Thanks to all you buddies, I'm Klonopin free!

[Tr...]

After following the great advice on this board I'm happy to say I'm benzo free... well for 24 hours at least!

I didn't think I needed to do a taper after 10 years "as needed" but now I understand that I was probably dealing with interdose withdrawal. By switching to a daily dose and tapering down I've been able to step off at a very low dose and have been feeling much better the past few weeks. I don't have any desire to medicate with K again and I look forward to fully healing over the next few months.

Thanks so much to all the buddies here! Hope everyone else is doing well and knows that it can and does get better.

Benzo free...that is quite the accomplishment. You should be really proud of yourself. For the first time in ten years you never have to take another one again...fantastic news. :)

I've gone a week so far and I'm feeling OK. I can definitely feel that I'm off the Klonopin; I'm not quite as calm as I was a few weeks ago. I have a little anxiety but not nearly as bad as when I tried CT a couple months ago. It's nothing I can't handle and I trust this is much better for my body and mind in the long run.

Thanks! More than 2 weeks so far and I don't miss the K at all. I've been able to handle things soooo much better now. Whereas before I would be apt to hide from my concerns, now I just want to tackle them and take care of business.

Update: I start a new job in a week!

One of the reasons I was taking Klonopin was anxiety over being unemployed. Well, after 4 months of job hunting I finally scored a good position. I'm really confident about it now and know that I would be in a completely different mental state if i were still taking the K. Things are looking up!