Remron help anyone?

[4k...]

[1c...]

I take 45 mg of Remeron at bedtime and fall asleep within 30 minutes.  For me, it is a great aid for falling asleep.  Not so much for staying asleep, though.  I usually wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning, and am unable to fall back asleep.

A lot of people on this forum find it useful for both falling and staying asleep, though.  I just happen to be one of the few who can't seem to stay asleep on it.

[3e...]
I take a very small piece of a 15 mg Remeron whenever I have insomnia, about 3.75mg? Anyway, it works and it keeps me asleep. I dont take it every day though. I did take 7.5 mg of Remeron for 2 1/2 yrs, along wit 25 mg Zoloft and .5mg Klonopin back in 2008. It was an easy med to start and stop. Good luck.  :thumbsup:

[3e...]
Alot of BBs like Unisom, the one that contains DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE. Its not as strong as Remeron. They take 1/2 of a 25mg pill.

I take 15mg. of Remeron at night, been using it for at least 10 years. It really does help me sleep, with no side effects.

I've tried Unisom and it didn't work well at all.

Hope you can get some relief.

RG

I tried Remeron during my Ambien taper for a while, with some success. The first night I took 15mg along with 10 mg of Ambien and when I got up to go to the bathroom I felt that the floor was rocking like a ship and I had a very hard time controlling the movement of my mouth to talk. I did however get 9 very badly needed hours of sleep.

Remeron gave me a very dry mouth and ended up clogging my nose up so bad that I had to sit up in a chair for 3 hours until the side effects wore off enough for me to sleep. I stopped taking it. Also, this drug has a very long half-life and dragged me down all day long.

I tried switching to Tazodone which had a much more pleasant sensation for me. My starting dose of 50mg was not enough to fall asleep and when I added more, my nose stuffed up again. I got off of the Ambien in less than 2 weeks (too fast), assuming that one of the other drugs will help me ride out the rebound insomnia. Now I am stuck with nothing but the natural approach. I never would have thought that a person could go for 4 nights with almost no sleep and still be standing.

You might want to consider taking Trazodone instead of Remeron, especially if you can tolerate any side effects. Trazodone has a much shorter half-life so you can function better doing the day and I found that it gave me a slight buzz that actually felt good. It is sometimes used to fight anxiety as well as depression so it could be a little extra helpful. Good luck!

One time I took 50mg. Of Trazadone and I had the worst hangover the next day. It was BAD!! Never tried it again.

I took 22.5mg of remeron for almost 3 years for sleep and severe anxiety.  It is a powerful sleep aid (especially at lower doses), and an effective antidepressant/anxiolytic.  The only side effect was dry  mouth. 

When I stopped, I did a 2 week taper, then off...no WD sxs at all.  I still continued to take very small doses 3.75mg) occasionally for sleep.