Polydrugging support group

[Co...]

Any other polydrugged ppl out here? I sometimes feel weirdly jealous of ppl who are 'only' on benzo's; Which is a stupid thought to have. But I feel it's going to take a long, long time before I can withdraw from all these pills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [ga...]

• [Li...]

• [ra...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Corsair:

I know what you mean about wishing to be only on benzos if that were not enough to worry about.  I am currently on 100 mg seroquel and I still take 1 mg of klonopin in kindling so I have a long hard withdrawal still ahead.  I also take propanalol.

I have been on zyprexa, doxepin, remeron, prozac, desipramine, paxil among others.  You get the drift.  I wish that all I had to worry about was what the benzos have done.  I am beginning to think long term damage from all the cocktails I have been on. I know that sleep is a big problem for both of us as well.  I find it very hard to come off things now. Wasn't so hard in the past but now very hard to come off.  I have come off multiple things in the past without much trouble. The more you are on and the more times you come off the harder it gets.

Any other polydrugged ppl out here? I sometimes feel weirdly jealous of ppl who are 'only' on benzo's; Which is a stupid thought to have. But I feel it's going to take a long, long time before I can withdraw from all these pills.

I feel the same way as you because part of me feels that if they are "only" on benzos and they get off and never take any meds again, they have a much higher chance to heal 100% than someone who has been polydrugged.  Right now, I'm on both Klonopin and Depakote ER.  However, at my worst, I was on something like 5 psych meds at a time.

I'm still hoping we will all heal 100% But I feel it's an unknown territory what multiple of these drugs to you. There is some (not nearly enough) research about benzo, some research about antidepressants and antipsychotics. But the combination...

I'm taking trazodone and seroquel. And tonight I felt that I have an irregular heartbeat (i hear my heart at night, normally it kinda calms me, well I learned myself to listen to the regular beat even if it's going fast) But this time several beats were missed. This is a side effect of trazodone, so I'm scared I will have to go off it faster now.

But I haven't been sleeping for some weeks now and so I am very worried that it will get even worse if I try to withdraw at the same time  :sick:

Hi, I am planning to make a small cut in my trazodone (50 mg) this sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but I really need to get off it, because of the side effects. How are you all doing?

Last year, I was on trazodone. I slowly weaned off the trazodone. I felt so much better when I got that trazodone out of my system. It was a bad med for me. Then, when my sleep got bad from lowering the Xanax, my psych added 50mg Seroquel at bedtime for sleep. After 4 weeks or so on the Q, suddenly the neuropathy flared up so horrific I just wanted to jump off a bridge. I looked on the insert and saw Q can rarely cause neuropathy. So my psych stopped it abruptly. That was  a week ago. I have been a wreck since. Neuropathy is still bad and anxiety is through the roof. Naturally, I stopped reducing my Xanax. I am very frustrated.

I'm having a low spot in the pain the morning, but I am on edge just waiting for it to hit me again.

I think you are right to withdraw one thing at a time. That's what my psychiatrist told me. Slow and steady. One change at a time. A long road but a road to healing.  :thumbsup:

edit: personal info removed

That's rough gardener!

C/T from 50mgs. i did a 5 mg cut from seroquel and the sx lasted for about a week and then I was fine. I understand what you're saying about your life being all about doctors appointments. My life is like that too.

Did you try acupuncture yet? It helps me with the withdrawal.

It's annoying how one small decision of taking such a pill can cause such a long road of suffering...

Hi, I am planning to make a small cut in my trazodone (50 mg) this sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but I really need to get off it, because of the side effects. How are you all doing?

I hope your Trazodone cut works out for you Corsair.  I still have vivid memories of the little explosions in my head I would feel before it would knock me out for a little while.  And then I would have dry mouth for an eternity.  I wish I remembered the dose they gave me.

That's rough gardener!

C/T from 50mgs. i did a 5 mg cut from seroquel and the sx lasted for about a week and then I was fine. I understand what you're saying about your life being all about doctors appointments. My life is like that too.

