Author Topic: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin Success Story -  (Read 33769 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Micro Tapering/Daily Tapering off of Klonopin Success Story -
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2017, 03:41:55 am »
Kay,
I could not agree with you more. We have to be our own advocates.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Other Medications
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:12 pm »
Well I just went through hell and yes it felt exactly like acute benzo withdrawal. But how come? I have not taken a benzo in two years and all my symptoms have resolved?

I started WD type symptoms, Racing heart, anxiety and horrible fear, hyper hearing, digestion shut down and could not eat. Rapid weight-loss. Adrenaline surges at 3:00am working up every morning for 19 days.  A rash I had when I was in bezo withdrawal came back.

I went to GP, told to get therapy! Went to GYN thinking it was perimenopause and told it is the change and go home and cry! Went to a new GP and was told I was doing it to myself! By this time I slipped in a deep depression. Finally I was so desperate I went to an Urgent Care place. They did blood panels, and an EKG which turned out to be normal.

I had been googling for days and on that last day I put in my high blood pressure medication. I was taken off for awhile and then my BP was slightly elevated so went back on to Losartan lowest possible dose. I read 5 people out of 1000s had these exact same symptoms and they were on it for years without problems.

I emailed the new doctor with what I found he called and said to stop my pill. Within 24 hours almost all the symptoms stopped. I still have ringing in my ears and am shaky and very tired.

I can't believe that it felt exactly like benzo acute withdrawal.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2017, 12:47:42 am »
Update:

Okay it has been months and 4 doctors later. I do not have a solution but as more time passes from March it is getting better. Every freaking symptom I had in WD I went through with this reaction. I do not believe I was in a window for two years and then went into a wave, I just don't buy it. What I do believe is that I was injured by Klonopin to begin with even before taper. A few things make sense now and looking back through my journal it is really making sense.

I have had "reactions" before, even before tapering. I was tapering my AD, Lexapro. I was in the middle of the taper so tapering for 7 months when I had eye surgery. Being as my taper was going pretty good and had no idea what benzo withdrawal was (I was still taking my dose of konopin), I didn't give it a thought. I got home after surgery and went to sleep, when I woke up I was in terror, had no idea why, asked the doctor the next day and they had no idea why and I was in that state for 7 days. It took seven days to calm down, I chalked it up to stress and tapering.

NOW I know, anyone going through acute benzo withdrawal knows what that is.

But even before then a few years earlier I was in the ER with food poisoning. They gave me  compazine for nausea in an IV ... 10 ..9... 8...7... 6   BOOM, same thing, terror. Bad. That took 5 days to calm down, I went to my doctor and he said "Oh that happens, it s no big deal". SAME feeling as acute.

This last week I looked up compazine, this is what I read about the drug:

Compazine (prochlorperazine) is a phenothiazine anti-psychotic used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia. Compazine (prochlorperazine) is also used to treat anxiety, and to control severe nausea and vomiting.

They gave me an Anti-psychotic for food poisoning?????

So you got Now ... March 2017 this reaction from my blood pressure pill, exactly like acute withdrawal while taking the BP pill (losartan)
Then before that 2013, Woke up in this state, found out it was my klonopin I was still taking, same exact reaction but I had to slowly taper off.

Before that 2011, same type reaction after eye surgery.

Before that the reaction to the IV in the ER (compazine) 2006.

If this is from CNS damage then my CNS was damaged long before benzo withdrawal and from Klonopin.

The reason I am not suffering at this moment is when I found out it was the BP pill I stopped it, within 24 hours the major symptoms subsided.

Then I noticed 2.5 years after my taper and having no symptoms up till the BP pill event, I could not drink coffee, drink whey protein shakes, drink bone broth.  All high in glutamate. I started to be sensitive to foods again.

My GP tried me on a Chanel Calcium Blocker (Amlodipine 2.5mg) (bad anxiety, felt like acute, swollen ankles)

So he tried a water pill. I didn't have an acute type of reaction but I had an regular allergic reaction.

So then he wrote a prescription of the lowest dose of a beta blocker 6mgs (carvedilol). I have taken then years before (metoprolol) and even during taper. But I had an adverse reaction but thought it was an inter reaction with medications from dental work .. I was wrong because I took the 6mg beta blocker and my BP soared!!!! I had to go to the ER, they could not do anything because I can't take anything.

Since I could not take BP pills I started to take supplements to lower blood pressure. Guess what??? Adverse reactions and my BP Soared! (Hawthorn Berries and Celery Seed Extract)

I went to a cardiologist that just didn't believe me. But I found studies with similar reaction to bp pills with a rash, which I had with the bp pill AND klonopin. A round rash and it looked like ringworm but is no, is a DRUG REACTION! Well that or cancer but with blood panels ruling that out, I had a "rare" drug reaction with two different medications in different years. 2013 and 2017.

So now the cardiologist says I am too sensitized. So its rest and going to be rechecked in November.  As March 2017 gets further away I am feeling better symptom wise, in fact each month is getting better and better.  because I am not taking anything.  I can't get treatment for high blood pressure or take supplements so I feel like a sitting duck and Cardiologist have never heard of this so no one knows anything and I feel as if I have to protect myself from the ignorance of the doctors yet fear the blood pressure.

