Author Topic: Is Klonopin the Worst.. ? (It is the most binding)  (Read 4969 times)

[Buddie]

Is Klonopin the Worst.. ? (It is the most binding)
« on: May 13, 2009, 09:56:10 am »
I have read that Klonopin has the most tight binding on receptors. Valium has the least.

Many benzo users report that Klonopin withdrawals seem to be the worst.

I agree to an extent. It is the most binding and potency wise equal to Xanax. Best of both worlds in a way.
Long half life and potency. Nasty Pill!

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:40:02 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Is Klonopin the Worst.. ? (It is the most binding)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »
Is the question "Is Klonopin the worst"?  I am going to answer with a question..... "Why do you ask"?

If the answer is "yes, Klonopin is the worst", then all the folks on Klonopin will get more scared.

And the folks not on Klonopin will begin to question why they are having so many problems when they are not on the "worst" drug.

If the answer is "no, Klonopin is not the worst", then everyone will start to worry "Am I on the worst drug, then?" 

Which can only lead to worry about how to figure out if their drug is the "worst".

And so on and so on......

See what I mean?

So, why do you ask? Or better yet, how will the answer help you?   

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:09:28 pm »
I have read that Klonopin has the most tight binding on receptors. Valium has the least.

Many benzo users report that Klonopin withdrawals seem to be the worst.

I agree to an extent. It is the most binding and potency wise equal to Xanax. Best of both worlds in a way.
Long half life and potency. Nasty Pill!

Any thoughts?

Hi [...],

Welcome to Benzo buddies.

Actually, long half life is a positive thing for the purposes of tapering. It allows the benzo to leave your body at a slower rate, easing wd symptoms.
As far as I know from personal experience and in all my time here observing others tapering, klonopin is no more difficult to taper off of than any other benzo.
I actually had a relatively easy time of it, and I did a fairly rapid taper.

I hope this answers your question or at least eases your mind a bit.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:03 am »
Hey [...],

I was switched from Xanax to Klonopin for my taper that I just finished.  I'm not sure what is supposed to be the worst, but I had a pretty decent taper.  Post benzo so far has been tolerable as well!

Hope this helps!

Phyllis    :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:56:30 am »
Thanks for those informative replies [...] and Phillips...

Not sure why [...] is psycho analyzing my simple question and concern?

The more info we have regarding everything than the better for all of us.

And no, not everyone thinks like you in a end of the world way ... as proven by the other two responses.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:10:47 pm »
I can't comment on the K, but I know that when I've taken my xanax it peaks, then exits quickly. I was experiencing rebound anxiety because of it's short life. I don't know, so please don't bank on my words, but I think tapering off this crap is hard, no matter what benzo you are on. Getting off xanax is difficult, the same (I'm sure) as it is difficult getting off any other benzo. I hope I make sense here. To me, they are all equally nasty and we can't really get off easy when it comes to getting free of em. Welcome to BB by the way :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:14:54 pm »
It's just a different way to look at the question, that's all.  No one knows the answer to the question. My opinion is that we scare ourselves by asking questions that have no answer.  And anxiety is made worse by fear.

I remember when I read that "Effexor was the worst anti-depressant to taper off", it made be more worried than I already was about how my taper would go.  But what did that mean, anyway?  Was does "the worst" mean?  It causes the worst... headaches?  Or have there been deaths from Effexor tapers?  And where are the studies?  And even if it could be proven that Effexor is in fact "the worst", I still planned to taper off.  And thinking it might be "the worst" didn't help me to plan for my taper.  So the statement, in my opinion, only served to scare me. 

Of course gathering relevant, academic information is always important.  I just wish we wouldn't ask questions that, in my opinion, serve only to further confuse and serve no purpose other than to scare us.  Opinions are only that, and most of them (not all) don't indicate that someone is "psycho".  They simply have a different opinion than you.   

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:46 am »
Hey [...],

I agree that all are bad,  with each having more trouble than another lol, sorry I'm kind of brain dead here, I just wanted to agree with you about being psycho analyzed when one is trying to answer a post as if they're an analyst to screw with your head lol. Happens to me all the time, I'm just glad you noticed it too, cause I've been having a hard enough time without being ripped apart for many of the posts I make!!!

Thanksssssssssssss and AMEN!!! :smitten: :yippee: :yippee:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 06:53:24 am »
Haha.. thanks again [...]... how old ru by the way? I'm 25 year old male...

This forum is so big and the internet too that I think once people start looking information up they realize on their own
that there is hope out there and what one post says might not apply entirely to them. People are smart. If they weren't than
they would not be trolling the internet looking for answers.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 07:16:49 am »
Thanks for that good advice [...].. I was cold turkeyed off of Klonopin but I have to say now after nearly 5 months I am doing just great! I had started to get my 'windows's of no anxiety or symptoms just from the 2nd week... but it was 95% pain and 5% relief.... now it is the exact opposite... I still have about 5% of anxiety, if that makes sense... it usually happens at night, which has probably to do with being up all day and environmental stimuli overloading my sensitiev brain... But I am sure in the next 1-2 months I will be done with that little bit of anxiety as well.