It's annoying how one small decision of taking such a pill can cause such a long road of suffering...

So maybe the c/t is why I feel so bad? That's hopeful, because maybe it will pass.

My insurance doesn't cover acupuncture.

That's rough gardener!

So maybe the c/t is why I feel so bad? That's hopeful, because maybe it will pass.

Yes, most people already feel like 25 mgs is a high jump. I would assume it would last about a month, but don't take my word for it.

OMG, I totally feel this. I have been on antidepressants since I went through puberty. I don't have the advantage of knowing that I was totally fine before benzos because I know I wasn't. But I do know I was BETTER. There is hope for us!  :smitten:

Acupuncture has helped me, but I was able to get free community detox treatments for awhile through a study that my health center was doing. I have started personal treatments with an acupuncturist who does a pay-what-you-can model. If you can pay anything at all maybe there are acupuncture clinics like that around you. I hope so!

That's rough gardener!

Yes, most people already feel like 25 mgs is a high jump. I would assume it would last about a month, but don't take my word for it.

I'm feeling a little bit better every day now after a week in hell. Not tapering anything now. Just waiting this out.

A bit more hopeful! Thank you for the encouragement that this will not be forever!  :smitten:

That's rough gardener!

I'm feeling a little bit better every day now after a week in hell and a weekend inpatient (which is a different kind of hell, posted on the cold turkey board about that). Not tapering anything now. Just waiting this out.

A bit more hopeful! Thank you for the encouragement that this will not be forever!  :smitten:

Glad to hear this!

OMG, I totally feel this. I have been on antidepressants since I went through puberty. I don't have the advantage of knowing that I was totally fine before benzos because I know I wasn't. But I do know I was BETTER. There is hope for us!  :smitten:

Acupuncture has helped me, but I was able to get free community detox treatments for awhile through a study that my health center was doing. I have started personal treatments with an acupuncturist who does a pay-what-you-can model. If you can pay anything at all maybe there are acupuncture clinics like that around you. I hope so!

Yes acupuncture helps me too! I should have done that much earlier because it helps tremendously!

Together we will all get through this! One day at a time

One day at a time = SUCH a valuable mantra for recovery. Really helpful.

I went to acupuncture again this morning.  :smitten: It's encouraging to hear it helps you so much, too!

[83...]
Im polydruggrd and have been for awhile now. I've been drugged with over  40 drugs last year alone, I am currently on 1.5mg of Ativan, 100mg of Lyrica and propranolol as needed which is funny because I have POTs so its useless.

So went from 50mgs traz to 25 mgs in two weeks. Did not have insomnia and thought I was fine.

I got extreme joint laxity and I cannot walk anymore. Googling learned me that others experienced this.

I'm not sure if I should updose or wait it out. I feel like it's bareble to wait it out. Only I am scared for permanent damage. I'm confused about how this works.

So went from 50mgs traz to 25 mgs in two weeks. Did not have insomnia and thought I was fine.

I got extreme joint laxity and I cannot walk anymore. Googling learned me that others experienced this.

I'm not sure if I should updose or wait it out. I feel like it's bareble to wait it out. Only I am scared for permanent damage. I'm confused about how this works.

Corsair, I know what you mean to be afraid of permanent damage. I never took the time to put this in my signature, but I'd use Adderal or Ritalin to wake up when I took so much xanax, and also used hydrocodone as a "stress reliever" in addition to the cocktail of X, a stimulant, depakote and an SSRI.

I remember taking a huge amount of X in mornings along with a time-release adderal to get me through the day.  Talk about sending different signals to your brain  :idiot:

I updosed 3 weeks ago and convinced my doc to hold for a few months.  I just couldn't function.  I know that slows down my recovery  :'(  It was a good choice for me.  Others have posted it hurt them.  Hard decision.

Hope you are hanging on today.

:smitten:

Having a big wave or withdraw from trazodone. No clue.

I'm at 25 mgs (from 50) now and holding. I'm still sleeping (which is amazing!) but having terrible physical sx.

