14 Months off And Feeling Great

[Sa...]

Just hit my 14th month mark. Been feeling better since 10 months off the Ativan. Since then I've been getting much better each day, the only things that are left from that terrible withdrawal I had was anxiety (original symptom), memory loss and OCD. All of it has been getting much better. I've been healed and I'm glad I listened to people who were short time users like I was, that said I'd most likely heal around the one year mark like they did. I wasn't sure if I would because my mind kept playing tricks on me and I kept believing all those damn benzo lies. Don't believe those stupid lies! That's all they are, too. The average person that took benzos less than 6 months heals at around a year it seems. The ones that took them after 6 months heal at around 18 months. People that took them over 2 years heal about 26 months out. This is just from what I gather from the many people I've spoken to that healed. I recently had a few beers the other night and didn't get revved up either. I waited 14 months to have beer and I finally drank some. I felt great the next day, Without any type of withdrawal sxs at all.  :D I'm grateful for that. I can even drink coffee now. Thank you Benzo Buddies for always telling me not to get back on those stupid meds. There were so many times I wanted to reinstate, after being in extreme mental and physical pain, you guys told me it wouldn't be a good idea. You were right! There were times in early w/d where I couldn't even shower and I smelled like a dump truck. Now I'm showering everyday. All that fear has lifted as well. Thank God!  :)

Congrats save me !! I just got a window today I'm about 6 months out and hopin I can heal by a year I have been in a bad wave for a month and didn't think I'd get another window so I hope the worst of this is over .

I hope so too! Just hang in there and try to be as healthy as you can. Don't listen to your mind telling you how much you aren't going to heal and so on. You'll be surprised how most of that mental sh!t just lifts really quick. Once you're healed, you'll know that you're healed, because it won't feel like a window, it will feel way better than it, bro. You'll feel like you did before you ever took the damn things that put you where you're at in the first place.

i'm happy for you saveme but i was a short term user and i'm not healed yet and i only took it for 6 weeks... i don't think it's wise to put a time line on healing... it's very disappointing to us other short termers that aren't healing.. i wish you all the best and i'm pleased you're healed i hope i'm next... i'm in month 17... good luck and be happy.... :smitten:

Well, I really don't want to get into other people's benzo experiences. I don't know how they were before the meds, so I can't really get into that. Plus I don't know if what they say is 100 or not, especially being that you were on it for 6 weeks only! There's so many other things that most likely you aren't telling me or anyone else. Something isn't adding up.

I've also met someone who for ever thought he was still in benzo withdrawal but found out it was just the same anxiety he had before being placed on the benzo and the w/d was long gone. That's why I try to stay out of those matters. Hope you turn a corner. It's unfortunate.

See, I kind of wanted to not turn this thread into a negative one. Stay positive. When you focus on negative thoughts it can throw you in another direction where you don't want to be. Think positive. Best of luck!

By the way. I am happy. Nice try on trying to ruin that happiness.  :thumbsup: I'm healed and will not sink down to the benzo gamer levels like some on Facebook do. Have a good one though.

There were some issues with some people on FB and I had to block them. Two dudes that showed their true colors. Wasn't sure if you were part of that or not. You said some things that made me suspect it. It's cool. I make it a point not to have too many in w/d as friends, unless they're respectful people.

On another note, it sucks you were only on it for 6 weeks. But that's the oddest thing I've ever heard. I guess anything is possible, but I'm also not sure how your health situation was prior to that. I don't know what other drugs you were on. I don't know if you're an alcoholic. I don't know any other factors that could have been the reason it's taking so long.

On me talking about people healing at the 1 year mark. That's a fact that most short term users heal at the 1 year mark. Look up the stats, too. There's a chart that explains that in full detail.

Save your drama and save your rude messages to me. If you want to be jealous that I'm healed than that's fine. But save your BS. I was letting people know my knowledge about people jelling at the one year mark. Many do heal at that time period. Don't hate that I'm healed. You won't get anywhere that way.

i'm sorry if i riled you... for some reason you are very defensive .. not sure why??? but this PM you sent me was not called for... I

edit: inappropriate content

i'm sorry if i riled you... for some reason you are very defensive .. not sure why??? but this PM you sent me was not called for... I

edit: inappropriate content

Leave this alone now, this is SaveMe's thread and your conflicts with him don't belong here.  I have addressed this issue with you via PM.

pianogirl

Congratulations SaveMe! So glad to hear this. I was only on 1 mg ativan for 6 weeks, slow tapered, and while I am largely better, at 16 months post-jump I still have unequivocal benzo-related sxs, so timelines for healing can vary from person to person.

Nonetheless, your success is a testament to healing power of time! Enjoy.

laser

Went back and read some of your early posts and it sounds like your doing excellent.

Day-164 here and walking away from Ativan one step at a time. Happy for you.

Congratulations SaveMe !  :thumbsup:

This is rather unfortunate. I just came across this thread and read it thoroughly. Both SaveMe and All by myself are incorrect.

However, SaveMe could really learn how to read statistics better. And this coming from a nun.  :D Haha. If you read the information below the healing chart it says. "When people felt healed or mostly recovered". It would make sense that a small majority would feel mostly recovered at the 1 year mark. This process lasts up to 2 years. So many people in their success stories that the worst of it was over by the 1 year mark.

You may have also forgot to check the other data that was pulled from those surveys. It also demonstrated that age plays an important factor I'm healing times. By the sounds of it, ABM is an older woman. Women also took longer to heal than men. So, it certainly is possible for someone who took it short-term to have a long withdrawal.

If you are healed, the least you could do is take time to learn the facts before using it in an argument.

SaveME, so happy and proud of you. Your success story should give

people a lot of hope, well done mate. Hey ? and cheers , can't wait to have my first

beer , just for fun....nothing else. :):smitten:

P.S. Please don't get upset about negative comments here, some follks

are quite ill, they are desperate, nothing personal.