Mentoring - those who are well (or better) reassuring those who struggle.

[Fl...]

Thanks, Fliprain.  I am reading through your progress log now.  I find it heartening to know you were where I am, and you are doing so much better now.  I am also thinking hard about how I can change my diet in a way that is doable for me, and in a way that may help me think more clearly. 

I'm very glad to have "met" you here, too.  :smitten:

Haimona

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [pr...]

• [No...]

• [bo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fliprain,

Your post is 6 years old but I see that you are still active in this site.

I feel the same you felt then, old timers were of a great help to me, when I was feeling horrible during the withdrawl process.

They can understand your fears and anxieties. They know about the physical and psychological symptoms because they've been there too, so you can open your heart to them and ask for advise and counseling.

THEY WERE SO IMPORTANT DURING MY RECOVERY

Need bit of hope will eventually recover. Severe mental symptoms, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, OCD type symptoms. 26 months off zopiclone, 8 months off AD. Started with mild intrusive thoughts, ramped up and developed OCD symptoms after taking AD. Severe at moment due to family stress. Basically can't do anything even go out for day. Anyone had mental symptoms?

Hi Leann,

Yep, major mental symptoms. Awful stuff like hiding out while my family gathered for a holiday meal. Leaving a grocery cart full at the checkout because it was suddenly too scary to go through the process of checking out and talking to people.

The best advice I got during this time was to simply weather it and try not to do anything destructive to either myself or others. There were still a lot of repairs to do to relationships.

Your best friends right now are mild movement, like stretching, meditation type mindfulness and the best food you can afford. Get rid of sugar and caffeine if you can. Eat a lot of brightly colored vegetables and fruits. They are like medicine.

There is a free meditation app called insight timer that has thousands of guided meditations and other soothing things. These help calm you and give you less cortisol and more space to heal.

This WILL pass. The hard part is simply surviving it.

Wishing you self compassion, self kindness.

Flip

• 3 weeks later...
I am lost in this entire website.  I write posts and cannot find them again to see if anyone responded.  I feel hopeless.  I don't think I will ever be myself again.  Help.  I do not even know what would help right now. 

I am lost in this entire website. I write posts and cannot find them again to see if anyone responded.  I feel hopeless.  I don't think I will ever be myself again.  Help.  I do not even know what would help right now.

Hi mom2mkld  :hug: click on your avatar as in the picture underneath it says 'show posts'' click on that and all you posts will come up, also when you log in click on 'Forum'' at the top when it opens  you will see your Avatar and next to it it says  ''new replies to your posts'' if anyone has answered

Screenshot_2021-04-25_Profile_of_mom2mkld.png?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 3 months later...

Need bit of hope will eventually recover. Severe mental symptoms, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, OCD type symptoms. 26 months off zopiclone, 8 months off AD. Started with mild intrusive thoughts, ramped up and developed OCD symptoms after taking AD. Severe at moment due to family stress. Basically can't do anything even go out for day. Anyone had mental symptoms?

Leann,

Yes! I honestly had very few "physical" symptoms.  95% of my symptoms were mental.  Anxiety, depression, paranoia (REALLY BAD), anger, you name it. 

My symptoms also "ramped up" when I tried an AD (Lexapro).

It took me longer than a lot of people to heal, but I DID heal and I truly believe you will too!  I've seen SO many people heal from this.

EVERY person that I went through this with from BenzoBuddies is now healed immensely and most have written a success story.

We would spent hours on the phone together thinking "we'll never heal" and "we're stuck like this".

Now all we can do is laugh and cry tears of joy that we're through it!!

I could not leave the house to even check the mail.  Now I travel as often as I can.

I would have to walk out of WalMart and leave my cart behind, or I would have to call a buddy to talk me through all my shopping.

I remember not being able to find the vegetable aisle one time while I was shopping and I thought I was going to have a full blow nervous breakdown where they'd take me away to a funny farm.

I remember driving at night having to pick my daughter up from an event and I couldn't look anywhere but straight in front of the car because I thought demons were going to jump out of the darkness.  CRAZY CRAZY things!!

It's all gone.

All of it.

Please, just take one day at a time.

Feed your brain with as much positivity as you can.

Try to not obsess over how you're feeling.

Distract Distract Distract.

Do jigsaw puzzles.

Color coloring books.

Walk

Just keep putting days behind you and before you know it, you're going to be writing a success story.

HUGS!!

Fakeit

Leann,

Yes! I honestly had very few "physical" symptoms.  95% of my symptoms were mental.  Anxiety, depression, paranoia (REALLY BAD), anger, you name it. 

It took me longer than a lot of people to heal, but I DID heal and I truly believe you will too!  I've seen SO many people heal from this.

EVERY person that I went through this with from BenzoBuddies is now healed immensely and most have written a success story.

We would spent hours on the phone together thinking "we'll never heal" and "we're stuck like this".

I could not leave the house to even check the mail.  Now I travel as often as I can.

I would have to walk out of WalMart and leave my cart behind, or I would have to call a buddy to talk me through all my shopping.

I remember not being able to find the vegetable aisle one time while I was shopping and I thought I was going to have a full blow nervous breakdown where they'd take me away to a funny farm.

I remember driving at night having to pick my daughter up from an event and I couldn't look anywhere but straight in front of the car because I thought demons were going to jump out of the darkness.  CRAZY CRAZY things!!

It's all gone.

All of it.

Do jigsaw puzzles.

Color coloring books.

Walk

Just keep putting days behind you and before you know it, you're going to be writing a success story.

HUGS!!

Fakeit

Fakeit you talked of cbd patches helping you towards the end of withdrawal...Were they pure CBD 100% or with some htc.

Also was exercise part of your recovery.

Bexlan

Leann,

It's all gone.

All of it.

Do jigsaw puzzles.

Color coloring books.

Walk

HUGS!!

Fakeit

Fakeit you talked of cbd patches helping you towards the end of withdrawal...Were they pure CBD 100% or with some thc.

Also was exercise part of your recovery.

Bexlan

• 3 weeks later...

Bexlan,

The CBD patches I used (and still use for pain in my feet - not related to withdrawal) are:

Ameo Entune 16.5mg CBD Patches

You can find them on the internet.

They do NOT have THC in them.

Exercise WAS part of my routine towards the end.  I remember many times trying to exercise and it felt like I was going to pass out.

HOWEVER, I walked CONSTANTLY once I could leave the house.

Walking was SO therapeutic for me.

I would either have headphones in and listen to Audibles on anxiety, etc. or I would talk with one of the few Benzo Buddies I was going through it with.

As I progressed I was able to walk without listening to anything and I would pay attention to the noise of the wind and the birds, etc.

There was a time I couldn't even close my eyes in the shower with feeling completely freaked out, so once that passed I truly enjoyed closing my eyes and listening to nature.

So I would walk down to the lake and sit on the bench and let the sounds and feel of nature sink it.  It was very calming and healing.

There's a LOT to be said about hugging a tree.  LOL!

Before withdrawal I would look at a "tree hugger" and think they were bonkers.

Not any more.

Nature is healing in ways that 95% of humans have NO clue.

Anyway, I digress.

Hugs!

Fakeit

Bexlan,

The CBD patches I used (and still use for pain in my feet - not related to withdrawal) are:

Ameo Entune 16.5mg CBD Patches

You can find them on the internet.

They do NOT have THC in them.

Exercise WAS part of my routine towards the end.  I remember many times trying to exercise and it felt like I was going to pass out.

HOWEVER, I walked CONSTANTLY once I could leave the house.

Walking was SO therapeutic for me.

I would either have headphones in and listen to Audibles on anxiety, etc. or I would talk with one of the few Benzo Buddies I was going through it with.

As I progressed I was able to walk without listening to anything and I would pay attention to the noise of the wind and the birds, etc.

There was a time I couldn't even close my eyes in the shower with feeling completely freaked out, so once that passed I truly enjoyed closing my eyes and listening to nature.

So I would walk down to the lake and sit on the bench and let the sounds and feel of nature sink it.  It was very calming and healing.

There's a LOT to be said about hugging a tree.  LOL!

Before withdrawal I would look at a "tree hugger" and think they were bonkers.

Not any more.

Nature is healing in ways that 95% of humans have NO clue.

Anyway, I digress.

Hugs!

Fakeit

Thank you Fake it.Appreciate so much the time taken to reply to this...

Blessings..

Bexlan