Author Topic: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin – Success Story -  (Read 35474 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin – Success Story -
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2020, 11:47:33 pm »
Yes she is in the US and it is Klonopin liquid. I don't know the manufacturers info.

Kay

[...]

I do know someone tapering and using liquid klonopin. So it's brand name. I didn't think it existed but it does. It's made just like Liquid Valium.

Kay

Hello, Kay. Thanks ever so for responding and for the tip that clonazepam tablets from different manufacturers vary in terms of how quickly/well they disintegrate in milk.  I’ve read here and elsewhere that a fix for this is to add a sufficient amount of water to the tablet(s) first to “jump start” the disintegration process before adding the milk.

Alas, I just double checked DailyMed and Genentech (the Roche subsidiary that manufacturers brand Klonopin in the US) and do not see a product listing for an oral solution of clonazepam.

Roche does indeed make an oral solution of clonazepam named Rivotril but it is only available in certain countries (New Zealand comes to mind), not the US.

So, if the person you know is US-based, I’m wondering if s/he is using a prescription compounded liquid made with brand name Klonopin tablets?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2020, 12:27:24 am »
[...],
Yes it is very painful. More than anyone can imagine. Cymbalta WD is very very very painful. I saw this with my brother. Its the one big bad thing about cymbalta WD. I had klonopin WD pain, I think Cymbalta pain must be worse. Try to hang in there!

Thanks, Kay. I'm doing my best.  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2020, 02:50:33 pm »
Thanks for posting your success story, it is inspirational.

I start my taper Mar 1st form 0.25/day clonazepam. The plan I have layed out will take me about 7.5 months to complete but I realize it may take longer.

Almost everyone says to go slow and you should have better results so that is what I plan to do.

Congrats!  :D

[Buddie]

« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2020, 09:04:28 pm »
[...]

Once searching this site I looked for people's tapering regrets and almost every single one regretted fast tapering or cold turkey. I don't think I ever ran across someone regretting slow tapering and if they do you have to ask yourself how slow is slow? Some people think they are slow and in my experience seems fast to me.  I think your time frame is good, even tiny reductions help the brain get on board in my opinion. I also spread the doses out 3 times a day and after I did that I felt better.

My last benzo taper worked well, my first one was a liquid 5 percent reduction every two weeks failed and causes akathisia for going too fast. I was at .50mg with that one and made it to .25mg and crashed. With the last and successful taper I had none of that and I started that one two months after my horrible failed taper. I have been told by doctors that the brain like pattern. I think a gentile pattern for the brain to follow is the best thing instead of large cuts and holds. But that's my opinion.

The one thing I was not aware of afterwards is the sensitivity to a lot of other medications afterwards. And also supplements. Good news is that is also not permanent.