Because the GP had be take medication after medication my BP went up, I hope it slowly comes down and I don't have to take anything for many many years. I don't even know if I could ever.

I do think I was injured again with the BP pill and I know healing happens for with out this happening I would have sworn I was healed, that show good I felt. I'm not really suffering now, Intrusive thoughts, anxiety and all that stopped last month, right after March it was every day, then it started up every other week, then every other month and now seems to be gone and I lack energy.

I do think I am sensitized and it is not just BP pills. I think this can happen to anyone who was inured by benzos with any medications.

What am I going to do now?

I don't know I guess wait till November, Pray and keep healing.

I have turned down medications, a GP tried to get me to take Klonopin!!! Also a steroid I turned down for the rash and an anti-fungal which I had to tell the doctor it is not ring worm, he sent me to a dermatologist who said it was not ringworm and prescribed the steroid which I refused to use. It would have been 6 weeks treatment with a very strong steroid. Yeah right! Not going to happen! Funny this is, the rash was because of the drug reaction and ALL these doctors missed it. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2017, 12:36:10 am »
I am very lucky to have find a cardiologist that does not rush me on pills. He is having me rest and my BP is coming down somewhat, not to the place I want. But what can I do.

The rash has proven to be a drug reaction so now I have more of the medical community on my side because there is some physical proof I guess.

I don't fit in here because I am not protracted or all the way healed (because of the drug reaction) so there is no support here, But thought I would add to my story so that if anyone gains anything is to watch out for other medications even though you feel healed. And not think it is a weird wave years alter after having no symptoms. 

And to the person who Pmed me saying they would help me and then ignored me, all I have to say is .... I don't need your help, it is cruel what you did (Thank God I am not a new person in this) and now I know why and who.  I am getting through this and will get through this without the special "help" Shame on you playing with people like that.  and to everyone else, beware of people PMing you telling you they know everything about WD and to have them "guide" you through it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2017, 03:26:13 am »
I am very happy today, I had an appointment with my cardiologist. He researched benzo withdrawal (wow huh?) says my BP is coming down somewhat slowly. He does not want me on harsh medications and is giving me 6 months of rest on no medications. He wants my CNS a chance to settle down and if my bp comes down a little more I can be med free and if I need any medications when I am older I can probably take them.  If he has to medicate he promises tiny doses of the least harmful medications and closely monitoring. He was surprised to learn how long I was put on klonopin and how much stronger klonpin is than Valium. 

Another doctor advised me to use a resperate breath monitor to lower blood pressure. Says she has had good results with it. It teaches the body to breath correctly, not to fast and not to slow.  I will see.

This is the first every doctor to not only believe me but to look into it.  I never thought it would happen.

[Buddie]

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2017, 12:12:30 pm »
Wonderful news, [...]! I'm very glad to read of the advice you were given and to know that you've got a good doctor on your side. Thanks for sharing it here, too. So many BBs have had bad experiences with doctors, so it's great to hear of something quite the opposite.  :thumbsup:  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2017, 03:28:26 am »
Thanks [...],
It does help to have some understanding from the cardiologist, I don't really care if a GP does not believe me.  I think the stress is not wanting a doctor to unknowingly hurt us because of not understanding or believing.  I have felt better since that appointment.   :)

We all deserve our symptoms and worries to be reassured and respected.

[Buddie]

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2017, 04:31:09 am »
Wow, it has been a wild trip. This "reaction" from a blood pressure pill was exactly like WD, the whole WD experience. First was the acute like stage, then an anxiety stage and now a pain stage. But this time around the symptoms were way less intense and passing quite quickly. My only challenge now is to not have the cardiologist give me something to complicate things.

Each stage is happening exactly like it did in WD but less intense.  Stage 1: Acute type. Stage 2. Anxiety, intrusive thoughts both on for a week off for a few weeks till Stage 3: pain stage, nerve, muscle and shocks but again way way less than the first go around. Next if this goes like the first time is pain free and a level of healing.

Funny no benzo to have to "detox" yet it went on to each stage. That makes me think that the "stages" is not the benzo leaving the system, but the brain healing or rewiring.

Also I started klonopin for panic disorder, I had panic attacks for many years. Since the last of my taper I have yet had any panic attacks, just once when I was driving in the pouring rain and I just learned how to drive for the first time in my life. But since then not once have I had a panic attack or at any time since tapering have I had any type of phobia or agoraphobia, even my fear of heights is gone.

I have met with a medical practitioner who is farther out than me and has experienced the same thing, he calls them "cycles" and he says each "cycle" is less intense then the "cycle" before.  I had a good two years with no symptoms, so I'm up for another two :)

Even with this "cycle?" I have not let it keep me in. I have reconnected with friends and it has remained that way.

[Buddie]

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2017, 03:37:07 pm »
Hang in there Kay...We WILL make it! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2018, 06:10:29 am »
Everything is heading in the right direction. Symptoms are gone. I lack some energy but that is about it.  Which if memory serves me correctly that is how it went last time. I am very happy with my progress. All I did was slow down my exercise to a passive type exercise and stopped the medication I had these acute type symptoms with.  Looked and found new doctors and rested.  Doctors do not believe this, but I find myself not caring anymore. I control any treatment and my family is well versed now in case of an accident or something. At some point we got to live!

:smitten: