HELP may i please have a titration schedule for .75 clonazepam

[yy...]

1.  started taking .5 around 12/15/14 innocently for sleep -- had been to emergency room for abdominal pain -- given CIPRO and had to have a colonoscopy

2.  Start seeing a homeopathy dr. to get off of psych drugs but he was OK with taking me taking while doing remedy (Pulsatilla)

3.  then my sister went to the hospital for low sodium on 2/10 and nearly died... then they took her off of prozac and she attempted suicide (shot herself in the chest and survived)  on 3/1

4.  I began to take 2 or 3 on the weekends this past feb/march.  I did not think I was addicted.... tried to stop cold turkey on 3/30 after only 16 weeks when my husband read about Stevie Nicks -- off for 4 days ... by 4/4 only slept 2 hours.... so took 1 mg on 4/6 per homeopathy dr. then back to .5 --- did not sleep real well.  Have tried to cut back... last week 4/14 tried to go to .375 mg after going back on to .5 for a week and could not sleep so then tried 1 mg but too much so appear to need .75.  took .75 one day 4/16 and then Tried to do water titration of .25 to 25 ml and cut 1 ml each night and take the .5 dry.  Did OK first and 2nd nights but last night woke up at 3.... only got 5 hours sleep.  I thought I would cut 1 ml each night for 2 weeks ... then .8 ml.  so basically taper .25 every month....  what should I do?  Since have only been on less than 6 months -- want to get off as quickly as can but still working and must sleep HELP

[45...]

I'm sorry for all that you have been through.  It's gotta be tough.  Hopefully, your anxiety is mostly behind you, and calm blue waters are ahead.

First - stop bouncing your dose all over the place.  It's good to begin in a nice, stable place.  It could be 0.75 or 0.5.  Whatever works for you.  Do that dose for several days in a row.

Changes in your dose may not reflect immediately in how you feel.  It takes a few days for the level of klonopin to equilibrate in your body (whether you're going up or down in your dose).

Sleep may be an issue until you're through this taper.  It may remain an issue for a time even when you're finished with your taper.  It's a good idea to come to terms with the possibility of some degree of insomnia.  You need to be calm when you find yourself awake at 3 am.  Getting anxious or mad will only make it worse.  OTC meds like Benadryl or Unisom may help with your sleep.  The herbal stuff probably won't be strong enough for a while.  Five hours of sleep should be viewed as a good thing!!

I know that you're in a hurry to get off these meds, but if you take it just a little bit slower, you might get through this with a minimum of discomfort.  Most people around here shoot for a 5-10% cut every two weeks or an equivalent cut rate done on a daily basis.  If you stabilize at 0.75, then you might try cutting to 0.675 (a 10% cut) and hold for a week or two to see how you do.  If that goes well, then do another, similar cut and hold again.  If your symptoms are limited to insomnia then you might get through this very easily (except of course for the insomnia).  If you start getting a lot of other symptoms (shakes or panic, for example), then slow down your taper rate.