Kelly Rippa and Xanax

[he...]

If you can go to the network, Twitter, etc about Kelly Rippa joking about taking xanax.  Tell them your story.  Ask for an apology and for God sake help save her from what we have had to endure. Here's the video clip. If everyone will contact the network it may help to open a door to have an open communication about what these drugs can do to people.

http://dadt.com/live/video/video-archive.html?bcpid=60464434001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAABGr2I4~,jeitpkmmkDllA6rsquA7r-uYVc4llSJA&bclid=1842962140001&bctid=4229867428001

'My first of, I'm sure, many'.  Scary comment.

Anderson Cooper also has mentioned Ambien a number of times.  Someone out to be watching out for Anderson, too.

:thumbsup:

It's sick she's talking about being a voice for those who are voiceless and marginalized and then she jokes about this.  We need to be all over her facebook, twitter and youtube videos expressing our opinions on this.  If we don't, who will? :tickedoff:

[23...]
This is gross. I didn't like her before, now I really really don't. "A zanny will calm you down" ..... so will deep breathing you freaking idiot  :tickedoff:

I certainly posted my disgust on the shows FB page, along with members of my FB group. I hope the people on BB flooded them with comments as well. We must be heard!

Lots of Pharma ads during Kelly's show. And during the evening news. Let's see if they take on Xanax. It's a killer story for any enterprising investigative journalist. But it might get killed higher up the ladder. Sorry to seem so cynical.

If you think 1/2 of a Xanax, first time, is bad, then do not watch Grace and Frankie.

Valium, Diazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Ambien… all mentioned, Valium is refernced a number of times.

Bummed to hear that about Grace and Frankie as I was looking forward to watching it when I can get the Netflix disks. :(

If you think 1/2 of a Xanax, first time, is bad, then do not watch Grace and Frankie.

Valium, Diazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Ambien… all mentioned, Valium is refernced a number of times.

I'm SO glad that you brought this up!! I binge watched the series over the weekend, and I don't know whether I'm more sad, angry or disgusted. Really, a combo of all three!

Lily is hyper afraid of earthquakes and goes into a full on panic attack when they experience an event. Lily crawls under a table and starts to panic and Jane offers these from her bag: 'here, try some Ativan, Xanax or how about Klonopin? Klonopin with wine is really the best combination!" This was the worst abuse of the drugs, but it went on and on! Ick!!!!

Awful show, awful writing, awful acting and awful benzo placement. M.

'here, try some Ativan, Xanax or how about Klonopin? Klonopin with wine is really the best combination!"

Maybe these kinds of lines will get benzos into the news and the consciousness, where the conversation can begin. Surely many will see a statement like this and be suspicious of benzos. Maybe we can then build the conversation from there.

Bummed to hear that about Grace and Frankie as I was looking forward to watching it when I can get the Netflix disks. :(

If you like Lily Tomlin, you may find enough to keep you watching. FJ. I've never been a big Jane Fonda fan, but Lily T has some great scenes. 

I also binge-watched it over the weekend because it was a good excuse to sloth for a few hours.  The first three episodes were the best. 

Yeah, I'll probably give it a shot.  We're all feeling pretty raw for jokes about benzos, but tragedy plus time equals comedy.  Almost everything eventually becomes the source of humor.  I don't stream stuff so wait to get the disks.