Author Topic: Mentoring - those who are well (or better) reassuring those who struggle.  (Read 78033 times)

[Buddie]

Wow! I am going to follow this thread, what a wonderful idea, [...], your post about your life now is so beautiful that made me cry, thank you for sharing it!
[...]  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

[...] I have been with a trauma therapist for years who does EMDR and has YET TO DO IT ON ME!!! I want it. I asked him why he hasn't.  He said I was in crisis and not ready. He said we had done SOME before but I don't recall that. Yes...I have done everything else you can imagine. I know one thing...we have to go INTERNALLY for help. Juice fasting, smoothies, acupuncture, breathing, Exercise (not there yet. Used to be) meditating. These are all the things that help most. I am sick and tired of years of shrinks, meds
hospitals and therapists from which I have only gotten worse. I am tired of turning to an industry that has harmed me/us because of not knowing what else to do. Well....it is time to do the internal work. It is the only thing.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Thanks for this thread! I'm 15 months off and in hell, I need all the [...] I can get right now, I was able to do much more at 5 months off than I am now. Thanks for sticking around to help those suffering, we need more like you!!

[Buddie]

[...], you have a lot to offer this thread. You, more than anyone I know, used your inner guidance and intuition to taper at a rate most thought was too slow. And look at you now...almost no symptoms during your tape and "fine" now. I'm so glad. So glad for you!  :clap:

[...], I know your story and I [...] almost can't read it without shutting down in some way. I would be so interested in your sharing with us what it was you [...] on to get out of bed day after day. What things did you think about to have [...] of getting a deep breath again. What was your self talk like? There is such incredible wisdom and potential to help the [...] of us with your insights. I'm glad you are here.  :smitten:

Miss M! its been a while. I am not surprised you're excelling at work. I DO remember those long nights. There were wee hours where BB would be like a ghost town and you and I would have lovely, insightful conversations. Im glad those days are gone, but I do honor them; they had their own particular value. Keep contributing, M. You can give people [...].  :smitten:

[...] - yes, please have [...]. I remember once reading a post from someone who said colors were brighter one day when he opened the refrigerator and he had a sense of well-being. I was both jealous of him and desparately wanted what he had. The first day that happened to me, I thought of him and fully understood what he meant. I dearly [...] I get to witness your first day of well-being. we will celebrate!!

Mozart, Im glad you seem to have great inner guidance and I [...] soon your therapist will [...] EMDR. There are only so many tears to cry and then it is time to live the [...] of our lives with as much awe as we can find.  :smitten:

OneDay, yes, you are welcome and Im sorry youre having a rough go of it lately. I wont usually be here this much, since my life is now [...] busy. It is my prayer that many others will weigh in and that this will become a mini-lifeline for a long time to come.
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

I am truly blessed to have you all. We have such heartbreaking stories plus stories of triumph. So grateful for this thread.

[Buddie]

Mozart, lately I've been thinking that we get to experience the same depth of beauty as we had to experience horror. I'm not sure I'm right, but it seems likely, doesn't it?

[Buddie]

Thank you so much! Won't my body just shut down eventually with all this weight loss, pain, anxiety etc, why am I getting worse not better? I'm 130 lbs, 5'9", 22 year old male. Thank you.

[Buddie]

I don't know, OneDay. Parker and Perserverance are our "why" experts. I suspect it has to do with a disregulation in the HPA axis and that it will eventually regulate.

Here is the best information on BB about the topic.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44373.msg1610268#msg1610268

Medicine doesn't have many answers for us, but please don't hesitate to pursue with a doctor.

I gained a ton of weight during my taper. It came off. It was slow but it did.

What does your inner voice say, OneDay? 

[Buddie]

[...], I know your story and I [...] almost can't read it without shutting down in some way. I would be so interested in your sharing with us what it was you [...] on to get out of bed day after day. What things did you think about to have [...] of getting a deep breath again. What was your self talk like? There is such incredible wisdom and potential to help the [...] of us with your insights. I'm glad you are here.  :smitten:

I had to get out of bed every day. 

I had a teenage daughter who had lost her grandmother in an unthinkable way.  I'm not sure I was completely present for her (in fact, I know I was not).  I was too deep into my grief.  But she and I had a tight bond already established and that got her through.  She is very grounded.

I had young students whose day depended on 'Mrs B' being there, not a substitute. 

My [...] had a companion of 33 years who needed me.  He was 82 at the time.  He blamed himself for not being home when it happened.  He became dependent on my strength, as did my younger brothers.

I faked it a lot.

What did I think about to keep me going? 

I wanted to carry on in a way that she would be proud of, that's what was uppermost in my thoughts.  I had a powerful example to follow…my [...] was a driving force in my life…to have high standards and work hard and a bazillion other qualities she kept trying to pound into her children's heads.  You name any old adage, I heard it countless times.

Not to mention I was born a feisty little sh*t.

;)

[Buddie]

[...] ... wise words ... thank you ...