Newbies --> Success IS possible

[Ja...]

I have been helped out immensely by the good folks on this forum, and I hope I can do the same for those who are struggling.

When I first got on the klonopin, I thought it was a miracle drug. I felt relaxed, calm, collected... all that good stuff. I didn't notice any problems for a couple YEARS! Eventually though, I noticed that my memory has severely dulled and impaired. Shortly after, I started to get other side effects.

I tried a few times to cold-turkey, but it was excruciating.

I came to the realization that I had to take the crap just to feel NORMAL. I was hooked. At this point I was going into my third year of law school and getting ready to take the bar exam the following summer. Amongst other things, I needed my memory back!!

I finally got the nerve to get off, before I had to go up. IT WAS ABSOLUTE HELL getting off this crap. HOWEVER, today 9+ months later ( alittle over a month and a half off), I am clean. I can honestly tell you that my worst day off the crap is MUCH MUCH better than my best day on it. I will get a bad day every once in awhile - but they are greatly outnumbered by the good. I feel so free. I can think again!!!

I'm going into my preparation for the bar exam feeling reawakened!! I haven't felt so good in a LONG LONG LONG time... and I owe much of it to the fine people here.

Newbies - if you keep pressing through it, YOU CAN HAVE IT TOO!!! Don't get me wrong, it is hell to get off of... but WELL WORTH IT!!! i promise you.

JT

OH, also... about 2 weeks ago I had the plaeasure of flushing the klonopin I had remainig down the toilet! BYE BYE!!! haha. Damn did that feel good!!! Very very liberating.

I have been helped out immensely by the good folks on this forum, and I hope I can do the same for those who are struggling.

When I first got on the klonopin, I thought it was a miracle drug. I felt relaxed, calm, collected... all that good stuff. I didn't notice any problems for a couple YEARS! Eventually though, I noticed that my memory has severely dulled and impaired. Shortly after, I started to get other side effects.

I tried a few times to cold-turkey, but it was excruciating.

I came to the realization that I had to take the crap just to feel NORMAL. I was hooked. At this point I was going into my third year of law school and getting ready to take the bar exam the following summer. Amongst other things, I needed my memory back!!

I finally got the nerve to get off, before I had to go up. IT WAS ABSOLUTE HELL getting off this crap. HOWEVER, today 9+ months later ( alittle over a month and a half off), I am clean. I can honestly tell you that my worst day off the crap is MUCH MUCH better than my best day on it. I will get a bad day every once in awhile - but they are greatly outnumbered by the good. I feel so free. I can think again!!!

I'm going into my preparation for the bar exam feeling reawakened!! I haven't felt so good in a LONG LONG LONG time... and I owe much of it to the fine people here.

Newbies - if you keep pressing through it, YOU CAN HAVE IT TOO!!! Don't get me wrong, it is hell to get off of... but WELL WORTH IT!!! i promise you.

JT

That's how I feel, too, JayTee.  ;D  Thanks for taking the time to come back and encourage those who are still doubting they will ever feel good again.

And good luck with the bar exam.  :thumbsup:

That's great. I'm so glad you are doing so well. Thanks for sharing. I wish you tons of success for your exam!. Good luck .Kel

Hi JT,

Thanks for writing about how you now feel, being off benzos. It is quite amazing how much better we can think without these drugs.

Good luck with your exams. :thumbsup: