Important Survey - Please Participate ×

THere has to be something we can do!!

[do...]

I'm looking for anything to help the body heal.

Diet?

Yoga?

Mantras?

Anything?

My mind doesn't work very well if at all. Any benzo diets out there to rebuild, cleanse and help the brain body to heal?

The way I see it there might very well be some things out there that helps a little, but I think that a constant, frantic search for those things puts the mind and body under such a constant stress that that more than negates for any benefit those things might have.

It's like a fish in a net. The more he trashes about, the more stuck he gets.

Mantras are good, but there isn't a magic one out there that cures everything. Any positive mantra will do. "I'm strong and I'll get through this" or " Every day in every way, I'm getting closer to healing"

Eat healthily, but I don't believe in getting obsessed with diets. Again, more stress for the body and mind.

Yoga might be good, but so is simple stretching, warm baths, hugs, petting animals and so on.

I think it's important to not overcomplicate things or put unreasonable demands on ourselves.

I understand that and so am I, but what I learned the hard way is that "following" that desperation in a frantic search makes it worse and not better however counterintuitive that may sound. It's better to find a few things and stick with them instead of constantly searching for "better" things, in my experience.

Noveg.. Just very desparate

I know you are desperate Dolphins, we search for anything that just might make it a little more bearable for us.    I drove myself crazy looking for something..anything!!    We have to wait it out....you will recover from this hell, it really does get better.  I know you wont feel that way now, of course you won't.  I never thought I would get through it, I honestly lost hope I would get well again. 

Do what you can to distract yourself, take it hour by hour if you can. I couldn't look at the bigger picture and so existed hour by hour.

Keep hanging in, you will get your life back

Magrita :smitten:

Hi dolphins -  can see by your signature  you came off 5 months before me. It's been an horrendous experience, which only recently has begun to slowly improve. Like you I spent months looking for something to make my journey easier - nothing did. So I asked someone who's been through it if there was anything I could do to help, He said 'All you can do is bathe, eat, sleep and just keep your body alive, the rest is up to time & healing'.

Diet?

Yoga?

Mantras?

Anything?

My mind doesn't work very well if at all. Any benzo diets out there to rebuild, cleanse and help the brain body to heal?

Hiya Bruce.  The usual response to someone who has long term symptoms after jumping is to be patient and keep waiting.  You have had some replies along those lines.  Over the last few weeks I have seen several of your posts but until I looked through your previous posts I had assumed you were very anxious or depressed or something like that.  However there seems to be more a sense of anguish and also some untypical cognitive dysfunction. 

You also seem to be describing some sort of dissociation but it doesn't seem quite like the depersonalization or derealization often described here.

The cognitive problems you have described do not quite seem to be what many people here call cog fog (although the exact meaning of the term can be very subjective).  In particular I see you mention your mind jumping about and being in a "never ending state of confusion" with no ability to plan things.  This sounds a lot like inattention and you may wish to Google for "confusional states" to see if you resonate with any of the symptoms described there.  I found doing that was very useful.

If I was in your position I would most probably seek some further medical investigation. 

I am sure benzo withdrawal may be contributing to your symptoms but, in addition, benzo withdrawal may be unmasking something else. 

Here we go with the 'unmasking' drivel....

Hiya Cookienose.  You not having a good day?  If you don't understand a burden from one illness revealing ("unmasking") the presence of another then perhaps you can ask about it in a more constructive way.

Maybe you should move along because we're trying help Bruce here and your sniping isn't doing anything to help.  I've reported your post.

[90...]

Diet?

Yoga?

Mantras?

Anything?

Hiya Bruce.  The usual response to someone who has long term symptoms after jumping is to be patient and keep waiting.  You have had some replies along those lines.  Over the last few weeks I have seen several of your posts but until I looked through your previous posts I had assumed you were very anxious or depressed or something like that.  However there seems to be more a sense of anguish and also some untypical cognitive dysfunction. 

You also seem to be describing some sort of dissociation but it doesn't seem quite like the depersonalization or derealization often described here.

The cognitive problems you have described do not quite seem to be what many people here call cog fog (although the exact meaning of the term can be very subjective).  In particular I see you mention your mind jumping about and being in a "never ending state of confusion" with no ability to plan things.  This sounds a lot like inattention and you may wish to Google for "confusional states" to see if you resonate with any of the symptoms described there.  I found doing that was very useful.

