I'm going mad

[an...]

help,i am seriously losing my mind,i can't even get away from myself,i feel like i have no control,this wd is overwhelming,i feel like i need to go to the hospital,i already been to the hosp many many times already,i feel like i am going to convluse even thoguh i haven't,i also got off 300 mgs of seroquel as well,and i am not sleeping,plus i am in protracted benzo wd,i feel like i am going to die,i feel like i just can't get away from myself,i can't even go outside,becouse i feel 20 times worse.Any suggestions,i can't even sit at my computer,any suggestions? Anyone feel like this? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

help,i am seriously losing my mind,i can't even get away from myself,i feel like i have no control,this wd is overwhelming,i feel like i need to go to the hospital,i already been to the hosp many many times already,i feel like i am going to convluse even thoguh i haven't,i also got off 300 mgs of seroquel as well,and i am not sleeping,plus i am in protracted benzo wd,i feel like i am going to die,i feel like i just can't get away from myself,i can't even go outside,becouse i feel 20 times worse.Any suggestions,i can't even sit at my computer,any suggestions? Anyone feel like this? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

You really need to try and calm yourself down. I used a body scan meditation thread that helped regulate my breathing and relaxed me. Here is a link to it... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=7469.msg83171#msg83171

Hi khowell.

Your not going mad or losing your mind. The symptoms you have are normal but you are making them much worse. Have you learned any coping techniques? If you don't learn how to control the anxiety it's going to continue this way. You wont convulse from benzo's after all this time, please let that fear go. Look on the insomnia board and get some tips for sleeping, and look at the panic/anxiety board. You need to lessen the anxiety and sleep will follow. Your brain is going 100 mph it's not surprising sleep is disturbed.

Hang in there

Amanda  :smitten:

thank you so much for your help,i will try harder to help myself,i was just really giving into it,easy to do,you know,one thing though,i was talking with my sister,and she mentioned to me that,i have no life ever since being off of klonopin, and shes right,i don't! I;m just sick all the time,and being this way makes me feel suicidal,even though i never tried to take my life,i feel whats the point in living this way,its pure torture! Thanks so much for your support! :sick: :sick: :crazy: :crazy: :sick: :'( :'(

thank you so much for your help,i will try harder to help myself,i was just really giving into it,easy to do,you know,one thing though,i was talking with my sister,and she mentioned to me that,i have no life ever since being off of klonopin, and shes right,i don't! I;m just sick all the time,and being this way makes me feel suicidal,even though i never tried to take my life,i feel whats the point in living this way,its pure torture! Thanks so much for your support! :sick: :sick: :crazy: :crazy: :sick: :'( :'(

You need to find something fun to occupy your mind/time!  :thumbsup:

Hey khow,

you're not alone, it's been creeping up on me for few days now too and hit me good today. youre' not crazy, is easier said than done tho when it sure feels like it. I had a good cry, hoping it helps, now just want to sleep so maybe it did. do deep breathing slowly and think of a tropical Island, it helps if you continue to do this learning how to do it better and better each time you do it

thanks everyone for your support,i did meditaion for 30 to 45 min,it made me kinda tired,i guess i didn't want to work at it,but it helps if you really let it,thank you! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. :sick::crazy: :crazy: :'( :sick:

thanks everyone for your support,i did meditaion for 30 to 45 min,it made me kinda tired,i guess i didn't want to work at it,but it helps if you really let it,thank you! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. :sick::crazy: :crazy: :'( :sick:

You have to work at it, it always puts me to sleep! That was a good thing when I was anxious.  :thumbsup:

That's great news khow,

Just as T2 said, it's how I too fall asleep at night. Otherwise I'd probably be in the psych ward by now. Hang in there and keep doing that, and you can change it up even and imagine the holy white light entering your body, cleansing and healing you :)

God Bless you with many healing angels to surround and fill your mind and body :angel:

Hi Kristine, I'm very sorry to hear about all your bad symptoms. I have found drinking "tension tamer" tea is very relaxing. It can be found at Target.  Some nights I'll have two cups and it helps. I haven't had all the benzo withdrawal sufferings that many other buddies have had, nevertheless, I'm no stranger to suffering either and I can relate to how you're feeling. My religious beliefs have really helped me to find deeper meaning for my sufferings and that gives me the strength to keep going. Regardless of what your religious beliefs may be, I believe that our suffering is some how a great opportunity to grow in strength, beauty, and character. I find the lives of people like Helen Kellar and others who have overcome great adversity and achieved great things to be very inspiring.  I know it may not be very consoling when you're in the throes of withdrawal, but I believe that our suffering is a blessing in disguise. I hope you feel better soon.

Hey Kristine,

you should go to your local doctor or psychiatrist and try to see if Phenobarbital might be appropriate for you. It is a barbituate/cross tolerant drug to benzo's that I was given while in detox.

It helped me immensely since I was forcefully cold turkeyed off of Klonopin. It let my brain slow down so that I could start getting

'windows' of no anxiety and less symptoms.

It is not even nearly as addictive as benzo's. I took it for 6 weeks on and off... gradually lowering my dose. Started off at 120mg during detox. Than next day 120mg, 90mg 60mg etc... But since your already off the benzos a safe dose is around 60mg-90 mg.

It builds up in your system so you have to taper off and not take the same amount every day or you can overdose and you don't want that.

Let me know if this helps... Good Luck....!!

And just so you know if I can cold turkey off this shit! and be 95% fine now after 5 months.. than so can you!! But I think it is important that your brain be given a break or some way to rest... and the best way really is only cross tolerant drugs such as phenobarbital...Alcohol is cross tolerant too but it is an anxiety promoter so it will just make your anxiety worse. Never drink alcohol again or take other mind altering substances...your body is way too precious.......Thank god I realized that after partying on Xanax/Klonopin and alcohol for a whole year after I turned 23.... I had never drank before that......and I never will again!!

I am 25 years old now.

Its against my religion too... Islam.. I can see why now!!! Sorry Allah!! Forgive me and Help Kristine Recover!!!

Hello Boyinhtown,

Just a heads up....I appreciate you trying to help, but it is against our forum policy and rules to recommend prescription medication to other members.  It's fine to have these discussions, but you just need to be careful to avoid being presciptive in your phrasing. 

We are not here in a professional capacity, and making recommendations like this can be dangerous.

Phenobarbital may be an appropriate med during a medically supervised benzo detox to prevent seizures, but Kristine has been off for some time and is not in danger of seizures.

Take care :)

Hi everyone,i just got out of the hospital,my sytmoms were soooo bad i had to go away and ride them out!  Feel a little better now,we'll see!  I am still on the same meds,i am in a partial hospital program now for a week,don't know if thats the answer. :sick:

Welcome back, kristine!  Glad you are feeling better.  Take it easy as you transition to "normal" life.  When I went into the epilepsy unit for a week back in October, I really did find that eating regular meals, choosing the healthy choices off the menu, sticking to a bit of a schedule while in the hospital helped me and I tried to continue that as much as I could when I got home.  So take it easy, stick with what worked for you at the hospital to help you feel better and I hope you continue to feel better!

well,i know the sytmoms are not gone yet,i am a long way from recovery,but i hope next years better! :crazy::sick: