Mentoring - those who are well (or better) reassuring those who struggle.

[Fl...]

Mozart, lately I've been thinking that we get to experience the same depth of beauty as we had to experience horror. I'm not sure I'm right, but it seems likely, doesn't it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [pr...]

• [No...]

• [bo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much! Won't my body just shut down eventually with all this weight loss, pain, anxiety etc, why am I getting worse not better? I'm 130 lbs, 5'9", 22 year old male. Thank you.

I don't know, OneDay. Parker and Perserverance are our "why" experts. I suspect it has to do with a disregulation in the HPA axis and that it will eventually regulate.

Here is the best information on BB about the topic.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44373.msg1610268#msg1610268

Medicine doesn't have many answers for us, but please don't hesitate to pursue with a doctor.

I gained a ton of weight during my taper. It came off. It was slow but it did.

What does your inner voice say, OneDay? 

Challis, I know your story and I still almost can't read it without shutting down in some way. I would be so interested in your sharing with us what it was you drew on to get out of bed day after day. What things did you think about to have hope of getting a deep breath again. What was your self talk like? There is such incredible wisdom and potential to help the rest of us with your insights. I'm glad you are here.  :smitten:

I had to get out of bed every day. 

I had a teenage daughter who had lost her grandmother in an unthinkable way.  I'm not sure I was completely present for her (in fact, I know I was not).  I was too deep into my grief.  But she and I had a tight bond already established and that got her through.  She is very grounded.

I had young students whose day depended on 'Mrs B' being there, not a substitute. 

My mother had a companion of 33 years who needed me.  He was 82 at the time.  He blamed himself for not being home when it happened.  He became dependent on my strength, as did my younger brothers.

I faked it a lot.

What did I think about to keep me going? 

I wanted to carry on in a way that she would be proud of, that's what was uppermost in my thoughts.  I had a powerful example to follow…my mother was a driving force in my life…to have high standards and work hard and a bazillion other qualities she kept trying to pound into her children's heads.  You name any old adage, I heard it countless times.

Not to mention I was born a feisty little sh*t.

;)

Challis, I get that you were born or became a feisty little s**t  :laugh: and I think that is the quality that most got you through.

I puzzle over what it is that makes some people tough and some people not so tough. After a while the being strong thing gets pretty thin without some real inner motivation. I honestly think it comes down to finding meaning in life, finding our meaning in life. So for a time, your meaning was supporting your daughter, your mother's boyfriend, your brothers, your students. What happened when that support wasn't as immediately needed?

I'm especially interested in this topic. As you know, I do support work in the prison system and it gives me great joy to help a little. Actually I think it is one of the main things that made me get better. I've decided that service is my venue in life. It is what makes me alive.

Every month, I see another woman signing over her parental rights for the good of her children. That's what they say anyway. But I know them well enough to know the main reason is that they have simply lost their spirit to try. Of course there is almost always trauma in the background. So I understand in ways. Still, I'm left perplexed about how some people stand up out of the mud like you did and how some people can't.

I guess these questions are never answered. I, for one, am grateful you stood up. You give us all courage and hope.  :smitten:

I don't know, OneDay. Parker and Perserverance are our "why" experts. I suspect it has to do with a disregulation in the HPA axis and that it will eventually regulate.

Here is the best information on BB about the topic.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44373.msg1610268#msg1610268

Medicine doesn't have many answers for us, but please don't hesitate to pursue with a doctor.

I gained a ton of weight during my taper. It came off. It was slow but it did.

What does your inner voice say, OneDay?

Ok thank you, my inner voice is scared shitless and I've had every medical test known to man done and I'm supposedly "healthy" so the fear is I'm never gonna crawl out of this. I don't know too many success stories of people worse at 15 and then healed, maybe you do?

Challis, I get that you were born or became a feisty little s**t  :laugh: and I think that is the quality that most got you through.

I puzzle over what it is that makes some people tough and some people not so tough. After a while the being strong thing gets pretty thin without some real inner motivation. I honestly think it comes down to finding meaning in life, finding our meaning in life. So for a time, your meaning was supporting your daughter, your mother's boyfriend, your brothers, your students. What happened when that support wasn't as immediately needed?