Joint and muscle laxity, which makes my pre existing condition extremely worse (it is so severe I'm in a wheelchair right now). Nausea, twitching, throat ache, hormonal disturbances.

I did the cut from 40 to 25, about 8 days ago. I know it's a big cut, but my hand instability does not permit me to make good cuts.

I'm just hoping I will stabilize the next few weeks.

Because my sleep is good quality , i want to stabilize on this dose. I'm not upping it anymore.

How are you all doing?

I'm at 25 mgs (from 50) now and holding. I'm still sleeping (which is amazing!) but having terrible physical sx.

Joint and muscle laxity, which makes my pre existing condition extremely worse (it is so severe I'm in a wheelchair right now). Nausea, twitching, throat ache, hormonal disturbances.

I did the cut from 40 to 25, about 8 days ago. I know it's a big cut, but my hand instability does not permit me to make good cuts.

Because my sleep is good quality , i want to stabilize on this dose. I'm not upping it anymore.

How are you all doing?

Corsair  :smitten:

i saw your signature

you took seroxat (paxil) and risperidal

i was so bad on those meds, then they switched it

one year ago them to depacoter, lamictal and abilify along with klonopin

i was having crying spells from hell

non of poisons worked

i ended up in the hospital 2014 06 30 th i think

at the time my husband cheating was going on full force

now i understand why he was not worried and happy

to visit me, when i was in distress of my life.....

then i don't know , if it was me or destiny or God's will

i decided to stop this self poisoning

i was going through hell....

I'm trying to push through the days

and the moment when i fall asleep is my favoured because i get to escape this hell

i think I'm back sleeping 5 hours

so its not 3-4

can you imagine 5 HOURS a day

at some of my taper

i was getting 5 hours in total every 3-4 days.....

wonder if they ever were giving awards for torture inventions

psych drugs could easy make into top 5 :crazy:

Hi vasilisa, i cant send messages ,

i just wanted to wish your baby girl a happy birthday today  !! i hope that you and her have a great day together god bless you and her , big hugs  :hug:

How are you all doing?

I did a big cut of trazodone while I was unstable on Xanax (inter=dose w/d because of clueless psych nurse)and fell apart at the seams. I reinstated the trazodone and tapered it slowly until I was off of it.

Have you considered crushing pills and weighing the powder with a milligram scale? I found a milligram scale to be very valuable when I was cutting. Also, having a son with a steady hand helped!

Yesterday I had bad neuropathy but it's low today. Yay!

How are you all doing?

I did a big cut of trazodone while I was unstable on Xanax (inter=dose w/d because of clueless psych nurse)and fell apart at the seams. I reinstated the trazodone and tapered it slowly until I was off of it.

Have you considered crushing pills and weighing the powder with a milligram scale? I found a milligram scale to be very valuable when I was cutting. Also, having a son with a steady hand helped!

Yesterday I had bad neuropathy but it's low today. Yay!

I will consider it for further tapering. But now I'm waiting it out. Do not want to updose because I need to get off the pills because of healthproblems, otherwise I will never be able to get my surgery.

I'm still ok-ish. Not doing good, but it has been worse so I'm playing the waiting game ;)

Ah, the waiting game! You are so strong. I think thoughts like yours are what we need to keep going. Being able to keep breathing from second to second, knowing that at least it's not the worst it's ever been. That's absolutely what's kept me going for the past few months. And I think I am so much better than I have been. It is just such a long road and sometimes I go back down. But we just have to keep going! Like Winston Churchill said... "if you're going through hell, keep going." :) I really admire you all for sticking to your resolve to get through this polydrugging hell.  :smitten:

I'm filling out intake papers to see a psychiatrist who might have more experience with the dangers of polydrugging and who I'm hoping will be able to help me more than my current one. Wishing and hoping!

Also, I ordered a milligram scale to help me taper down slowly from Effexor and I think it should arrive today. I'm excited to keep going down... trying to shut the fears out.