Why titration? Regular dosage? Daily taper? Both?

[Tr...]

I'm down below .125 dry cutting Klonopin and am considering titration. It's just so hard to get even cuts of these tiny slivers! While I'm not convinced the fluctuations in dose sizes even matter when they're spread out over just a few days, I suppose it's better to be safe. Titration makes more sense so that dose sizes are exactly the same, but it is a more involved process.

I've read this board so I understand how it's done, but I'm wondering a few things:

1. Is there a noticeable change when switching from dry cutting to liquid (milk or vodka)? Is there an adjustment period? Does the same dose work the same way dry or liquid?

2. Do you titrate so you can do a daily taper and gradually reduce? Or do you still hold at certain doses for a while and make occasional larger cuts?

1. Is there a noticeable change when switching from dry cutting to liquid (milk or vodka)? Is there an adjustment period? Does the same dose work the same way dry or liquid?

2. Do you titrate so you can do a daily taper and gradually reduce? Or do you still hold at certain doses for a while and make occasional larger cuts?

Hey Travis,

For me there wasn't a huge change switching from dry dose to liquid. Just an uptick in symptoms from my recent past, mainly anxiety,depression,which lasted 4-5 days. I say recent past because I reinstated after being off for 3 mos. and was feeling horrible.I was feeling pretty good when I started the titration due to reinstating. I think that it is important to be feeling reasonably good when you start. I think that some contemplate switching to liquid because they aren't t feeling good and think it will make them feel better. It doesn't work that way,you have to feel good first.

I am titrating because I couldn't handle dry-cutting and holding,my symptoms were non-stop horrible,but I had to work.Liquid titration has allowed me to do that. With the daily gradual reductions I feel nearly as good as when I began the titration. There are times when I feel an uptick in symptoms; if they last more than a couple of days I hold for a couple of days and I return to baseline. That has happened twice.

TH

I'm down below .125 dry cutting Klonopin and am considering titration. It's just so hard to get even cuts of these tiny slivers! While I'm not convinced the fluctuations in dose sizes even matter when they're spread out over just a few days, I suppose it's better to be safe. Titration makes more sense so that dose sizes are exactly the same, but it is a more involved process.

I've read this board so I understand how it's done, but I'm wondering a few things:

1.  It is very common to feel the switch, but not all people do.  A week or two usually takes care of it.

2.  Most who use liquid do a daily taper, but once you have a liquid your dosing is free and flexible.

Titration makes more sense so that dose sizes are exactly the same, but it is a more involved process.

No, its not.

Why do you think drawing up a dose into a syringe is "more involved" than trying to cut a pill into small portions?

Titration makes more sense so that dose sizes are exactly the same, but it is a more involved process.

No, its not.

Why do you think drawing up a dose into a syringe is "more involved" than trying to cut a pill into small portions?

Sorry, it seems like there are more steps involved in setting up the doses but it looks like in the long run it simplifies things.