I'm especially interested in this topic. As you know, I do support work in the prison system and it gives me great joy to help a little. Actually I think it is one of the main things that made me get better. I've decided that service is my venue in life. It is what makes me alive.

Every month, I see another woman signing over her parental rights for the good of her children. That's what they say anyway. But I know them well enough to know the main reason is that they have simply lost their spirit to try. Of course there is almost always trauma in the background. So I understand in ways. Still, I'm left perplexed about how some people stand up out of the mud like you did and how some people can't.

I guess these questions are never answered. I, for one, am grateful you stood up. You give us all courage and hope.  :smitten:

My mother was not a cuddly, warm, nurturing type, but she was determined to instill independence and moral strength in her kids.  I lived on her strength for a long time after her death.  I felt her pushing me to go on day after day and I did that until I could get back on my own feet. 

I derived strength in having to take care of things for her.  I was her medical power of attorney and the executor of her will, so I had an overwhelming amount of 'stuff' to do for a long time…wrapping up her life and yet carrying on with mine.

When my mother's companion passed away, when the murder trials and the legal issues were over with, when my brothers started to come up for air, when my daughter went off to college… I was better by then as time is the healer of grief, as it is the healer of withdrawal.

I don't see myself as particularly strong.  When I read some of the stories of pain, suffering and struggle here on the forum, I am humbled.

I know at least one, OneDay. Stillbelieving. I sent her a message. I hope she gets it and comes around here. She was also a CT and, honestly, there were times I thought she would not make it. She did. She loves life. She is too busy to be here, which is the best thing.

Let's see what she says. I think she will come by.  :thumbsup:

Challis your mother's fortitude served you so well. She give us the gift of you even after her death.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said time is the healer. It's the same for the people here, going through benzo hell. The passage of time is the main healer. It's SO damned hard to see that when you're in the middle of it.

:smitten:

I'm moving some of my last progress log post here for encouragement....

30 months after taper...

I no longer count days and only note it in months because it shows up as a monthly repeating event on my calendar. Sometimes I feel hesitant to come here and write. So many people continue to suffer and it feels like a I dishonor them by saying I feel well. It is not my intention. Still, telling the truth remains my unshakable intention.

I have been in a place of near magic lately. Somewhere I read an account of someone having a spiritual experience and he called it a thin place as in the space between being human and being spiritual is gossamer thin. I remember a couple of years ago when I entered therapy Dr. BB asked me what my goals were and I said I wanted to love life before I died. Well, I do. Love life. It's the oddest thing. It has practically no connection to events or things. It is about people and relationships and how I feel in the world. I feel an ease inside my skin that I think I have not felt since pre-adolescence. Things feel right and on purpose.

Today I walked my neighborhood mile twice just because it felt so great to do it. It felt great physically, mentally and emotionally.  I feel  healthy and flexible and alive. Yesterday I was stuck in traffic and I didn't care. I felt interested in the mechanics of it and completely removed from the inconvenience. I feel patient and present. I do not remember being any happier in my life.

Maybe life brings us all to our knees in order to heal us. My knee bending episode happened to be benzo illness. At least one of them. Without it, I'm not sure I would have stopped my headlong dash that was largely unconscious in its direction. I was living life happily most of the time, but it was missing a level of awareness that I now have. Maybe age itself would have brought that awareness, but I doubt it.

The big things that are different for me are that I have come to expect and accept loss as a normal part of life, including my own decline and death; I feel safe in the world for the first time ever; I feel like I am not alone, and I feel like there is purpose in things that happen. I feel like the world is bright for me according to my perception at the time, and lately I have been given these gifts of seeing those thin places and feeling so hopeful.

Sometimes the tinnitus is very faint. Sometimes it is a low whine. Sometimes it's a hiss. It's only on the right side. That's where I often get a headache, right in that space between my ear and my eye. It's there right now, the hiss and the headache. These things keep me grounded and I do not resent them. They remind me. They remind me of where I used to be and I feel such profound gratitude that I want to whisper so as not to disturb fate and draw attention to myself.

I am at the oasis. I wish I could come back and bring water to all of you who are still traveling. I wish I could come back and walk a few miles for you, carry you, even. I wish I could walk along side you and murmur low words of hope and encouragement that it does get so much better, that the colors are brighter and the air is sweeter and sometimes even this 60 year old body wants to skip or run or dance or throw itself on its backside in the grass and find shapes in the clouds and giggle with awe. There is ease ahead. There is rest.

This is the most beautiful, meaningful post I have ever read. I don't know what inspired you to write it, but I am printing it and hanging it up. You are a gifted writer, and you have moved me deeply. Thank you for this.

Snow  :smitten:

The book by Viktor Frankl comes to mind, "Man's Search For Meaning"

Please read this if you haven't. 

Flip, I sing and play piano at nursing homes...well, I stopped recently through this plight of sorrow and hardship. But you remind me of how service is everything.

Challis, I had a strong mother too. Although I only had her until age 11, I think it is what has kept me alive. I can relate to this. Unfortunately,  no one advocated or believed in me as she did. My sisters were 28 and 23 when she died and didn't step in. My father fell apart.

Been on my own since a kid. Made terrible,  irreparable life choices along the way.

Gotta pick up the pieces and try to start over at 55. I suppose it's never too late.

You all give me lots of strength for which I am quite grateful.

Here's the main EMDR link, Challis.

http://www.emdr.com/client-stories/61-my-story--sexual-abuse-sexual-addiction-recovery-and-hope.html

It has been amazingly effective for PTSD in military trauma, accident, horrific loss, sexual trauma, even that hard-to-reach childhood sexual trauma. Let me be clear by saying it is a therapeutic technique and it does not replace therapy. These things still need to be processed. What it does is takes the punch out of the emotion of it once it is out in the open.

You, maybe more than all of us put together understand loss and horror, Challis. You are a pillar of resiliency. I hope you will feel moved to tell us your story here, but if you can't, then I understand.

Sure, Flippy.  Just the thought has the faucets going…too close to Mother's Day.  Let me just repost my blog entry about it instead:

I was prescribed Temazepam (generic for Restoril) at age 30 and it worked for the insomnia that started in my late twenties. 

Fast forward twenty years to age 50 (still taking Temazepam) when I saw my doctor for job stress and was prescribed .25 Xanax as needed.  I didn't question the doctor's recommendation, and still remember the instant relief taking just half a tablet...a miracle. 

As the years went by, the dose crept up slowly as I became tolerant.  I still didn't question it.  My sleep problems were diagnosed in a sleep study as RLS (restless legs syndrome) and I was prescribed the correct medication, so I went off the Temazepam. 

Enter marital problems, separation, divorce, court, attorney letters and bills (just seeing an envelope with his letterhead was stressful), mediation and a custody battle...as ugly as it gets.  Up went the Xanax dose again.  I didn't question it.

Extreme drama came next.  5:30 p.m. October 25, 2003.  I got a phone message that my 77 year old mother had been hurt in a home invasion robbery in the house my parents raised us, a safe and affluent neighborhood where no one locked their doors.  She'd been taken by ambulance to Stanford Hospital with injuries. I made the 200 mile drive to Stanford by 10 p.m.  I didn't recognize my mother.  She'd been beaten and choked.  Every single bone in her face was broken, her neck was broken, her ribs were broken, bleeding from mouth, nose, eyes and ears.  When I finally went home that night to her house, my family's home for 50 years, it was to find a large pool of her blood in the middle of her white living room carpet where they left her.  The police had tossed a throw rug over it.

I took indefinite leave of absence from my teaching job and stayed with her in ICU as much as the nurses would allow.  She became unresponsive within days.  I had to make decisions about support.  Breathing tube, then a feeding tube, drilling holes to relieve pressure in her head, watching the nurses tie her hands to the bed to keep from pulling them out, bedsores.  She was extremely agitated, especially in the wee hours of the night.  She had regularly used benzodiazepine sleeping pills.  They were already giving her Ativan and said that would cover any issues related to the use of sleeping medication.  I hope it did, but looking back, I wonder.

During this time, my ex-husband tried again to get custody of our daughter, though I had arranged for someone to stay with her in our home and that's where she preferred to be.  My mother's physician upped my Xanax and added Lexapro.  I found my mother's sleeping pills in her bathroom cabinet and took those until they were gone. 

After five weeks in a coma she developed pneumonia.  I made the decision to end life support per her written instructions.  I held her hand until her breathing stopped.

