weight loss

[je...]

hello forum. have any of you had a dramatic weight

loss while being on benzos and with your withdrawal?

i lost a huge amount when i was first on ativan, crossing

over to valium, which i am now tapering.

thank you

Yep, lost 100lbs since this started in the spring of 2012. I was overweight but I'm still shocked at the immense weight loss. First 50lbs was gone within the first month of this ordeal. My clothes look and feel as though I'm wearing a Toga all the time.

Weight loss is not uncommon in withdrawal. After my first withdrawal from 30 mg of valium I lost about 25 pounds in just a few months. I was a walking skeleton. I have seen other members here lose weight as well. My weight loss went on for about 4 months. After that I was able to eat again (before I gagged when swallowing), and I started to drink ENSURE and the weight came back on in just a few months. I have seen the same with other members. Much more uncommon is weight gain. This withdrawal from a high dose of Ativan I gained 25 pounds. I contribute much of it to side effects from medication, specifically from Remeron.

This withdrawal from a high dose of Ativan I gained 25 pounds. I contribute much of it to side effects from medication, specifically from Remeron.

Yep, I couldn't keep food down and lost 30 pounds with my 1st failed taper attempt, then my doc put me on Remeron and I can't stop eating...don't know which is worse :-\

thanks for the feedback. i am doing everything i can to put some pounds on, eating between

meals, and making my meals bigger. hope that helps.

take care everyone!