Correct amount to drop on clonazepam

[go...]

Hi, I have a quick question because I've seen alot of differing advice. the Ashton Manual has a guidleine of 5-10% drop of the dose every 10-14 days. My question is if I'm at 1mg clonazepam I thought I would drop 4% every two weeks, so in my mind that would be as below. Does that sound like a good plan??

1mg

.096mg 2 weeks

.092mg 2 weeks

.88mg 2 weeks

and so on with this drop schedule to zero

THANKS

Hey golfbuddy!

Im sure that would work fine.  Are you using titration?  If so, I would find the daily equivalent of 4% (.28% if my math is correct) and remove that amount everyday but use that schedule.  If you do fine with that schedule for a few weeks, you could increase the daily amount slightly and see how it goes.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks Sharkey, I appreciate the feedback so you feel it is more effective to have the clonazepam be reduced on a daily basis in 1/14 increments over the two week time frame.

Hi Golfbuddy,

I want to lend my support to a daily titration.  It gives the most control and minimizes withdrawal symptoms in my experience.  The method I use is explained on the benzosupport.org website under the "Water Titration" tab.  This site also has an Excel spreadsheet you can download to create a daily schedule.  Most on this forum do titration with milk, but I find that water works fine for me.  Many also dry cut and use a scale to measure daily amounts.

Thanks Sharkey, I appreciate the feedback so you feel it is more effective to have the clonazepam be reduced on a daily basis in 1/14 increments over the two week time frame.

Absolutely recommend daily cuts. I have been doing daily cuts for 34 days and can I notice a difference in myself?  Well yes I can but at least it is the same for the most part which i have gotten use to.  If you do bigger cuts less often then you will get a new onslaught of symptoms after each cut until you level out, which for me was too much to handle.

Stay strong!

sharkey