BLATANT DISREGARD IN THE MEDIA

[6a...]

[6a...]

I've watched this show for years, along with my family. I read that they have a licensed RN on the set to advise about medical issues. Well, someone sure needs a better education!

Nurse Jackie, episode 2 season 7 (current season) shows Jackie replacing all of a patient's benzos with candy, and the patient out of bed and full of life the next day. That woman would be dead from seizures, or wishing she were dead.

Episode 3 has a nurse and pharmacist encouraging another nurse to take a Xanax, saying "everyone pops them", saying they're great for stress. And when they get caught by the boss, who confiscates the pill, the boss pops it in her mouth as she walks away.

I cannot imagine how many people see this and think it's OK to "pop" a Xanax for stress.

I used to watch Housewives of Beverly Hills, and one of the women, Brandi Glanville, talked about Xanax in an interview, that she would take it as well as drink to calm herself down. She was often pretty sloshed during the show, and I wonder if it was because she was drinking on top of having taken a Xanax or two. It's really distressing to me that these drugs joked about and made light of.

[6a...]

I used to watch Housewives of Beverly Hills, and one of the women, Brandi Glanville, talked about Xanax in an interview, that she would take it as well as drink to calm herself down. She was often pretty sloshed during the show, and I wonder if it was because she was drinking on top of having taken a Xanax or two. It's really distressing to me that these drugs joked about and made light of.

That's so sad. At least that Housewives show is a reality (right? I've never seen it), so you'd kind of expect those people to do such things, but the other show claims to have a RN to advise them. Nurse Jackie is all about drug abuse...it's the show's premise, actually. But until this it's shown drug use in a negative light, but they way they handle the benzo topic is flippant and scary.

The "RN" may know nothing about benzos. Like the other 90% of medical professionals out there. We all know how difficult it is to find a benzo-wise doctor, right?

A good friend was recently prescribed Xanax for insomnia. Yes. In 2015.

Like the other poster said here, a NP will likely know little about benzos, as many psychs don't even know about it. They should have known better and used a nueropsychopharmacologist. And advising a patient to take Xanax PRN means it will turn into PWN. Take as wanted.

:idiot:

Bets