During her hospital stay, there was an ongoing police investigation.  TV, newspaper and radio interviews, rewards posted for information...and finally three arrests made two days after her death.  Three murder trials in the next two years required my testimony because I'd found DNA evidence in her bedroom. 

I cried more tears in a few years than most people cry in a lifetime.

I went off the Lexapro after awhile...it was rough.  I don't think I knew to taper off.  Xanax became my lifeline to sanity.  I was careful to keep some with me at all times.  I knew when my prescription needed filling and was at the pharmacy the day it was to be refilled.  I bought a fake Chapstick on eBay that hid a few days' worth of Xanax because I didn't want to keep a bottle in my purse.  I was afraid to lose even one.  I gasped if one went down the sink.  I counted them to make sure I'd make it until the next refill and breathed a sign of relief when I picked up each new refill in its orange plastic container. My physician refilled without question and without seeing me.  When I saw him for some other issue once, he said, "Xanax isn't my favorite drug.  Do you want to try something else?"  I said no because I thought it was working just fine for me and he never mentioned it again.  Anxiety and sorrow were constant companions and only Xanax kept me functioning. 

I retired in 2010, still on Xanax.  I worried that I was forever changed.  I couldn't think clearly and problem solving was noticeably more difficult. A lifelong reader, I had lost the ability to follow a plot.  I had bizarre dreams that didn't coincide with the events that actually happened.  I woke up every morning drenched in sweat and extremely anxious.  They were the first clue I had that the Xanax might actually be causing the problems I was still having. 

In 2011, a late refill prompted a meltdown at the pharmacy.  Tired of being controlled by my prescription, I decided to try to take control.  Looking back, that was a pivotal moment in my recovery.

I started experimenting with the Xanax to see if it was causing the problems I had.  I couldn't tell for sure,  so I began to cut my dose in August 2011.

Fast forward again...cutting my dose, holding, cutting, holding, quit at .25 in February 2012 on the advice of a drug counselor.  I had typical "too fast taper" w/d...BP spikes, tremor, headaches, incredible anxiety, startling at light and noise, racing heart.  I reinstated and as I taper now at a slow pace, I am feeling much better.  I am reading avidly again.  I am not anxious anymore.  I don't have bizarre dreams anymore.  My withdrawal symptoms are tolerable.

I will get there.  And I'll be fine.

I'm changed. Challis. Thank you. Oh, thank you.

Snow, the New

I keep reading stories on this web site of horrific troubles MONTHS after coming off benzos.

I have been on Valium for 43 years, and I am scared.  I have been reducing for two and one-half years, trying to keep the likelihood low that I would suffer once I am off.  But more often than not, people who have taken for years DO suffer tremendously in waves that hit months after jumping.

Should I stay on a low dose of Valium?  Maybe 2 mg.?

I am having minimal withdrawal problems so far.

Thank you for your advice.

Julianna...I have been on benzos for 39 years. Glad you are not having much trouble. Dr. Ashton says some people have no trouble. My best and most important advice is to look up the Ashton Manual and really read it. It is a great wealth of information.

Marian

This thread is doing exactly what I had hoped it would. We are sharing our vulnerability and gainin strength from one another. It is a gift of huge proportion for me.

Snow. Thank you. What inspires me to write and share is knowing that when I help someone, I am helped. There is something about thinking out loud and saying what is true that is so healing.

Mozart, I'm so sorry for the bewilderment you endured as a little girl. You know very well what I mean when I talk about thin places and that consciousness state that comes and keeps us alive. I'm also glad you stood up out of the mud. I think it is never too late. I'm 61 on Friday. My life is very diferent looking than it was at 55 and it is all for the better. Therapy has been my key. I was fortunate to work with a gifted trauma therapist and that changed everything for me.

Yes, I have read Frankl's book. I usually read it once a year or at least whenever life gets too hopeless. I haven't read it in over a year so that is a good sign that I haven't felt hopeless. I would also very heartily recommend another trauma book by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D. -  The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (2014). It has some new research that gives insight into how the brain can change, especially during shocking trauma; it also gives perspective on emerging new therapies including something known as neurofeedback. I'm actually quite excited about that one.

