Can't sleep more than 5 hours! Anyone else?

[8d...]

Just trying to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm a short time user, and almost a year off my CT.

I fall asleep relatively quickly most nights, but I just can't seem to sleep more than 5 hours. Like there's an internal alarm. I just pop right up.

Sometimes if I'm really tired I'll fall back asleep, go right into a dream, and wake up 1-2 hours later.

I'm not sure if this is withdrawal, or if I now just have chronic insomnia from anxiety about sleep.

Can anyone help?

You're not alone, 8d8. There are two insomnia support groups. You might want to check them out. A lot of people aren't even getting what you describe but it sure is a bum deal after short term use and a  year has passed. I hope you start sleeping more soon.

Hey admin....as you know I am quite content with 5 hours.  Actually feel good the following day on that much sleep.  We're all very different in our requirements for sleep.  How are you doing on 5 hours?  From what your posting I'm guessing you need more.  Hopefully, it will come in time.  I'll take a couple hours here and there right now.

I'd be ecstatic with 5 hours of non drugged sleep and consider it a miracle! I get zero sleep on the 3 nights/week I don't take anything and it's bad sleep the other nights.

Still, I remember being panicked last year about only 5 hours and wondering how I would survive on it. I've seen people on here make it for months and months with 2-3 hours/night. Going through benzo wd gives us superpowers ;):smitten:

I know the grass is always greener... I just find the anxiety that comes with the early awakening, and the daytime fatigue is tough.

Yeah, 8D8, it seems like the morning thing, with fatigue and anxiety, is a super common problem around here. I have to remind myself every day that it's going to pass. Often by 11 or 12 I start wanting to live again so I don't do much until then.

I hope you sleep longer tonight.

Right there with you 8D8, though 5 hours uninterrupted would be an incredible night for me.  I've probably got at least a couple more months of tapering ahead of me, and I must say it's discouraging to see people have lingering, Benzo related insomnia for so long after withdrawal. 

Hi:

I would have to agree with the others who have posted.  The insomnia thing is what has gotten so many of we benzo addicts in trouble in the first place.  I would be glad to get 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I get some sleep each night although I am still taking klonopin.  I am trying to withdrawal.  It is scary that benzo insomnia can go on for so long.  Be thankful that you are getting what you are.  There are so many like MTfan and I that struggle with the illness including insomnia that benzo users seem to be chained to.  We need to remind ourselves that things could always be worse.  I myself used to suffer mainly the insomnia thing but now I am in terrible pain in addition to having poor sleep as a result of benzo use.  Benzos should only be prescribed (in addition to other meds for sleep) for a short course of a few weeks.  Unfortunately, many of use get put on them for years and years.  Keep trying to sleep as best you can and take what you can get.  I know it is hard but pray that God will bless you and that you can and will recover in time.  Benzo insomia can and often does go on for a very long time.  I am sorry that you are going through this.

Ken

For myself that's about normal for sleep for me, my whole life it's been that way.

I know it may be stressful if you think about it, but it may just be the way things are for now.

Maybe go to bed later so that it doesn't seem so early when you wake up.

I'll fall asleep around 2 am each night and get up around 7:30 or 8 depending on what commitments I have that day.