll always probably be a worrier/ overreacting type :crazy:but :yippee:

• Like 1

Hi arafurapearl,

So happy to hear that you are feeling great after 1 month out and thank you so much for stopping by with your update!!  :yippee:

T2 :smitten:

Actually T2 she is only 1 month 5 days off.  You are doing great and hope you continue to feel better and better.  Thanks for sharing your story!

mal :smitten:

Hi arafurapearl,

Thank you for letting us know how much you have improved. Of course, we tend here much more from those that continue to have problems - this tends to skew the perception of likely recovery times. It helps no end to here from those, such as yourself, that have recovered in weeks rather than months. The reality is that most people, so long as they taper at a sensible rate, feel well pretty soon after their last pill.