Julianna, hello. We aren't really in the business of giving tapering advice here, but my best personal opinion is that you probably won't fully heal unless you eliminate Valium altogether. I didn't start feeling well until quite some time afterward. I would keep a steady pace in your taper and try to focus on learning some new skills to help you cope. Mindfulness is one of my best tools. If I sit in a quiet room for 15 minutes twice a day with my eyes closed and focus on how my breath feels going in and out of my nostrils, life is better for me. It sounds ridiculous but it works. Plus once in a while I find that I get much insight and great peace from sitting there and going into that larger place of consciousness.

I think you are doing a great job from what I can see. Just keep on putting that next foot in front of you and being grateful that your symptoms are minimal.  :smitten:

Flip, you make me cry. I have done 2 sessions of neurofeedback. I stopped only because I have a head injury (as does the nice PhD guy who aadministered it) and it gave me numbness and head pain. He said I shouldn't worry about it and that it was due to my head injury, but I stopped. Thanks for the book title. Frankl is a tough read but the payoff is worth it. I am Jewish so it really hits home for me.

You are a gem. Happy birthday ahead of time. I hope it is glorious. 

Marian

I would imagine your faith of origin really does make that book hit hard. You come from strong, abiding people, Mozart. I believe we carry the courage of our ancestors with us. I think you do.

Aw thanks for the good wishes. If the weather holds, I'm going to drive a couple of hours to this ancient little mountain range and hike. I'm doing a solitary hike to get some perspective on the coming year. I love these little journeys inward.

I've had a magnificent day with all of you today. It was pure gift to get to spend the day mostly here. I won't be able to do that during this upcoming week, but i do hope you all keep this alive. I will weigh in at every opportunity.

My heart feels full tonight and I know I will sleep very well.

Flip

Hi everyone.

It is great to see so many healed staying here to help others.

That is very generous of you all and thank you.

My mom is at .3mg valium and is doing better, but she is worn out.

Some old symptoms are coming back in short burst waves.

It's very strange.

Wow!! this is like old home week. Thank you for inviting me Flip. So good to see familiar faces and meet new ones. I am 14 months off and today I am tearful and having some depression. For me these sx's could be gone tomorrow and I could feel better or maybe have some cog fog, I just never know. Some days when these sx's hit out of no where after feeling pretty good I feel disappointment and have to really work hard at keeping the faith that this will soon be a distant memory. So having this blog to visit will be great! Thanks Flip!!!

Love

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

I have finally found a place to be encouraged! At 25 months off, with minimal healing and only a few short partial half day windows, it has been difficult finding the threads that don't bring an element of despair.

Flip, I have been silent around here for months (just don't know what to say anymore), but have read all of your blog posts as well as mpsl girl and Stillbelieving. I have found such hope in them. I feel I have come to know you all so well. I would like to hang out here to keep my hope ignited. I am in complete despair every morning as I awake to another day of torture. There seems to be no end in sight. I have deep DR/DP, depression, extreme head and body pressure that feels absolutely crushing, intense boatiness, fear, anxiety, difficulty breathing, raging tinnitus, major cognition issues and a host of others. It is daunting. Yet I know, thanks to all of you and God, I will someday, somehow make it. 

I also want to mention I had neurofeedback for years while on the drugs. Of course, at the time I did not know the drugs were making me anxious and depressed so I dont know how this therapy would have worked without drugs, but it did help. I always left feeling relaxed and would even yawn during it (a rarity for me). I would highly recommend it for reprogramming the brain.

Well, thank you again to all who are sticking around to help pull the rest of us forward; you are all a priceless treasure.

Hey Flip and friends.

I am posting a quick post so that I can be involved with this thread too.

Flip what a great idea.  A single gathering place to respond to stories of success and hopefully a place to stop by and catch up with past buddies who may feel displaced in the ever changing BB community.

I am on the road of recovery but not doing quite as well yet as you Flip. Ah yes,  the time varies for all of us.

I do believe that I can be of some assistance here though. I still read on BB daily so I am around.

Hugs to all

Carol

Hi what a great thread Flip and just what I need at the moment as I`m going through the phase of thinking that I wont heal. Trying to be sensible,  I know I`m  still in the acute stage.... but then the niggles come that I wont get any better and that this is it for the rest of my life.

