Ativan withdrawal titration?

[Mi...]

I'm trying to find the best way to get off Ativan. I've been using the Ashton Method of crossover, but find Valium too depressing to increase it any more as I lower the Ativan.  So now I am at 16.5 mg. Valium and .375 mg. Ativan. I don't want to add Valium as I cut Ativan any more because the Ativan gets out of my system fast (( think in about a week) while the Valium takes time to build up, and by then I'm just left with the Valium depression.

So, how should I kick the remaining .375 Ativan? I've been cutting the 0.5 pill into fourths so far (with the Valium addition) which is .125 mg. and about the tiniest way you can cut these pills.

I also have clonidine as prescribed by my doctor to help with the anxiety (it's not Klonopin - clonidine is a blood pressure medicine also used for withdrawal anxiety).

Should I:

- continue dropping the Ativan 1/4 pill (.125) at a time? Over one-week or two-week intervals?

or

- Use a titration method to reduce it in smaller amounts? If so, how?

Remember, I still have the Valium on board to help.

Please, don't offer anything too complicated, as I can hardly think as it is and I don't want to mess it up.

Thank you!

MirandaJane