I would like help w/ a taper plan and general advice please

[ks...]

Hello everyone:

I've been on clonazepam for quite a while now (almost 10 years), and I've been able to cope, get through school, and work a job. There have been times when I've been really depressed and anxious, but I'd usually weather the storm and not updose. There have been a few occasions where I would updose to 1mg, but that is very rare and only when I feel like i'm going psychotic. Recently at work, I had a very bad bout w/ vertigo. After going to the ER, the doc told me I had very low blood sugar, was "over fatigued," and that I should rest. Well, now that I'm back working (with normal blood sugar levels), i'm still experiencing the vertigo but not as intense as the first time and somewhat intermittently (it seems to happen when I'm at peak stress levels). I'm very worried that this will continue indefinitely. I suppose this incident is what brought me here to try and get off benzos for good. I was a member back in 2006 but left long ago d/t being extremely busy and generally tolerating the dose I was on. While the vertigo might not be predominately caused by benzo tolerance, I do believe the pills have something to do w/ it.

Can someone help me formulate a titration plan and provide instruction on the proper kind of equipment I'll need. I can't quit my job, so I can take as long as necessary to get off this stuff. And if anyone has any input on my vertigo and what I can do to mitigate/eliminate it, I'm all ears :)

Thanks,

Kshel7

It looks like you are on .5mg K?  What I would recommend is to drop the .5mg pill into full fat whole milk.  50ml should do it.  All you need is a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and a few good sealing jars, like jam jars.  Nothing more is really needed.  I'd dose on the liquid for a week or two and then begin cutting.  A good starting point might be to begin by removing .0015mg per day.  Test it for a few weeks then you can consider a higher rate.

I agree with SG on adjusting to the liquid for 1-2 weeks once you make the switch and using 0.0015 mg/day as a starting taper rate.  Switching to liquid affects many people like a significant cut with increased withdrawal symptoms.  That has been my experience.  Starting with a low taper rate is a good idea so you can make sure that your withdrawal symptoms are tolerable.  You can increase and experiment with higher taper rates after you establish a rate that you are sure you can handle.

Thanks a lot for the speedy replies! Does the milk absorb all the benzo evenly? I'll go out and buy that equipment when I get the chance.

You could also dissolve the K in alcohol and use water. I don't know how many others are doing it,but I switched from milk to water and it has made things easier for me, without noticing any difference. Just didn't care for using milk. Sick of drinking it, buying it, making sure I had it on-hand, portability, etc.

TH