Do I have to titrate these particular drugs?

[cr...]

I hope to taper off Klonopin,WEllbutrinXL,Trazodone, AmbienCR in the next months and years.  I can't figure out that liquid method (it's my brain). Do all of the above Meds do better with titration or will just cutting be ok and if some of them do, what will happen to me when I cut instead?  Thank you.

Not sure about the other drugs, but I do know that a lot of people have and are tapering Klonopin successfully using titration.  It is the easier method to make very small cuts daily.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I hope to taper off Klonopin,WEllbutrinXL,Trazodone, AmbienCR in the next months and years. I can't figure out that liquid method (it's my brain). Do all of the above Meds do better with titration or will just cutting be ok and if some of them do, what will happen to me when I cut instead?  Thank you.

What is it you can't "figure out"?  There really is nothing complicated or mysterious about liquid titration.

I'll be glad to try to help.

I agree with CTR, the titration video makes it look very difficult. It's really very simple, if you want to use milk, just jars and syringes. But, it's up to you. 

Somebody can walk you through it, the mls and mgs.

Jenny

Do all of the above Meds do better with titration or will just cutting be ok and if some of them do, what will happen to me when I cut instead?  Thank you.

From what I gather you can liquid titrate just about any med. Not really sure if it will be better than any other sensible taper method. Some people titrate well and others don't. You already know a lot of people here titrate the K with good results. The Ambien is a Z drug and similar to a benzo, so I don't see why you couldn't titrate that the same way. Wellbutrin and Trazadone are both AD's. Here is some of what Harvard Medical say's about tapering those.

"Discontinuing an antidepressant usually involves reducing your dose in increments, allowing two to six weeks or longer between dose reductions."

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/how-to-taper-off-your-antidepressant

Hope this helps,

TH

I hope to taper off Klonopin,WEllbutrinXL,Trazodone, AmbienCR in the next months and years. I can't figure out that liquid method (it's my brain). Do all of the above Meds do better with titration or will just cutting be ok and if some of them do, what will happen to me when I cut instead?  Thank you.

What is it you can't "figure out"?  There really is nothing complicated or mysterious about liquid titration.

Builder, where can I start learning the liquid titration methods? Never done it before, and just starting this journey.

Thanks!

Builder, where can I start learning the liquid titration methods? Never done it before, and just starting this journey.

Thanks!

You can start here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

I know only water titration. I feel it's made too complicated here. I am titrating amitriptyline right now. It's water soluble or, if not, mixes well with water. I make a bottle of liquid and use a cylinder to measure how much of it I will take: 50 ml, 49 ml, 48 ml etc. I don't need to crush the pills even, they solve into water, if you shake them with a small amount of water for a while.

You can compare it with tapering of whisky: you take 50 mls, 49 mls, 48 mls etc. Titration with milk is a bit more complicated, because you cannot make a whole bottle ready for you for weeks to come.

Titration with milk is a bit more complicated, because you cannot make a whole bottle ready for you for weeks to come.

You can make a batch for at least a week to come, what's wrong with that?

Titration with milk is a bit more complicated, because you cannot make a whole bottle ready for you for weeks to come.

You can make a batch for at least a week to come, what's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong then. My idea is that I use a bottle of 1,5 litres. I get around 30 portions of it. I use a smaller bottle, too. It's easier to pour from that when measuring.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I must have asked my question incorrectly. Please allow me to try again. Is it possible to dry cut your complete taper off of Klonopin, Ambien and Trazodone? And have it end just as successfully as if you had micro cut or done titration?  My brain doesn't work as well as others on this board, so I feel incompetent to do titration or micro cut. I am grateful that I understand dry cutting, but don't know if that will be good enough or successful enough for the whole taper.  Does anyone know?  Has anyone done it? Would someone please answer me, I wish I was brighter too, but I am trying to work with what I have and reach out to others for help.  Thank you.

Well, first you mention three drugs.  They need to be tapered one at a time and, unless one is problematic, I'd get rid of the ambien first or cross it to Klonopin.

Dry cutting K is a tough road.  It is too potent for that unless you use a .001g scale and a file, but that brings its own complications.  I'd really recommend allowing someone to walk you through the liquid method.  Your comment that it is complicated is an extremely common reaction and I can promise you it is unfounded, even for someone in a compromised mental state.  It really is easy and you will get it quickly.

Well, first you mention three drugs.  They need to be tapered one at a time and, unless one is problematic, I'd get rid of the ambien first or cross it to Klonopin.

Dry cutting K is a tough road.  It is too potent for that unless you use a .001g scale and a file, but that brings its own complications.  I'd really recommend allowing someone to walk you through the liquid method.  Your comment that it is complicated is an extremely common reaction and I can promise you it is unfounded, even for someone in a compromised mental state.  It really is easy and you will get it quickly.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liquid titration is certainly easier than dry cutting tablets!