Announcement: It is with regret... ×

My story. The boring bits.

[Je...]

Hello Buddies.

I have been on some form of benzo for the pat 20 years. I was on Xanax or Kalma or Oxazepam or Valium for the first ten years. The second ten years were spent on differing dosages of Klonolpin (aka Paxam) ranging from 4mg to 10mg. Last year I dropped my dose from 4mg at night to 3mg and then down to 2mg. At the start of this year I dropped the Paxam to 1mg and at the start or March I dropped to .05.

I am now on .5mg and thinking about dropping it to .25mg.  I am also wondering how safe it is to drop from .25mg to nothing?

I have experienced ringing in my ears and muscles twitches that seem to be easing off. But kind of expect the same to kick back in when I drop the dose again.

The reason I am here is to get and give support in regards to my journey. The one professional I work with has little experience in tapering down from Klonolpin/Paxam.

I also have body tics that seem to increase when I am not so relaxed.

I won't bore you with the mental illness side of it at this point.  :)

Hello JennyCat and welcome to the Benzobuddies forum.

I'm sorry you find yourself needing to be here but you have found a safe place to share and learn about becoming benzo-free. Besides learning you will find support from other persons in withdrawal and recovery. The good news is you have found the right place to get the help you need to finsih your taper and recovery safely.

Dr.Heather Ashton is considered an expert in the field of benzodiazepine withdrawal and if you haven't already done so, you might like to familiarize yourself with the The Ashton Manual

Another great place for reading is the Success Stories area of the forum. It's a great way to remind yourself that although some people experience difficult withdrawals, the end result is healing and recovery .

You may find this thread helpful to you in planning your taper and answering your questions about getting off that last .25 mg.

General Taper Plans

Please take some time to Create a Signature. This will help other members understand you history so they will be better able to support you.

To create your own signature, go to the top of the page and select Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert your drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

Best of luck and we are here to answer any questions,

Beth