My story began ten years ago when I woke one morning feeling drunk.  I haven`t had a drink for years but I knew the feeling and couldn`t understand what was happening.  I was staggering all the time while trying to work but I`d recently had the flu and thought it was because of that.

Eventually I had to see my Dr as it wasn`t getting better. He diagnosed labrythitis and gave me some meds to help.  These didn`t work so I went back to see him. After many tests and a MRI, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour - which thank goodness looked benign.

Next followed the wait for surgery. As the neuro Dr was happy the tumour was benign I had to wait for an operating slot.

I had no choice but to go for the surgery as the tumour was on my brain stem and would eventually kill me.

As you can imagine waiting for an operation like this I didn`t sleep, so my GP prescribed me Temazepam.

The surgery was successful. However the surgeon had to destroy my hearing and balance nerve on the side of his entry - but losing hearing in one ear was nothing in the scheme of things.

I was alive and recovered, albeit a bit  deaf and dizzy.

I coped but had to retire from work.

Fast forward to last year.  I had carried on taking the Temazepam and my GP continued to prescribe it- never once telling me it was addictive or having me in for a revue.

I`m still not sure how I feel about this as at the time my Dr was trying to help me but wish he`d explained about the addiction side of these benzo`s.

I was then diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my sacroiliac joint, sent to the pain clinic where they prescribed me Tramadol.

So here I was taking daily Tramadol and Temazepam when last year I was extremely ill and eventually diagnosed with an overactive thyroid.....

Thyroid problems can be dealt with but it takes time and another med called Carbimazole.  Eventually the Carbimazole got my thyroid levels back to normal and I was sent for radioactive iodine treatment to kill off the overactive part of my gland.

Time passed but I was feeling so very ill last August. I`d wake with sweats and constant nausea.

In desperation I saw a duty Dr who said the symptoms were because of my thyroid not back to the normal levels yet.

This went on eventually seeing three different Dr`s who said the same and all I could think was thyroid problems are certainly miserable- yet many people have the same and they all seem ok?

At last another Dr looked at my thyroid blood results and said they`re normal. He looked at the meds I was taking and questioned me about the Temazepam. I`d realized for a few weeks that they didn`t seem to be working but carried on as a main symptom of an overactive thyroid was insomnia, so I thought they`d kick in again soon.

This Dr realized I was in withdrawal, told me to go home and take 10 mg of Temazepam and I immediately felt better.

So now I was taking 30 mg to feel ok and knew this had to stop. I went to my GP and asked for help to withdraw.  He crossed me over to Diazepam 10 mg but the symptoms of w/d got worse.

I became extremely anxious and depressed. I tapered to 7 mg yet felt worse and worse even though I held my reduction.

I began thinking of suicide. Never in my life had I thought of anything like this even though my life hadn`t been plain sailing.

One morning on the 9th April I was desperate, and booked myself into a detox clinic where they were happy to take my money.

By now the Tramadol wasn`t working for pain relief which my Dr had adviced me to taper off slowly too.

Feeling terrible with w/d symptoms anyway, I asked the clinic to wean me from the Tramadol and the Diazepam.

A big mistake.... but even so the Dr there was happy to carry out my wishes.

Over a seven day plan he reduced the benzo to zero, I came home and carried on reducing the Tramadol over the next few days.

Then it hit!!

I `m not sure what is causing my w/d symptoms whether it`s the Tramadol or the Diazepam but I feel as though I`ve been hit by a truck.

The pain has been debilitating. I`m dizzy and anxious too.

Of course I worry about the dizziness considering my previous brain surgery and hope upon hope that this symptom is the w/d. 

After I came home I saw my own GP who has been very good. He wants to get me comfortable and has prescribed co- codamol for short term use and Cymbalta for the anxiety. Also Pregabalin for pain and anxiety.

Mostly the pain is still there, but certainly better than it was. I had a beautiful window on Saturday but the worst wave on Sunday where no amount of pain relief helped.

I woke this morning feeling a bit of  pain but no nausea and no dizziness to begin with. I took the multi prescribed drugs and the dizziness began?

I`m now wondering if one of the meds are causing the dizziness? 

Thanks for reading if you got this far and yes this is a wonderful thread......thank you Flip

NCT