If I was in your position I would most probably seek some further medical investigation. 

I am sure benzo withdrawal may be contributing to your symptoms but, in addition, benzo withdrawal may be unmasking something else.

I don't agree with the advice to "seek some further medical investigation" unless dolphins feels this is medically necessary.

Inattention is very much a part of cog fog. I have a lot of concentration and attention problems, but they come and go with my partial windows and waves, so I don't feel a reason to pursue unnecessary medical treatment that may involve more medication that would possibly set me back.

Most members who are having cognitive problems report similar problems with attention, as well as the complete loss of motivation.

I recently had a conversation with a friend about this, because she was concerned that my cognitive problems were occurring so far from my jump date.

But I told her I didn't have these problems last year until I started coming off of Klonopin. I think it's an amazing coincidence if something else was being "unmasked" at the exact same time I came off of Klonopin.

Diet?

Yoga?

Mantras?

Anything?

Braban,

I feel it is necessary to remind you to adhere to forum policies in terms of proposing a possible diagnosis based on what you read here on the forum. Even a doctor, which neither you or I are, would be in dangerous territory even suggesting a possible condition or disease.  Please read this forum guideline about giving medical advice.  Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice

pianogirl

I'll ask you to be respectful in your replies to members,  debate and discussion is most definitely allowed so let's keep this in mind when posting.

pianogirl

Personally, Dolphins, I wish I had a time machine to see how long this is going to take me!

I don't have a solution for you except to keep doing what you're doing and to give the whole process more time. 

Hiya Cookienose.  You not having a good day?  If you don't understand a burden from one illness revealing ("unmasking") the presence of another then perhaps you can ask about it in a more constructive way.

Maybe you should move along because we're trying help Bruce here and your sniping isn't doing anything to help.  I've reported your post.

We are trying to help Bruce here ? You are kidding...Braban.

I hope you're not drinking alcohol, a bit fishy....your perspectives are all over the

Forum....a Pharma Rep couldn't have done a better job......LOL. :laugh:

[90...]

I hope you're not drinking alcohol, a bit fishy....your perspectives are all over the

Morreweg, let's please be respectful and keep giving Bruce some positive vibes.

Maybe you should move along because we're trying help Bruce here and your

sniping isn't doing anything to help.  I've reported your post.

Agreed MS, mustn't let in negative vibes thou....we know how

damaging they can be.... :)

[90...]

Maybe you should move along because we're trying help Bruce here and your

sniping isn't doing anything to help.  I've reported your post.

Agreed MS, mustn't let in negative vibes thou....we know how

damaging they can be.... :)

Thank you.  :)

hello dolphins1 Im around 4 months off K and into the natural scene. The only reason I was on the rat poison was because at the time I was in an insomnia that was relentless . In the end I got off the k and regained My sleep to varying degrees.

Even after short term I went through hell on the k and getting off of it. I found NO help from My doc who only offered Me emotional support. Im no way healed however getting there slowly, here is what worked for Me !

In My opinion - sleep is job one along with proper nutrition - multi vitamin suppliment - working out lightly from yoga to walking or biking - stayed hydrated " I avoid high fructose corn syrup drinks and stuck to fruit juices mixed in with spring water - meditation " big time help " - I have genetic depression and the K made is much worse then and now however I have always balanced My neurochemical's with the right blend of nutrients and amino acids especially L-Tryptophan which I add to a bottle of spring water !  It has to be consumed in a special way as it competes with other amino acids trying to get through the blood brain barrier. I always take it by itself in water with a carb snack.

I am a strong believer in maintaining a well balanced neurochemistry as it alleviates the My symptoms of depression and anxiety and has help in this manor with K side effects on and off this drug.  I also avoided any stimulants like the plague especially caffeine no matter what its source including chocolate and even so called decaf coffee.  IMO this is what worked and is still working for Me - The rest is up to You to decide for Your Youself !  Gods Speed and healing and remember time is a major factor !

Reporting posts? Perhaps drivel was too strong a word.  How about considering the possibility of being dehydrated as cause of inattention? No need to go on Haldol or any other nonsense ...