Author Topic: Sleeping and palpitation  (Read 2805 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Sleeping and palpitation
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »
I'm on atenolol as well, and still get palps. They tend to come on after I lay down to sleep. (not all the time though)
Usually I prop up my pillows and sleep elevated, or in the recliner until they pass.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 07:28:57 am »
[...], I have to do the same thing.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »
I hate that most people have this as well! However it is good to know that we are not alone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:13 am »
Hi...I get these too and I keep a glass of water by the bed and when I wake up with it I chug the water and it gets bette...don't know why...dehydration can cause heart palps and this taper dehydrates us...so that could be part of it...anyway that works for me...hope you feel better. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 12:52:32 am »
Hi...I get these too and I keep a glass of water by the bed and when I wake up with it I chug the water and it gets bette...don't know why...dehydration can cause heart palps and this taper dehydrates us...so that could be part of it...anyway that works for me...hope you feel better. :)

Thank you for giving this tip!  Palpitations freak me out and relaxing is the only thing I know of to help them! 

I've only had them twice, but I assure you the next time I'll be chugging away!!   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 12:57:38 am »
Sure ...at the start of my cross over I was a mess!!! and this really helped me...I would drink like 32 oz in the middle of the night :laugh: and then I would have to wiz like 3X a night :laugh: Oh I don't miss all that at all!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 01:30:24 am »
Sure ...at the start of my cross over I was a mess!!! and this really helped me...I would drink like 32 oz in the middle of the night :laugh: and then I would have to wiz like 3X a night :laugh: Oh I don't miss all that at all!

I do that still anyway!    :laugh:   I've pretty much got that path to where I can safely sleepwalk!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 01:45:12 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
as long as I don't have benzo vertigo I don't hit too many walls on the way there. :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 02:55:48 am »
Geart point about drinking water! Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 06:20:38 am »
I like the tip about the water. I drink about a gallon of water a day and I drink other things as well. I'm still thristy enough to drink more water at night.