Help. Can't Liquid Taper.

[wa...]

I have been doing really well with my vodka taper until I was hospitalised for 6 days

when I had to revert back up to my original dose.

I've now found out that the vodka is causing me problems,  in that it's gives me terrible acid pain.

So disheartened as I was feeling better cutting.

Anyone using an alternative to milk as I can't drink cows milk ?

Are you sure it is the vodka? If you are using it right,  you get more alcohol in your system when you rinse your mouth with mouth wash.

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Are you sure it is the vodka? If you are using it right,  you get more alcohol in your system when you rinse your mouth with mouth wash.

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Yes I'm positive it's the vodka, only using 1ml but it's definitely causing me big problems.    I need to look for a different method to taper.

Another member, arashe.  Uses Oral-Plus/Oral-Sweet, I read but I dont know anything about it.  But I think it is just a suspension vehicle, not sure it will dissolve the benzo.  Benzos are fat soluble and alcohol soluble so anything with 1 of those properties should work.  you may have to get creative.  Maybe full-fat goats milk?

I have had the most success using Ora-plus and Ora-Sweet together to make a suspension.  It suspends the drug so it is distributed more evenly.  Works much better than water.  You can get it at your pharmacy or amazon.

I have been doing really well with my vodka taper until I was hospitalised for 6 days

I've now found out that the vodka is causing me problems,  in that it's gives me terrible acid pain.

Hi Wanna,

If it is the lactose in the milk that is the problem I've heard that Lactaid works in place of milk.  It is still cows milk, but with the lactose removed.  I see it and generic brands in my local stores all the time and they are available in full fat whole milk versions.

How much vodka were you using?  You should never need more than 1ml/day.  That's 2/10ths of a teaspoon.  Doesn't seem likely that would  cause any problems.

How much vodka were you using?  You should never need more than 1ml/day.  That's 2/10ths of a teaspoon.  Doesn't seem likely that would  cause any problems.

I'm only using 1ml a day and I know it's hard to believe but I didn't start having issues

until I started titrating with vodka.

1 or 2 ml is enough to dissolve.  Should not be enough to bother you.  Do you add water ?  I use 100ml water, so vodka is just a tear in the mix.  I had acid reflux during titration and now use zantac half an hour before taking my drink :D

quote]

I'm only using 1ml a day and I know it's hard to believe but I didn't start having issues

It is hard to believe because there is more than 1ml of alcohol left in your mouth from mouthwash. 

The fact this occurred when you started titrating with alcohol does not in itself prove there is a connection.

1 or 2 ml is enough to dissolve.  Should not be enough to bother you.  Do you add water ?  I use 100ml water, so vodka is just a tear in the mix.  I had acid reflux during titration and now use zantac half an hour before taking my drink :D

I add 99ml of water to make it up to 100ml.   

I think I will try it again and see how I go.  ;)

quote]

It is hard to believe because there is more than 1ml of alcohol left in your mouth from mouthwash. 

The fact this occurred when you started titrating with alcohol does not in itself prove there is a connection.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder if it could be psychsomatic, like the placebo effect.  Not sure what the proper term would be, but these effects are very real.

I wonder if it could be psychsomatic, like the placebo effect.  Not sure what the proper term would be, but these effects are very real.

Yes, placebo effect is the correct term, and yes, the effects are very real.

Yes, placebo effect is the correct term, and yes, the effects are very real.

Thanks for your input guys.    That sounds like me !!    I get side effects before anything hits my stomach  :D

to measure 100ml

do ppl use a cylinder...plastic or glass?

I use plastic measuring syringes.  I get mine from Amazon.  :)

to measure 100ml

do ppl use a cylinder...plastic or glass?

I used a cylinder (plastic) to measure when I mixed my "batches", and a syringe (1ml and/or 10ml) for dosing.

Glass or plastic will both work just fine.

• 1 month later...

I also had a problem with a smidge of alcohol and milk and am now using plain spring water having sxs but functioning enough to move around indoor's and look after myself, I could not move with Vodka or milk both slaughtered me from day one.

Love Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Alcohol

Alcohol acts on GABA/BZD receptors in a similar way to that of benzodiazepines and although some people have been able to drink, in small amounts, during recovery from benzodiazepines, others have found the consumption of alcohol just flared up their withdrawal symptoms and could not tolerate any alcohol at all. Alcohol may slow down or even prevent recovery. It is best advised to avoid alcohol as best possible while in recovery. Most people can tolerate an occasional drink when they are fully recovered from benzodiazepines. Use caution with alcohol. Be careful that you are not replacing one addiction with another. Remember alcohol is cross tolerant with benzodiazepines and alcohol is a benzodiazepine receptor agonist as are prescription benzodiazepine acting drugs. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=5500.msg47554#msg475

I tapered successfully using water.  I am using it again for this taper.  I just make sure I shake the water/lorezepam very well when measuring my doses.  Never had any problems using water.