Author Topic: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin Success Story -  (Read 33193 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin Success Story -
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:22 pm »
This is a very inspirational story for me because I am just starting a taper.  Well, I'm just starting it over because I got so impatient and made a much too big cut and am now suffering so I'm going to go back to where I was ( made the big cut two weeks after switching over to diazepam )   This has all just happened in the last month , and the last two weeks are when I felt the hit from cutting so rapidly. It am going to just take it very very slow because I have to be abler o function, and when I switched over to diazepam I was functioning good, why did I go screw it up? I wish I hadnt . Thank you for the story.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 06:32:21 pm »
[...],
I just finished my 3.5 year taper of 10 mgs of Valium yesterday! :) (I just posted earlier today in the benzo-free celebrations.) You have to really wrap your brain around the fact that it's about minimizing your symptoms while optimizing your function rather than being OFF. I had to pep talk myself about this again and again.

This could've been a 2 year taper if I hadn't made a few major errors. In fact, a year ago Feb I was down to the the last few weeks and updosed a few times to rid myself of extra withdrawal and then got really sick when my body re-acclimated to a higher dose (due to the long half-life). I had to seriously suck it up and go BACK UP to 4 mgs from like .2 mgs, adding more than a year. BUT that allowed me to sleep, get off the couch, and take a major trip to Europe. Don't regret it.

Now I'm off and feeling well! Go slow. I cut .12 daily at the beginning of my taper and less than .01 nearer the end.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »
Congratulations, Kay.  :thumbsup:

I am also coming to the end of a microtaper and feeling pretty amazing most of the time. It was the best option for me as well. Good luck going forward. Life is beautiful. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 02:51:45 am »
Congratz and a great taper and finally being benzo free!!  Another wonderful success story from a daily taper.  Thank you so much for coming back and sharing if with us.  So important to everyone here.

Stay strong!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 01:19:57 am »
Congratulations, Kay.  :thumbsup:

I am also coming to the end of a microtaper and feeling pretty amazing most of the time. It was the best option for me as well. Good luck going forward. Life is beautiful. :)

Congratulations!!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:35 am »
[...],
Good for you! I went so slow I was losing about .03mg a month. Not sure what that is Valium wise.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:27 am »
This is a very inspirational story for me because I am just starting a taper.  Well, I'm just starting it over because I got so impatient and made a much too big cut and am now suffering so I'm going to go back to where I was ( made the big cut two weeks after switching over to diazepam )   This has all just happened in the last month , and the last two weeks are when I felt the hit from cutting so rapidly. It am going to just take it very very slow because I have to be abler o function, and when I switched over to diazepam I was functioning good, why did I go screw it up? I wish I hadnt . Thank you for the story.

[...],
I went so slow I cut .001mg a day that turned out to be .03mg a month. If you go slow and do the daily taper and run into problems you can go back to the dose/day where you felt the best. I had to do that twice and it worked like a charm.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 04:03:15 pm »
Thank you Kay. One week benzo free today! Just experiencing some occasional low grade headaches and muscle aches. Nothing terrible.

Early in my taper, I reduced at .12 mg V per day, but most of my taper was at .1 and the last few months was at .01. It is amazing the control that a microtaper gives you. I too re-tapered from time to time--sometimes at a slower rate--when I ran into problems. It was very effective.

I couldn't believe that I was able to eliminate night sweats at the end of my taper but adding 2 ml of water, which effectively changed it from a taper rate of .01XX to .01XY. (Don't remember the exact numbers.) That made all the difference and eliminated symptoms in one day.

There is really no need for most people to stuffer as much as they do, IMO. BUT you have to be okay with sloooow.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
Hi Kay,

I'm glad you had this great success with your withdrawal. I've also been on klonopin for 20 years. I suffer from social, generalized anxiety and depression. Can you tell me what was the condition that led you to Klonopin?. I've tried withdrawal a few times with no success, because my social anxiety goes to the roof. I feel discouraged sometimes because some people say that you have to be free of benzos in order for CBT to work. My therapists says it will help, maybe take more time because of the klonopin but that it will work, so we'll see, im really determined to withdraw klonopin with the most help i can get, but would like to know your original condition. Did it get better?

Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 11:41:49 am »
[...], look into Probiotics strains lactobacillus GG, l rhamnosus. These are potent anxiolitcs. They increase GABA receptor expression, reduce pro inflammatory cytokines, degrade histamine and help digestion. Over time if you feed them prebiotic foods, oatbran, onions, gum Arabic, Jerusalem artichokes, etc, you will also boost bifido bacteria numbers, very powerful GABA producing strains in the lower bowel. Give them time to multiply and watch for an initial potential increase in nausea or anxiety as they battle the bad gut bugs for dominance.