Author Topic: What are some bland, nutritous, non irritating foods to eat?  (Read 2342 times)

[Buddie]

I'm really struggling here.  This really can't be happening.

Even some of my staple foods, veggies and lean meats are causing major stomach aches today.

I'm HOPING that my problem was/is taking apple cider vinegar for candida, 3 tablespoons a day with water.  I've read that too much can cause stomach irritation.

Tried the cereal w/ soy milk this morning, went psychotic.  At a banana, sweated like crazy, went crazy, didn't sleep.

I'm down to fish, eggs, and nuts. I hope that the meet and vegetables don't cause anymore probs.

I'm going crazy with the foods here, i wish i only had the WD to deal with, and not this HUGE obsession about the diet.
Apparently i can't handle the carbs, sugar, any spices etc.

Thanks for the advice.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: What are some bland, nutritous, non irritating foods to eat?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:31:28 am »
I hope I don't have to go back to meal replacement crap >:(
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:27 am »

I haven't been able to eat much while tapering/titrating off klonapin due to stomach upset and nausea.I started to get really obsessive about not being able to eat and the best advice my doctor gave me was eat when u want to don't eat when u don't want to. The moment he said that it allowed me to release my fears. I still eat only one decent meal a day and have lost 14 lbs on a very thin body to begin with but I don't worry about it anymore. I know its a part of this process and when my body is ready to eat it will! I have a whole life ahead of me to eat!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:31 am »

I haven't been able to eat much while tapering/titrating off klonapin due to stomach upset and nausea.I started to get really obsessive about not being able to eat and the best advice my doctor gave me was eat when u want to don't eat when u don't want to. The moment he said that it allowed me to release my fears. I still eat only one decent meal a day and have lost 14 lbs on a very thin body to begin with but I don't worry about it anymore. I know its a part of this process and when my body is ready to eat it will! I have a whole life ahead of me to eat!!!

Good point!  I've been eating more out of obligation than hunger.  This is all new to me, as i've never had trouble eating in my life, even the previous 5 attempts to come off these meds.

And putting on 40lbs from Zyprexa, i think i did enough eating for an entire village.

I've been exercising a lot, and have lost 25 of that 40lbs, and being an ex-bodybuilder, i feel obligated to get that protein.

After my horrible experience with cereal this morning, I had some fish (which i tolerate very well, nutritious protein and fat, omegas) and asparagus at around 2pm.  I really calmed down and I was able to teach well ( i tutor english online).

Then around 5pm, i decide to have some organic turkey meat and nuts. Screwed up my stomach and brain, and was just teaching and i was so lost, confused, revved up symptoms etc.

Maybe I'm bound for a seafood diet, lol.  I think i'm already starting to grow gills.

Regards,

Brian

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:33:15 am »
ASPERAGUS :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

LOL, omg, thanks for mentioning that word Brian. It's been driving me nuts since eating it on Saturday for supper and had me so revved up about 3 hrs. later, slammed my first window that I've ever  had in 10 months!!! And I couldn't get spear outta my head. OMG I'm brain dead.

I hear you so much with being obsessed about what to eat as there's little I can eat. I see what others eat here, I try it and bang I'm even worse. Only I'm not losing any weight :tickedoff: which is really sick that I have to suffer all this b.s. and still have benzo belly and nausea going on, don't want to eat anything.

I do like what [...] says very much, if I don't feel like eating then I don't need to, I hope. But what if I don't feel like eating, but the stomach is growling?? Now this is a dilemma for me as I then look for something to eat, and just can't find anything (I think the fish idea is also great as I too feel best I think when I do eat fish) Ok I'm rambling now, sorry. My mind is wondering and my fingers are tapping with nothing to say except I know how you feel with this food obsessing because you become scared to eat anything anymore due to stupid s/x's :tickedoff:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 01:45:45 am »

I never had an adverse reactions to food.but if your stomach is growling I think your body is telling you to eat! My stomach wasn't and still doesn't tell me to eat very often bc its usually nauseous or anxious.however, when it growls I eat otherwise I do not worry or obsess over it bc I will not get any better if I have one more thing to worry about.believe me none of our bodies will allow us to starve to death. No way.one thing I do always make sure to do when I can't eat though is drink plenty of fluids.that's important.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 01:46:26 am »
Maybe I'll just drink a bunch of ensure like an old person!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:22 am »
Asparagus did that to you?  Crazy!

But then again, it's not, I don't think that I haven't seen a food listed on this site that doesn't rev up someones symptoms.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:39 am »
[...],

you have no idea how lucky you are that no foods rev you up. I don't know if this is also the same for supplements for you also then?? But you say eat when the stomach growls, well again this would be easy if I knew what won't rev me up as it's almost everything, plus I can't take any of the whole arsenal of supps I have sitting on my counter (spent so much money I could have taken a little trip).

And yes, asparagus. This is why I had been asking what those veggies were called that we shouldn't eat......the crufu whatevers lol. Broccoli, cabbage etc. As I say, I get hungry, but am naseous. Hard to eat when you look and look, and don't know what won't make you feel worse. I can eat cheese, and never did dairy before this started. I'm starting to look like a cow lol (not due to weight as I've got about 25lbs of benzo belly driving me whacko which is enough!!)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:40 am »
I guess ignorance is bliss bc I never knew foods could rev up symptoms and to be really honest I don't buy into it too much. I understand each persons body is unique I just know that I see zero correlation (with my body) between food and symtpoms.the symptoms are just gonna come and I eat like a bird lately. Hopefully all this will be a blur real soon! I also do not use supplements. I don't believe in any of it. I take zoloft a tiny bit for depression and seroquel a tiny bit to sleep and that plenty enough medication for my tiny body.lol.good luck tho finding what works for you. Boy do I miss eating normally. But it will be back soon for all of us!the good news is this isn't permanent! Yay!